State Tourny Scores/Storys

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

old goalie85

State Tourny Scores/Storys

Post by old goalie85 »

BAA game between WBL/Stillwater is one I would like to hear about. It is tough to beat a team four or five times. Stillwater has their work cut out for them.
ogelthorpe

Post by ogelthorpe »

Bantam AA

Stillwater - 5
WBL -2

Final
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Thank you.
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

Bantam A
Wayzata 4
East Grand Forks 3 OT
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Bantam A
Tartan 6
Farmington 4

Bantam AA
Elk River 4
Hermantown 0
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Elk River vs Stillwater should be a great game. Tartan has one of the best Bantam lines I've seen this year[14/15/19] !
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Bantam A
Delano 2
Alexandria 1
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Upset? Not sure if it is an upset when Edina wins, but they beat EP @ BAA 4-3. Great game!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Wasn't EP the favorite in this tourney? Caught the second half of the ER/H-town game and ER had a full student section that would rival most high schools fan support. Must have let everyone out of the HS for this one. H-town goalie stood on his head but Jax Murray was to much with a hat trick. Stillwater V ER should be a great game.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I would have thought Stillwater/EP/ER. That Edina team has gotten better and better all year.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

ogelthorpe wrote:Bantam AA

Stillwater - 5
WBL -2

Final
Stillwater the team to beat will dominate ER tomorrow and zip the lips of the ER fan section :wink:
snowpuck

Post by snowpuck »

ER parents are wicked. I was waiting on the GR/Woodbury game caught EP and Edina game. EP was not the same team today. Edina deserved to win, outplayed them in every facet of the entire game. As the saying goes regular season doesn't mean a thing. Hoping GR pulls out all the upsets this weekend and gets the chip. ER/Stillwater should be good. Stillwater tops them. Elks will get out coached and fans quieted.... my prediction up 5-2. FYI with 4 left.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I haven't seen these "wicked" ER parents in person they seem to be getting a rep. I may have to run over to Rogers.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Wicked might be a little strong of a word for the ER parents but their is a word out there for them. Involved, meddling, concerned, helping the coaches when needed, blindly faithful to their offspring, you pick one. Not unlike most parents involved in hockey. Student support and enthusiasm is great for the game, for both teams to play in that environment was special. You can thank the ER parents for setting up buses for the fans on Friday.
Wapiti

Post by Wapiti »

While past posts indicate a personal bias towards a specific association and it's so called "wicked parents," I'd appreciate a modicum of objectivity when discussing a group as a whole. Polarizing comments are usually entertaining but lazy, achieving their intended result attracting like minded affirmation. This proverbial blowing sunshine up ones skirt is something that is not in short supply in hockey arenas and Internet forums. Save your moral indignation for your bobble headed friends and their personally unrealized successes. It is the game and it's players separated by the glass that have ownership of the experience, regardless of the depth of anyone's involvement or size of their ego. Let's try and remember, it's their game lets let them play it.
ogelthorpe

Post by ogelthorpe »

Bantam AA

Stillwater 3
Elk River 1
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

Wapiti wrote:While past posts indicate a personal bias towards a specific association and it's so called "wicked parents," I'd appreciate a modicum of objectivity when discussing a group as a whole. Polarizing comments are usually entertaining but lazy, achieving their intended result attracting like minded affirmation. This proverbial blowing sunshine up ones skirt is something that is not in short supply in hockey arenas and Internet forums. Save your moral indignation for your bobble headed friends and their personally unrealized successes. It is the game and it's players separated by the glass that have ownership of the experience, regardless of the depth of anyone's involvement or size of their ego. Let's try and remember, it's their game lets let them play it.
I know nothing of the ER parents, nor do I particularly care. I do, however, find your screen name amusing, since the word's origin is Shawnee, meaning, "white rump". You kind of sound like a pompous Wapiti in your post. :lol:
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

ogelthorpe wrote:Bantam AA

Stillwater 3
Elk River 1
Good. Remember all the ER posts & threads earlier this season....guess that's settled.
Wapiti

Post by Wapiti »

