International cup

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

This is nuts!

International cup

Post by This is nuts! »

International Cup predictions. Tony is failing us...
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Tony is probably busy with his ybh site in summer time.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Thay are coming boys...ybh...haha
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Here's what we say about this weekend's affair. The field is a bit watered down in some pools. Great balance and field at the 02 level.

Freddie will be covering a game or two today and I'll be at Breck to cover the Blades Invite sometime tomorrow.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/internati ... edictions/

Enjoy,

TS
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

No one likes a bragger, but I got 4 1's right and my two 1's I got wrong finished second.

New Rankings coming out later today....including everyone's favorite the Statewide/Age rankings (lol).
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Here are this week's rankings...

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/aaa-top-5 ... by-walser/

Enjoy,

TS
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

YHH,
Kudos on your picks. I am sure many on this board are quick to tell you when you are wrong, so you are entitled to enjoy your success. Thanks for your hard work and website.
JSR

Post by JSR »

Nothing on the Battle By The Bay tourney YHB.... it's like Duluth doesn't even exist does it :wink: :lol:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

JSR wrote:Nothing on the Battle By The Bay tourney YHB.... it's like Duluth doesn't even exist does it :wink: :lol:
Typical Metro-area media bias. :P :wink:
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Outside the metro? Ha! We're lucky if we see anything outside of just district 6. #Fairly Biased 13
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

You guys oughta write stand up :lol:

Our AAA coverage is limited to a very small manageable sample of 5-10 elite teams....compared to Association hockey where we follow 20-30 teams. Last weekend, the Int'l Cup had a few top end clubs in it. The BBB had none.

We will be doing P/P for the NAC in Winnipeg. We've covered our top teams in Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa this Spring.

My top 5 uniform article comes out later today.
JSR

Post by JSR »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:You guys oughta write stand up :lol:

Our AAA coverage is limited to a very small manageable sample of 5-10 elite teams....compared to Association hockey where we follow 20-30 teams. Last weekend, the Int'l Cup had a few top end clubs in it. The BBB had none.

We will be doing P/P for the NAC in Winnipeg. We've covered our top teams in Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa this Spring.

My top 5 uniform article comes out later today.
You should try and check out the 2004 Northern Wings. Very good team worthy of consideration in that age group, they won the BBTB and in that 2004 age group there were some very good teams.... (and no my kid isn't on the Northern Wings, just watched them this past weekend is all)
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

The second half of the AAA season is when I really start to learn about the first year kids. Right now it seems that MG is the class of that age group.

A lot changes in a Brick year....plus development of players over a year or two can be a big factor.

Look at the 00 Euro team. They have had some really nice development over the last two or three years. Another plus for them is the loyalty... once they are Euro, they stay. Which is probably another can of worms that I'm hoping not to open.

Thanks JSR for the head's up on them.
Swish

Post by Swish »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:The second half of the AAA season is when I really start to learn about the first year kids. Right now it seems that MG is the class of that age group.

A lot changes in a Brick year....plus development of players over a year or two can be a big factor.

Look at the 00 Euro team. They have had some really nice development over the last two or three years. Another plus for them is the loyalty... once they are Euro, they stay. Which is probably another can of worms that I'm hoping not to open.

Thanks JSR for the head's up on them.
2003 Northern Wings like to think they are something too. The problem I have with the Northern Wings is they play in open or weak tourneys. Lets see how they do next weekend at the Caribou Cup in the Elite Pool.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Problem is that there are only 5 teams in the Caribou Cup at the 2003 Elite level. NW should lose to Machine and Blades and beat Legacy and Fond du lac. You still won't know much about the team.

Side topic: does it seem like caribou fields across the board are a bit sparse this year?
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

I believe the Blades are actually the 04' Blades team and they play the Machine first. The Legacy may bring in a couple skaters and a goalie as I think they are playing with them in Duluth. Just a couple things I have heard so don't bash me if it isn't completely true. Not many elite teams at the 03' level compared to other age groups.
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

Bullseye wrote:Not many elite teams at the 03' level compared to other age groups.
Understatement. Seems like the majority of the 03 "elite" tourneys consist of the same group of kids swapping jerseys week-to-week.

Case in point:
04 Blades playing up at 03 Elite
04 Machine playing up at 03 AAA
03 Miracle Gold playing Caribou and Summer Finale on the same weekend(?)
03 Legacy fielding 2 teams(?)
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

we're all crazy wrote:
Bullseye wrote:Not many elite teams at the 03' level compared to other age groups.
Understatement. Seems like the majority of the 03 "elite" tourneys consist of the same group of kids swapping jerseys week-to-week.

Case in point:
Team at 03 Elite level is MG4's. Team at AAA level is 03 Black team

03 level is not as deep at the invite level as other age groups.

Case in point:
Easton Cup Invite - MG and Machine only had one competitive game which was against each other
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

Double post
Swish

Totally Agree.

Post by Swish »

helightsthelamp wrote:
we're all crazy wrote:

Case in point:
Team at 03 Elite level is MG4's. Team at AAA level is 03 Black team

03 level is not as deep at the invite level as other age groups.

Case in point:
Easton Cup Invite - MG and Machine only had one competitive game which was against each other
Teams from Winnipeg are weak also in the 03 level. Some of the better Winnipeg kids playing in Minnesota.