Best AAA Uniforms

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

Best AAA Uniforms

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I'm putting together a post featuring the best AAA uniforms this year.

Criteria:

1. Minnesota based team
2. I must have a picture for the article. Please submit a picture of your uni to editor@youththockeyhub.com.

I really liked the Icemen uni I saw. Walser is an obvious fan favorite. Legacy is a good uniform, but need a picture.

All entries are due by Monday, May 20.

TS
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

Kind of a slow spell there at the Daily Planet?
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

Renegades from Colorado are awesome!!!
JSR

Re: Best AAA Uniforms

Post by JSR »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:I'm putting together a post featuring the best AAA uniforms this year.

Criteria:

1. Minnesota based team
2. I must have a picture for the article. Please submit a picture of your uni to editor@youththockeyhub.com.

I really liked the Icemen uni I saw. Walser is an obvious fan favorite. Legacy is a good uniform, but need a picture.

All entries are due by Monday, May 20.

TS
All fo the Northland Hockey Group uniforms. They aren't top tier teams but their uniforms are fraking sweet. Check out their website and the team pages highlight some of the uniforms. My favs are the Vulcans and Ice Bucks but they are all pretty cool
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

GatorLand wrote:Renegades from Colorado are awesome!!!
Saw those this past weekend. I agree they were pretty sweet. So many summer unis go with the Euro look. The Renegades had that straight old school Canadian look with lots of horizontal stripes and the big 'R' (looked like the Rice University scrolled R) on the front of the sweater. Nice.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

http://www.northlandhockeygroup.com/

Thanks for the tip.

I don't know much about this organization. I was not as big a fan of their uniforms as you (I don't like loud features as much as classic one...personal choice/taste). But I will say this, their site is well designed, it's clean and clear and it seems like they offer a great value to families all over Minnesota. I was really impressed.

I am a big fan of the this year's Icemen uni...cool color choice, the front patch is sweet. That may be the winner. I have received some cool outstate entries as well.
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

The NHG jerseys are really hit or miss for me, but it is all really personal preference. The thing with NHG is the teams only really get 1 game jersey and one practice jersey, so I think they (NHG) tried to make their own jerseys as different as possible from each other in design, color, number style, etc.
JSR

Post by JSR »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:http://www.northlandhockeygroup.com/

Thanks for the tip.

I don't know much about this organization. I was not as big a fan of their uniforms as you (I don't like loud features as much as classic one...personal choice/taste). But I will say this, their site is well designed, it's clean and clear and it seems like they offer a great value to families all over Minnesota. I was really impressed.

I am a big fan of the this year's Icemen uni...cool color choice, the front patch is sweet. That may be the winner. I have received some cool outstate entries as well.
Yea the organization seems to be sort of unique. Seem to try and cater to the out state areas of the state that lack Spring AAA team opportunity. So alot of the teams end up looking alot like association hockey does in those areas with large talent descrepancies where a team can literally have a kid or two on the top end that could comepte with the best kids in MN but then the rest of the team is a real mixed bag so to speak But they seem to be well run and the concept is actually a cool concept on paper anyway
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

We got an amazing 46 entries to our contest. Here are the top 5 we liked.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/top-five- ... 3-edition/

Enjoy,

TS
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Walser? Ummm really?

Maybe a disclosure is in order.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

The award is one part tongue and cheek (they are a site sponsor) and one part truth. Their uniforms are very cool (at least in my opinion). I've had no one tell me different.

The designer of the Icemen sent me a pic of the uniform two or three years ago with some cool socks I will post later today. Lights out cool.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I also got a picture submitted to me from a team called the Lumberjacks that had a black and red plaid shirt look...pretty cool. That's now posted in the post as well.

Enjoy,

TS
observer

Post by observer »

Come on. Walser jerseys are not top 10. I know you were limited by who submitted but they're awful. You probably should have eliminated them as a sponsor of the site anyways. Second worst to the worst of all time, the Elite League.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I love the Euro look that they have gone with the past two years. It is very unique. We've seen a lot of games and a lot of teams.

Couldn't agree more with you on the Elite League uniforms :roll:
JSR

Post by JSR »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:We got an amazing 46 entries to our contest. Here are the top 5 we liked.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/top-five- ... 3-edition/

Enjoy,

TS
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... You like what you liek and I respect that but in my eyes most of your top choices are very very bland. Perhaps some "traditional" elements but bland, like the Icemen jersey, its a fine jersey but hardly what I would define as "cool"... the Walser jersey looks like a NASCAR uniform not a hockey jersey.... like I sadi though, to each their own I guess.....
B-Ville Hockey Guy

Post by B-Ville Hockey Guy »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:The award is one part tongue and cheek (they are a site sponsor) and one part truth. Their uniforms are very cool (at least in my opinion). I've had no one tell me different.

The designer of the Icemen sent me a pic of the uniform two or three years ago with some cool socks I will post later today. Lights out cool.
Socks are in! Wait til they see us in the PEG. We the 02's had a bit of a snafu with the original socks so we went with black until we could get the new ones made. I can't wait to be #1 in something!!! Change the rankings now! :D also hope to make a good showing on the ice up in Canada.