Shattuck St Mary's summer hockey camp reviews

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Scout19

Shattuck St Mary's summer hockey camp reviews

Post by Scout19 »

Have any of you sent your kids to the Shattuck St Mary's summer hockey camp? I am looking for a highly competitive, intense camp for my son with qualified, motivated instructors.

What is the competition level? How are the coaches?

What is the best camp that you sent your son to?
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

I know it's early but I've been thinking about this as well for my PeeWee age son. Back when I was young I went to several camps but the UND Hockey Camp was the best one I attended. Kind of wondering if that is still a good camp to ship him off to. Any other good ones out there to be looking into?
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

I recommend the Lucia camp in Grand Rapids if it still exists. I sent son there six/seven years ago..he was a first or second year peewee. Perfect camp, lots of skating but lots of Minnesota fun in the summer activities too. They slept at the GR rink up stairs in cots and to this day even with a high school state tournament appearance, fargo trips etc it's one of his most favorite hockey experiences. GB
Marty McSorely

Post by Marty McSorely »

I've sent three son's to UND best camp around other than the drive. The facility is second to none. Awesome staff, Hakstol himself is there everyday interacting with campers.