You're absolutely right Waapiti is both Shawnee and Cree for "white or tan rump," it's also two words that in a language that uses descriptive imagery for its names, means elk. The word elk is actually a European word for what we know as a moose. Context can be a tricky thing for example shemanese means "long knife," or white man.
That aside if I came across as pompous I apologize, that was not my intent, however it is now. In the spirit of descriptive imagery, you siting at your computer searching for my screen name brings to mind the opening scene of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the man-apes discover the monolith. If you're unaware of that pop culture reference use your new found skills and google it.
Congratulations to Stillwater and good luck tomorrow. I won't marginalize your achievement as is often the tendency, by saying the Elks didn't play well today. Our team had what was essentially all the comforts and support of a home ice advantage and played with the full understanding of what was at stake. Despite the best efforts of those who put on their "Red Army" sweaters and laced up their skates today you won.
offtheglas

Post by offtheglas »

snowpuck wrote:ER parents are wicked. I was waiting on the GR/Woodbury game caught EP and Edina game. EP was not the same team today. Edina deserved to win, outplayed them in every facet of the entire game. As the saying goes regular season doesn't mean a thing. Hoping GR pulls out all the upsets this weekend and gets the chip. ER/Stillwater should be good. Stillwater tops them. Elks will get out coached and fans quieted.... my prediction up 5-2. FYI with 4 left.
Parents typically take on the personification of the coach
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

Wapiti wrote:You're absolutely right Waapiti is both Shawnee and Cree for "white or tan rump," it's also two words that in a language that uses descriptive imagery for its names, means elk. The word elk is actually a European word for what we know as a moose. Context can be a tricky thing for example shemanese means "long knife," or white man.
That aside if I came across as pompous I apologize, that was not my intent, however it is now. In the spirit of descriptive imagery, you siting at your computer searching for my screen name brings to mind the opening scene of 2001: A Space Odyssey when the man-apes discover the monolith. If you're unaware of that pop culture reference use your new found skills and google it.
Congratulations to Stillwater and good luck tomorrow. I won't marginalize your achievement as is often the tendency, by saying the Elks didn't play well today. Our team had what was essentially all the comforts and support of a home ice advantage and played with the full understanding of what was at stake. Despite the best efforts of those who put on their "Red Army" sweaters and laced up their skates today you won.
Psuedo-intellect on a hockey forum.... I'm fascinated
Wapiti

Post by Wapiti »

I'm glad you're amused but pseudo intellect is often defined by misuse of facts or the introduction of a unrelated topics to substantiate a argument or point. Hypocrisy on a hockey forum.... I'm fascinated. What doesn't fascinate me is those who throw short passive aggressive shots at people without taking the personal risk of expressing an actual opinion. The subtle nuances of conversation are lost on forum posts and can leave room for misinterpretation. I refuse to dilute my message leaving it open to interpretation, so it may be more palatable to others. If you want to continue the I'm rubber and your glue schtick I'm not interested. Now if you are interested in establishing whether or not your contention is correct lets find a topic that is a little less subjective. Let's be honest though that's not really your style.
For the record I'm neither the victim or a Elks apologist but someone who attended what I considered a well played hockey game by both teams. That was closer than the score reflected because of a Herculean effort by the Hermantown goalie only allowing two goals while between the pipes. One of which was a very greasy rebound and the other the only actual shot. The Elks student section was enthusiastic and vocal reminiscent of the High School Tournament while remaining good natured. The oft used chant of "You can't do that!" Followed by a pointed "you" after the opposition was charged with a penalty, was the strongest offering I heard. The parents and fans that I stood next to were neither loud or obnoxious. That doesn't mean that a vocal minority doesn't exist but by the virtue of the proximity that I had to half of the total fan section. I can't accept that the majority of Elk fans and parents were at all wicked. It is that assertion that is inconsistent with my own experiences, that I find most disturbing.
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

Really Wapiti? You don't even know what you are saying. Talking about not "marginalizing" efforts of a team and being "straight forward," and then describing Hermantown's goalie's efforts as being "Herculean." You marginalized the goalie by suggesting that his efforts were Herculean. I am sure someone as educated as you would realize that Herculean originates from the mythical Hercules, son of Zeus. But I guess that breaks your other point about being straight forward too, doesn't it. Lighten up Francis.