Has YHH gone crazy?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BenDangle

Has YHH gone crazy?

Post by BenDangle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

They are doing a player of the year award for all levels. What's next a fantasy league for Mites?

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Good one Ben. That has actually been brought up on this page many times (fantasy league)!

Here is a link to the nomination info: http://youthhockeyhub.com/yhh-now-accep ... ear-award/

Enjoy,

TS

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Good one Ben. That has actually been brought up on this page many times (fantasy league)!

Here is a link to the nomination info: http://youthhockeyhub.com/yhh-now-accep ... ear-award/

Enjoy,

TS
You should just admit it and answer, 'Yes we (I) have.'
And leave it at that.

:D

observer

Post by observer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

He needs clicks.

Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

YHH would get more clicks if they had a hottest hockey mom contest. Get those glamour shots ready gals! There is some great talent out there and it should get recognized. Lets vote for every level then have a final vote for best overall. Mite moms should be a separate competition since of the built in advantage.

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Good one Ben. That has actually been brought up on this page many times (fantasy league)!

Enjoy,

TS
that would be called sarcasm ... much like player of the year at these ages is ridiculous

OBOY

Post by OBOY » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I think it's pretty cool!!!! YHH does a fantastic job, I love the NowScores, the ranking system, the featured player of the week, and yes I think player of the year will be pretty cool for who ever wins it. Talk about creating a memory of a lifetime for some lucky kid.

GREAT JOB YHH!!!!!! Keep up the great work....

I have to admit the Hot Hockey Mom thing would be pretty cool to...

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 am

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:YHH would get more clicks if they had a hottest hockey mom contest.
We need rules. What I don't want to see is some professional model signing her kid up for Squirt C in a small community just so she's eligible. Gotta get control of this or it's going to be a joke.
Be kind. Rewind.

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

I'll say this, the positives far outweigh the negative with our readers. I credit about 10 guys out there that act as a good compass on how to handle the site. Many thanks to those guys, they have been a great influence on YHH.

The Hot Mom thing has given me a great idea for a story...thanks fellas.

TS

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 am

YouthHockeyHub wrote:I'll say this, the positives far outweigh the negative with our readers. I credit about 10 guys out there that act as a good compass on how to handle the site. Many thanks to those guys, they have been a great influence on YHH.

TS
Let me understand this, you were outraged about teams filming other teams games but writing about and handing out POY for 8 and 9 year olds is a good idea ? What is your point for this ?

you can always find 10 guys who will agree to almost anything if you look hard enough.

Not outraged but this seems to be over the top, Todd Marinovich's dad kind of thing to do.

as far as your feedback, I'm bettin its like politics, your hearing the lunatic fringe but there is a silent majority out there.

OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 am

Crazier than a ***thouse rat!

:shock:

OBOY

Post by OBOY » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 am

silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:
YouthHockeyHub wrote:I'll say this, the positives far outweigh the negative with our readers. I credit about 10 guys out there that act as a good compass on how to handle the site. Many thanks to those guys, they have been a great influence on YHH.

TS
Let me understand this, you were outraged about teams filming other teams games but writing about and handing out POY for 8 and 9 year olds is a good idea ? What is your point for this ?

you can always find 10 guys who will agree to almost anything if you look hard enough.

Not outraged but this seems to be over the top, Todd Marinovich's dad kind of thing to do.

as far as your feedback, I'm bettin its like politics, your hearing the lunatic fringe but there is a silent majority out there.

Most Squirts are 10-11 years old. Certainly not 8.... I know a lot of people that say they love the YHH site. Once again the kids that win the award will have a youth hockey memory that will last a lifetime.

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 am

OBOY wrote:
silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:

TS

Most Squirts are 10-11 years old. Certainly not 8.... I know a lot of people that say they love the YHH site. Once again the kids that win the award will have a youth hockey memory that will last a lifetime.
Sorry was little off. I was guessing as I am not as familiar with this squirt age but according to quick check of publications ( district and MN hockey ) most squirts are 9 and 10. yeah a lot less weird :roll:

just thought i would give my 2 cents. carry on.

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Well it seems that the silent majority wants to speak out, go for it. For those of you upset with the format....go away....ignore it. Your all obviously reading it. That being said go back to being the silent majority (in your mind) and stop hating. If it bothers you that much stage your personal strike and never click on the site, but don't read it constantly and whine. It's all good like it or not.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 am

O-townClown wrote:
Toomuchtoosoon wrote:YHH would get more clicks if they had a hottest hockey mom contest.
We need rules. What I don't want to see is some professional model signing her kid up for Squirt C in a small community just so she's eligible. Gotta get control of this or it's going to be a joke.
Will there be AA, A, B1 and B2 divisions?
If so, will they be called DD, D, C, B and A?

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 am

InigoMontoya wrote:If so, will they be called DD, D, C, B and A?
That's a great start!

We can't go with birth year since it's impolite to ask a lady her age. I do believe we'll need a split along the lines of "pure" (all natural) and "mixed" (part natural, part augmented).

Or just one overall Open division? Maybe an Invite bracket for those that aren't married?
Be kind. Rewind.

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 am

O-townClown wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:If so, will they be called DD, D, C, B and A?
Maybe an Invite bracket for those that aren't married?
DING DING!!
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

shooter803

Post by shooter803 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am

might have to split North & South since northern guys give bonus points for those "moms" that can chop wood, skin a deer and drink some of the "cities" Dads under the table. Roseau mom wins in a landslide - even tho I married a Warroad girl:)

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

Shooter, you want no part of youth hockey where I live.
Be kind. Rewind.

OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 pm

O-townClown wrote:Shooter, you want no part of youth hockey where I live.
What's wrong with Edina?

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 am

These are Mn moms in Jan. Right ???

Johnsonpres

State tournaments

Post by Johnsonpres » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 am

If you are going to start handing out players of the year at the squirt level than why not keep track of standings and have state tournaments? MAHA has created more tournaments at the upper levels "AA" Pee and Bantam why not at the lower level like most other states. As far as moms go that should be in another sport.

silentbutdeadly3139

Re: State tournaments

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

i like the game reports and updates but its crazy to write "teams with bonafide superstars littering their rosters" and "And Rosemount with a who’s who of future NHL prospects" about squirts.

Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Can we assume that these players will all probably be from D6 or D8 since that is what you cover the most of. Its hard to call yourself a Hub for hockey when what you cover is only about 2 districts with a tournament story on occasion.

redtundra

YHH

Post by redtundra » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:Can we assume that these players will all probably be from D6 or D8 since that is what you cover the most of. Its hard to call yourself a Hub for hockey when what you cover is only about 2 districts with a tournament story on occasion.
Typical clown comment. YHH has done a great job in very little time getting as much coverage as possible. Clearly always looking for more - and growing. You feel slighted? Why not volunteer to be an official "D Fill in the number" correspondent so they can have more stories and articles from all over? Give me a break.