New League for Sunday Nights

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SWPrez

New League for Sunday Nights

Post by SWPrez »

After playing hockey for almost twenty years, I was looking for something different after college hockey that still allowed me to be a rink rat as my fondest memories were playing hockey all day at the local park...the answer was "russian hockey"...or bandy.

The game gave me some International experiences I never could have achieved through hockey. World Championships in Moscow, Arkhangelsk, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki. Lifetime international friendships. Both hockey and Russian hockey were very good to me. Many people gave their time and efforts on my hockey journey and I am thankful for that.

As I have aged...I have used those international friendships to provide youth hockey players lifetime experiences through the game of bandy. I have taken four groups to Sweden to play hockey and bandy over MEA weekend over the last six years (going to return in 2014). Mainly Minneapolis Storm kids and kids from as far away as Duluth. Last MEA weekend, our kids played several bandy games, skated with Niklas Lidstrom and the youth hockey team he coaches, and even did a homestay. the sport made a difference in my life and its time to continue to pay forward work others did for me to have my experiences.

I am pulling together a 10U and 13U bandy league on Sunday nights at the John Rose Oval in Roseville. No drills....just games. This is low key and low budget...the way hockey used to be! Leagues will be co-ed and all skill levels are welcome. Let's Play Hockey has a link below with more information...if your kid needs skating, stickhandling, and rink rat work...join the league. I guarantee they will have a blast. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or are interested.

http://letsplayhockey.com/online-editio ... eague.html

http://www.usabandy.com