Stars & Stripes Schedule

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Redarmy19

Post by Redarmy19 »

O-townClown wrote:USA Hockey requires teams to stay in approved hotels for their National Championships.
Not shocking that the biggest money grab known to hockey does the same thing...
JSR

Re: Stars & Stripes Schedule

Post by JSR »

black sheep wrote:
JSR wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:Steeldogs have a game on Thursday and Friday during the day, which will cause kids to miss school on both days.

This is the issue that ticks most parents off. It's not summer yet, kids are still in school. If it was summer I would say, yeah, sucks to play on Thursday but we'll live.

As for hotels, we quit staying at the "approved" hotels years ago. Nobody cares or checks up, too much other stuff going on and the big money is in the entry fee. No way you kick a team out over something like that.
Actually the ChiTown Shuffle checks and makes sure that you have a "minimum" number of rooms reserved for your team through the designated hotels, if you do not your team is tossed from the tourney and your fee is nonrefundable, and they do it because they don't care and because they can afford to do it.... It's a whole new worl the last 4 or 5 years, it's not like it was just a few short years ago.... Some tourneys do not check but some do and you need to know which ones do
true with Chi-town...but they also give youone room free if you book a certain number...and they set up breakfast at the hotels for the tournament players and families becasue most of the major hotels do not have continental services.

maybe $25 in kickbacks...but each family of four saves $50 in breakfast. not a service offered though mn made stay & play.

NAHC in winnipepg is a Thursday start, but its in the summer and you book hotels of your choice. Thank goodness as WPG hotels are not cheap.

edit...forgot to add.

Chi-Town entry fee = $1395
Stars & Stripes entry fee = $1875
True there is a difference in entry fee, no denying that. However the Stars & Stripes is a 5 game guarantee tourney if I am not mistaken where ChiTown is only 4 game guarantee. Now that does not make a $500 difference, I am not blind to that but it does make some of the difference in entry fee as those are additional ice fees and ref costs and on site management costs, again not so much tomake that big of a differencebut again ChiTown makes alot more on hotel kickbacks so it's probably a wash money making wise I'd bet
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

It is Monday on tournament week and no schedule yet for 2003 Elite level.

C'mon it is not that hard.... that is unless you are trying to make the easiest path for the team that skates at "Bush League Rd"

UNREAL
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

MWS coach wrote:It is Monday on tournament week and no schedule yet for 2003 Elite level.

C'mon it is not that hard.... that is unless you are trying to make the easiest path for the team that skates at "Bush League Rd"

UNREAL

Try this...

http://mmh.rsportz.com/divisions/4258/games
thoen

Post by thoen »

MWS coach wrote:It is Monday on tournament week and no schedule yet for 2003 Elite level.

UNREAL

OR, if you go to the Mn Made website, click "tournaments" tab and then scroll down to 2003 Elite and click it. Then, when the page comes up, you could click the tab that reads "Click here for tournament schedule".
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

thoen wrote:

UNREAL

OR, if you go to the Mn Made website, click "tournaments" tab and then scroll down to 2003 Elite and click it. Then, when the page comes up, you could click the tab that reads "Click here for tournament schedule".
Yes, it is finally up. At the time of my posting it was not finished and was not online. Going where you direct me simply said "schedule is not public yet"......
suitcase

Good Luck!

Post by suitcase »

Good Luck to all the teams and players in the tournament.
Last edited by suitcase on Wed May 27, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Do you think they ordered the 2003 Elite Trophy with the Blades stuff already on it?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

Lightning 05 over Madison Capitals 05, 21-0

Hmmmm, wonder if that team should have been in the Elite Division?
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

The 2000 elite scores are not open to the public??? Do have to join something and pay?
suitcase

Post by suitcase »

I know of a couple teams that wanted to be in the open class and were put into the elite class so they may have had no choice.
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Does anyone know who won the elite divisions for each birth year?
JSR

Post by JSR »

Froggy Richards wrote:Lightning 05 over Madison Capitals 05, 21-0

Caps organizers should have known better. At the 2005 level there are about 6 or 7 skaters in the greater Madison area that serves the Caps that could play at that level, and NONE of them were on the team that went to the S&S, not sure what they were thinking going Elite Division with none of those kids in tow..... :roll:
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

JSR wrote:

Caps organizers should have known better. At the 2005 level there are about 6 or 7 skaters in the greater Madison area that serves the Caps that could play at that level, and NONE of them were on the team that went to the S&S, not sure what they were thinking going Elite Division with none of those kids in tow..... :roll:
I believe this was the Open Division. I was referring to the Lightning.
JSR

Post by JSR »

Froggy Richards wrote:
JSR wrote:

I believe this was the Open Division. I was referring to the Lightning.
Sorry, misread it :wink: