Bantam AA/A Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Stillwater is the best BAA team I've seen so far .
57special

Post by 57special »

Yup. Did they lose any players to HS's?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Champlin 2 FL 1
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

old goalie85 wrote:Stillwater is the best BAA team I've seen so far .
Couldn't agree more, very underated. Elks should enjoy the #1 spot now because the Ponies are the better team and will show it :D
@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

I think there are 4 teams that are just a cut above the rest:
Elk River
Stillwater
Eden Prairie
Prior Lake

That is the way they are ranked now, but I can see them getting jumbled up every 2-3 weeks, depending on health, etc. I've seen all 4 play, and each has strengths and weaknesses

But hey, helightsthelamp started an ER #1 thread, so it's all good.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Wayzata AA - 1
Prior Lake AA - 0
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:Stillwater is the best BAA team I've seen so far .
Couldn't agree more, very underated. Elks should enjoy the #1 spot now because the Ponies are the better team and will show it :D
"Very underated" at #2??? You are just full of @#$% Puck.......Have not seen Stillwater and I suspect they are a very good team and very well may be the better team, I guess I don't consider myself a better ranker then those who are putting rankings out for public view. I guess you are and need to start your own website since you are better then those out there including the computer models! :lol:
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

@hockeytweet wrote:I think there are 4 teams that are just a cut above the rest:
Elk River
Stillwater
Eden Prairie
Prior Lake

That is the way they are ranked now, but I can see them getting jumbled up every 2-3 weeks, depending on health, etc. I've seen all 4 play, and each has strengths and weaknesses

But hey, helightsthelamp started an ER #1 thread, so it's all good.
I agree with you Tweet. I think I would also put Wayzata and Possibly OMG in that group as well. All of these teams are very solid but the Elks deserve the #1 rank because they currently don't have a blemish on their record. I also agree injuries and sickness is always a contributing factor. It should be fun to see how many of these top teams do this weekend. I have to say I'm very impressed that teams like OMG and PL are still doing great after losing a few of their top players to High School team. I don't believe EP, ER, Wayzata and Stillwater lost anyone. I'm not for certain though.
helightsthelamp

I agree but would also add a few northern teams that will likely come around and be in the mix come March... With the way regions are set up two teams from up north will be making the trek to Rogers. Hermantown, GR and bemidji are the front runners IMO but can never count out Moothead and Roseau.... Which ever two teams make it will challenge all of the city teams and will come ready to play! Going to be a fun season!!! Great weekend of hockey ahead!!!
betterupnorth

Post by betterupnorth »

helightsthelamp wrote:I agree but would also add a few northern teams that will likely come around and be in the mix come March... With the way regions are set up two teams from up north will be making the trek to Rogers. Hermantown, GR and bemidji are the front runners IMO but can never count out Moothead and Roseau.... Which ever two teams make it will challenge all of the city teams and will come ready to play! Going to be a fun season!!! Great weekend of hockey ahead!!!
Hermantown will have to come out of the East Region.
helightsthelamp

betterupnorth wrote:
helightsthelamp wrote:I agree but would also add a few northern teams that will likely come around and be in the mix come March... With the way regions are set up two teams from up north will be making the trek to Rogers. Hermantown, GR and bemidji are the front runners IMO but can never count out Moothead and Roseau.... Which ever two teams make it will challenge all of the city teams and will come ready to play! Going to be a fun season!!! Great weekend of hockey ahead!!!
Hermantown will have to come out of the East Region.
AA has it's own region this year for North teams from D 11,12,15 & 16. Two seeds to state.
Hockeykid22

Post by Hockeykid22 »

Any EP Tourny Results?
woodstickguy

Post by woodstickguy »

Prior Lake 3
MPG 2

EP 2
STMA 2
Hockeykid22

Post by Hockeykid22 »

Tonka 4
Stillwater 5
betterupnorth

Post by betterupnorth »

Hermantown A wins Superior Colder By the Lake tourney
Pool Play:
Stevens Point 6 Hermantown 1
Hermantown 6 Somerset 1
Semifinal:
Hermantown 2 Superior 1
Championship:
Hermantown 3 Stevens Point 2
betterupnorth

Post by betterupnorth »

Superior A 3 Hermantown A 2
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

betterupnorth wrote:Superior A 3 Hermantown A 2
Hey Betterupnorth - I was wondering what you know about the Thunder Bay Kings AAA Bantam team? I noticed that they played East in mid October twice in two days. They lost to East 3-0 and then beat them 9-3 the next day. That seems a little strange. I also think its strange that the games were played that early. I don't even think that most MN teams were even picked by October 16th.
betterupnorth

Post by betterupnorth »

Snoopdog007 wrote:
betterupnorth wrote:Superior A 3 Hermantown A 2
Hey Betterupnorth - I was wondering what you know about the Thunder Bay Kings AAA Bantam team? I noticed that they played East in mid October twice in two days. They lost to East 3-0 and then beat them 9-3 the next day. That seems a little strange. I also think its strange that the games were played that early. I don't even think that most MN teams were even picked by October 16th.
I know nothing about the Thunder Bay team. Do you know if it was East's A or AA team?
redlightclub

Post by redlightclub »

It was East's AA team. Each goalie got one game start to finish.
Coachklutz300

Minneapolis vs highland

Post by Coachklutz300 »

4 Mpls bantam A, 1 Highland/Central
Coachklutz300

Minneapolis vs highland

Post by Coachklutz300 »

4 Mpls bantam A, 1 Highland/Central
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

FL plays Orono outside tonight !!! Need "anti-freeze" for that one .
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

Orono beat FL 3-0 at Coon Rapids outdoor rink. Great night for outdoor hockey in MN.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice job by Orono tenders. Yea, the kids had fun. Great idea by the Orono manager !! Thanks......
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

Currently 8 out of 9 District 3 Bantam A teams are ranked by Let's Play Hockey magazine in the Bantam A top 20 rankings in the state.