The Thompson Boy, A Pair of Aces, changing hockey

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

frederick61

The Thompson Boy, A Pair of Aces, changing hockey

Post by frederick61 »

Just posted a game story on the Achiever NE Academy's win over Highland Park at the high school level in a game played at Richfield. I posted it on the youth hockey forum because it poses the question of what direction will high school hockey go as a result of what Achiever NE Academy (and other similiar efforts) are doing this year.

What will the high school sport be like in two or three years when your kids are ready to move up?

It can be read at:

http://youthhockeyhub.com/the-thompson- ... hs-hockey/
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

When will Mn Made try to catch up to Northern Edge/Reebok Nats/Acheiver. Bubba played for Bernie [99 fire] but found greener grass with yuro/woodcroft program. Will the "made" open a school next year ??? I see no threat to Mn highschool as we know it, alot of kids want to play football/band/baseball/school play/ student government whatever. I'm very glad this is working out for Tyler and Bubba. If five or six of these type of schools pop up, I just don't thing they would fill. Then again I couldn't believe this deal would work when Tyler and Bubba's dad first told me about it. Just another option for kids to stay in school and stay healthy. I doubt they have any obesity problems there.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

They will not be seeded above SSP. They have lost I think 7-2 to Prov. Academy and 8-2 to SPA, neither a powerhouse... and have not one decent win, in terms of quality.

Post by 2112 »

old goalie85 wrote:When will Mn Made try to catch up to Northern Edge/Reebok Nats/Acheiver. Bubba played for Bernie [99 fire] but found greener grass with yuro/woodcroft program. Will the "made" open a school next year ??? I see no threat to Mn highschool as we know it, alot of kids want to play football/band/baseball/school play/ student government whatever. I'm very glad this is working out for Tyler and Bubba. If five or six of these type of schools pop up, I just don't thing they would fill. Then again I couldn't believe this deal would work when Tyler and Bubba's dad first told me about it. Just another option for kids to stay in school and stay healthy. I doubt they have any obesity problems there.

It might have been more of a big fish in little pond for the move but nice try OG. Congrats to Bubba and his bro, sounds like they are having a good season.
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

thier school is weak and the team is weaker. thier two best players would be sitting if they were on a top ten a or aa team. GOOD IDEA BUT A LONG WAY TO GO.
oldman70

Post by oldman70 »

not that impressive when you think about the teams they have played, dont know about the older brother, but Bubba couldnt play on any D6 aa team.

not that impressive when you think about the competition, only goodeam t
imlisteningtothefnsong

Thompson Boys

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

[quote="oldman70"]not that impressive when you think about the teams they have played, dont know about the older brother, but Bubba couldnt play on any D6 aa team.

Well he had a hat trick against Richfield, they might want him. 6'3" 190 and 13 years old. Even if no one in D6 wants him, I'll keep him!! 8) 8)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

oldman70 wrote:not that impressive when you think about the teams they have played, dont know about the older brother, but Bubba couldnt play on any D6 aa team.

not that impressive when you think about the competition, only goodeam t
Did the old man just fall asleep while writing his last sentence?
imlisteningtothefnsong

Thompson Boys

Did the old man just fall asleep while writing his last sentence?

"Whiskey and hacking on young kids is a dangerous combination!! :lol:
MrBoDangles

Re: Thompson Boys

Post by MrBoDangles »

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Did the old man just fall asleep while writing his last sentence?

"Whiskey and hacking on young kids is a dangerous combination!! :lol:
:wink:
oldman70

Post by oldman70 »

Your right, I said things I should not have not said about Bubba, I can't even blame it on
the cough medicine.
imlisteningtothefnsong

Thompson Boys

No worries old man, if I got upset every time someone tells me I'm nuts for doing what I am with my boys, I would join you for some cough syrup. Shaken not stirred!! 8)
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I got beer at my house. [and cough syrup]
imlisteningtothefnsong

The Thompson Boys

Well OG, better chill the cough syrup, sounds like we will be just down the road from F-Lake next year. High School will be at Vadnais Heights. I will come up and join you for a cold one!!
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice !! Vad has a bar connected. \:D/