Ice Bucks AAA Tryouts in Owatonna

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mr Hockey

Ice Bucks AAA Tryouts in Owatonna

Post by Mr Hockey »

Join the many from Western Wisconsin, Northern Iowa, Northwest Illinois, and Southern Minnesota for the Ice Bucks AAA Tryouts Sunday in Owatonna.

The Ice Bucks will have a new and incredible jersey in 2013 similar to the Omaha Lancers with the Big Buck still on the front of the jersey.

There will be levels at 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004/05.

For more information and to register please go to www.northlandhockeygroup.com. Thanks a lot. NHG
little9BigRed

Post by little9BigRed »

I think the new jersey should have $ symbol on the front that says SHOW ME THE MONEY, that would really be cool. And on the back of the jersey just below the numbers it could say IT TAKES BUCKS TO PLAY. Nieve parents beware of this guy, he makes a living off of you, very sad.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

little9BigRed wrote:I think the new jersey should have $ symbol on the front that says SHOW ME THE MONEY, that would really be cool. And on the back of the jersey just below the numbers it could say IT TAKES BUCKS TO PLAY. Nieve parents beware of this guy, he makes a living off of you, very sad.
I don't think that is a very fair statement. I know of how the Northland Hockey group operates though I've never been a part of it nor has my kid played for any of their teams. They never once make any promises about developing super-duper hockey players or claim their program sends kids on to the next level. The message is simple, it's a program for A and B1 level players to have a chance to play in the summer and have some fun while getting on the ice.

This group has also brought summer hockey to areas that never had it before, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Bismark, etc. Players in these markets are thankful they have a LOCAL summer team where they can play with their friends as opposed to traveling to the Cities every weekend to play for a team. It really has gotten a lot of kids playing in the summer who would have never entertained the thought before.

The fact that somebody may make a few dollars off of this does not bother me at all. They should be compensated for all the time and energy they put into putting this all together. By no means do I think they are making enough to retire off of this though.
bestpopcorn

Post by bestpopcorn »

My kid played on a Northland team for a couple years. I have no complaints and I don't remember hearing any from the other parents. It was fun.
hermhockey2

Post by hermhockey2 »

little9BigRed wrote:I think the new jersey should have $ symbol on the front that says SHOW ME THE MONEY, that would really be cool. And on the back of the jersey just below the numbers it could say IT TAKES BUCKS TO PLAY. Nieve parents beware of this guy, he makes a living off of you, very sad.
I coach 2 AAA teams. One is non-profit high end AAA program, the other is a NHG team. The fees are virtually the same for the summer. I have direct oversight of the costs for the non-profit team. NHG tournaments are well run, very fun, very well organized. Beyond that and most importantly, this has opened up summer hockey for my son and many others who would not have had a chance to play for one of the original AAA super teams.

Also, I would also argue the NHG group format advantage is that most players come from smaller regional areas and the other are from all over the state. The latter makes practice time much harder to schedule effectively. Your mileage may vary but I'm happy with NHG hockey.