Velocity 3v3 Squirt: Sunday Results

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

Velocity 3v3 Squirt: Sunday Results

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 pm

A great final today over at Velocity. A new headliner in White Bear Lake

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/velocity- ... -the-show/

Enjoy,

TS

savagegopher

Post by savagegopher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am

Is the whitebear goalie really a whitebear kid, I thought they lived in bloomington

savagegopher

Post by savagegopher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 am

Is the whitebear goalie really a whitebear kid, I thought they lived in bloomington

helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:40 am

savagegopher wrote:Is the whitebear goalie really a whitebear kid, I thought they lived in bloomington
I don't think it is Bloomington, but he like others on the WBL team go to school at Vadnis Heights arena, as such in the WBL boundaries... Is this a new trend youth hockey will see in the very near future? Kids that attend a school in boundaries end up playing association hockey together for the association in which they attend school?

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

helightsthelamp wrote:
savagegopher wrote:Is the whitebear goalie really a whitebear kid, I thought they lived in bloomington
I don't think it is Bloomington, but he like others on the WBL team go to school at Vadnis Heights arena, as such in the WBL boundaries... Is this a new trend youth hockey will see in the very near future? Kids that attend a school in boundaries end up playing association hockey together for the association in which they attend school?
I think he is (was) a South St. Paul kid, thought he was on their Squirt A team last year?

observer

Post by observer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 pm

This is a summer tourney. Anyone can play for anyone.

helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:40 am

observer wrote:This is a summer tourney. Anyone can play for anyone.
While true, from velocity website: "All of these tournaments are Association based so we DO NOT accept AAA Teams".

Teams are typically association based. Nothing stopping a team from loading up, but you might not be allowed back the following year.

Goalie that played for WBL is playing there this winter.... No controversy.

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

I will say this about Velocity tournaments. They are generally all association teams. This year they sent me the rosters ahead of time for each and they all were all pretty kosher (a few exceptions were a late add goalie in the Peewees, and a 2 non-factor kids sprinkled in to fill out rosters in three weeks).

One exception happened in the Bantam tournament. A team dropped out very late (I want to say it was Stillwater). Velocity/Noel formed a "Waconia" team of almost all kids that most know attend Holy Family or will play for Holy Family in the future. Not exactly an association team, but a group that will likely play together in the Winter. From a team and fan's perspective, they gave everyone a good game.

Especially the championship game when they lost to Elk River in a close one.