"B" Squirt "Tournament of Champions" is

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

iseepalms

"B" Squirt "Tournament of Champions" is

Post by iseepalms »

I see they had more problems with the Tournament Of Champions, District 10 isn't sending there 1st and 2nd place teams but there 3rd and 4th place teams(Princeton and Chisago Lakes). The two Andover teams must have declined because they were in the playoff final game. Maybe the tournament director should have rethought the tournament and included the champions from district 2 and 8.
Froggy Richards

Re: "B" Squirt "Tournament of Champions"

Post by Froggy Richards »

iseepalms wrote:I see they had more problems with the Tournament Of Champions, District 10 isn't sending there 1st and 2nd place teams but there 3rd and 4th place teams(Princeton and Chisago Lakes). The two Andover teams must have declined because they were in the playoff final game. Maybe the tournament director should have rethought the tournament and included the champions from district 2 and 8.
District 2 and 8 just didn't have what it took this year. There's always next year. Keep working, that's all you can do. Go Git Em Tiger!
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

I see in District 2 Hudson is 22 - 1 - 1 and in District 8 that the team from Como Johnson couldn't cut it but they are 34 and 0. They have to be better than the 3rd and 4th place teams in District 10.
Hope you take care of that frog wherever it is.
Last edited by iseepalms on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

Hey Elliott,
What about the two "B" teams from Eveleth and Virginia they both are very good and should have been in the tournament of champions.
Froggy Richards

iseepalms wrote:I see in District 2 Hudson is 22 - 1 - 1 and in District 8 that the team from Como Johnson couldn't cut it but they are 34 and 0. They have to be better than the 3rd and 4th place teams in District 10.
Hope you take care of that frog wherever it is.
I was joking. I know nothing about either district. It does seem odd that only two districts would be excluded. It was written earlier that Como Johnson doesn't have an A team. Does Hudson have an A team? If not, I wonder if that is a coincidence or if someone wanted to make it a "true" B team tourney?
VicKevlar

Post by VicKevlar »

This was covered in your thread a month ago.....this year was the "trial" run for the TOC. Next year it is expected that all districts will participate if all goes well, etc;

This was all covered I believe in last summer and fall MH meetings. I remember reading the committee notes about it last fall. This year was all about testing how it would go down.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

iseepalms wrote:Hey Elliott,
What about the two "B" teams from Eveleth and Virginia they both are very good and should have been in the tournament of champions.
I thought that Eveleth and Virginia was just one town.

:D
Froggy Richards

VicKevlar wrote:This was covered in your thread a month ago.....this year was the "trial" run for the TOC. Next year it is expected that all districts will participate if all goes well, etc;

This was all covered I believe in last summer and fall MH meetings. I remember reading the committee notes about it last fall. This year was all about testing how it would go down.
It's a Hockey Tournament. What exactly needs to be tested?
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

Hey where is Sartell? They won the playoffs. This is just an everyday tournament not one of Champions.
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

Thanks Vic Kevlar, It didn't work because again it was all handled wrong from the beginning. The concept is a breath of fresh air but again someone dropped the ball and didn't invite Champions. You could have changed this at any time to make it right. Sometimes I think Minnesota Hockey does these things so it won't suceed and they can say they tried it. I hope the brackets on the "A" squirts get the champions.
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

If Hudson is allowed to play in district 2 they must be a "B" team that district is strict.
Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

Does any organization have less players than us.

16 total Bantams ( "B" team)
29 Pee Wee's ("B" team and "C" team
35 Squirts (1 "B" team 12 total players, 2 "C" teams one with 11 and 12.

70 Total Boys.

We have girls but they all choose to play girls hockey.