YHH AAA Rankings: May 20, 2013

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

YHH AAA Rankings: May 20, 2013

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Presented by the Walser Trade In Rebate:

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/aaa-top-5 ... by-walser/

We have a new #1 in our State's best AAA teams category. The 2000 Machine had a tie and a loss this past weekend. The new #1 won in Toronto a couple weeks ago.

A few moves in the birth year rankings as well.

Enjoy,

TS
redhawk21

Post by redhawk21 »

Tough to move the 2000 Machine out of the top spot when they have won every single tournament they have entered in for multiple years.

Also, your website is a Minnesota Hockey website. I would think that the top Minnesota team should be made up of Minnesota players. Wondering how many Minnesota players are on the 2002 Blades team that won Toronto tournament? Minnesota Goalies?
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

FYI: 00 Machine lost to DHI yesterday in Canada (beat Regional Express...aka Toronto Bulldogs, 2-1). They also had a tie on Friday night.
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

[quote="redhawk21"]Tough to move the 2000 Machine out of the top spot when they have won every single tournament they have entered in for multiple years.

Lost to Bauer last year in Chicago (and may have even lost a pool game).
mnhockey2019

Post by mnhockey2019 »

redhawk21 wrote:Tough to move the 2000 Machine out of the top spot when they have won every single tournament they have entered in for multiple years.

Also, your website is a Minnesota Hockey website. I would think that the top Minnesota team should be made up of Minnesota players. Wondering how many Minnesota players are on the 2002 Blades team that won Toronto tournament? Minnesota Goalies?
Number of Minnesotans on the 02 Blades -- at least least one? You must know, so how many? I am curious. If there are non-Minnesotans on this year's roster, where are they from?

Also, the 00 Machine is the best AAA team based in the state - even though they haven't won EVERY tournament they have entered.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

The Blades have 2 losses and a tie this year plus a so-so record from last year. The 2000 Machine barely have a blemish or two and they get bumped?? Hmm, me thinks this ranking was done just to create some debate. :D
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Comparing teams from different age groups is pointless and silly.
snowpuck

Post by snowpuck »

Machine 2000 best at the age level.. Went to Toronto website they beat the team earlier Saturday that they lost to in Championship game.. Tied 0-0. That team has to travel to have any type of competition. Beat little ceasars 6-0... They are fun to watch I've seen them play.. No One said they should/can win every single game.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

Well then, when do we get to see the 00 Machine play the 02 Blades, Tony????!

:lol:
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

I don't mind the idea of the rankings, it does make for some good debate.
Lets take it a step further to help with the top States rankings. If you look outside of Minnesota, where would these two teams rank amongst their competitors? I think you will be hard pressed to find a team that is consistently as good as the 2000 Machine in their age group. They would have to be considered front runners for the #1 seed. Can we say the same for the 2002 Blades? I don't think so, but they are a very solid team and have a gold and silver thus far from two competitive tournaments in Toronto and Chicago.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....you guys aren't as dumb as you look.

Moving the 02 Blades to #1 was merely a tip of the hat to them. They have done well in their two tournaments.

The 00 Machine, when tested in similar territory has done about the same. 02's are more recently good, 00 more recently not as good.

That being said, I agree the 00 group is possibly the #1 team for their age. The same can't be said for the 02 Blades, albeit they are definitely top 5.

Winnipeg will tell a lot more about both teams. There is no hiding there in the Big Boys Division.

As for ranking different age groups in the same ranking system. At first I didn't even like the idea. I actually think it is kinda fun each time i do it. If you think it is silly...fair enough.

TS
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

surprised you have the '01 LSS at three now after they took a couple of thumpings from Machine Black @ Independent...or was the Black, oraange infused.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I personally watched 3 kids from the Orange score a lot of the '01 Black's goals. If you look on the site, i have photos from the game. I know one of the three so well, that I cheered when he scored a bar down beauty.

Ranking the Machine Black is really tough...let's just leave it at that.

I do my best to walk the tightrope of objectivity and stay neutral in the Machine/Blades debate.
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:I personally watched 3 kids from the Orange score a lot of the '01 Black's goals. If you look on the site, i have photos from the game. I know one of the three so well, that I cheered when he scored a bar down beauty.

Ranking the Machine Black is really tough...let's just leave it at that.

I do my best to walk the tightrope of objectivity and stay neutral in the Machine/Blades debate.
I m a little surprised there isn't more complianing from Machine Black parents. I d be pretty upset if my kid was on the black team and one line of orange kids play every tourny making it a four line bench, taking away my kids playing time. And I ll tell you this, the orange kids dont play every fourth shift.

It was the same way at the 02 level. Orange kids scored 70-80% of the goals and were on the ice alot.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I wasn't counting shifts. I know a lot of MB parents/coaches.

Honestly, they talk to me less about PT and more about why their team should be higher in rankings.

The three 01 Orange kids that played...are really good players, 2 played significant PWAA minutes on two good teams and 1 played Stover.

Without them I think they'd still be right there with the LSS - neck and neck ability-wise.
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

Why is it a big deal if the Machine Black brings in Machine Orange players at least the Black teams play in invite tournaments. Don't other invite teams bring in players playing on other teams. Blades and Miracle Gold playing with Legacy

What kills me is the Miracle Gold that bring 5 invite players down to their black team and play in Open tournaments. l
57special

Post by 57special »

It has bothered Machine Black parents and kids in the past. If it bothers them enough they leave the program. As one parent said,

"It's all about the Orange."
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

57special wrote:It has bothered Machine Black parents and kids in the past. If it bothers them enough they leave the program. As one parent said,

"It's all about the Orange."
I dont really care, i m not invovled with the program so they can do what they want. But the Black teams are decent without them and its not like there benches were short and needed players. Must need more trophys.
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

savagegopher wrote: What kills me is the Miracle Gold that bring 5 invite players down to their black team and play in Open tournaments. l
This is to broad of a statement to reflect the norm... Does it happen, yes especially at the youngest levels. Last summer the 03 Black team added 6 gold players and one player from outside for a tournament, why? Because there were several 04 and 05 players on the roster that played that same weekend with their birthyear. Outside player was added after option was offered to entire gold roster.

Last weekend MG3 Black team skated invite level at Independent with 3 gold players... MG3 Black team has 12 skaters on Black team.

MG2 Black team is a full roster and does not have gold kids skate with them.

I don't know for sure about 01 and 00 teams but I do believe they both carry in excess of 10 skaters on black team.

MG99 Black has 13 skaters on roster...

Both of my son's have played in open tournaments over the years wearing several different jersey's..... Seems to be more the norm to have teams add invite level players to the roster at open level tournaments for a varity of reasons....