WHL Bantam Draft

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood
Posts: 2127
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Tonka

WHL Bantam Draft

Post by blueblood » Fri May 02, 2014 4:42 pm

11 WHL Bantam draftees with MN ties ('99 birth year)

75th Austin, Pratt Centre Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-07-30
81st Kyler Yeo Forward Hill-Murray HS 1999-03-11 (Mike Yeo's son)
87th Scott Reedy Centre Prior Lake, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-04-04
94th Erik Dahl Defence Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-01-08
97th Grant Mismash Centre Edina, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-02-19
149th Sammy Walker Centre Edina, MN Edina 1999-06-07
158th Jack Harris Left Defence Prior Lake, MN Prior Lake 1999-06-13
191st Nate Knoepke Right Defence Farmington, MN Lakeville S. 1999-04-08
203rd Adam Kadlec Forward Edina, MN Revolution 1999-09-03
213rd Matt Anderson Defence Holy Family 1999-04-11
235th Reid Hill Defence Duluth East 1999-01-01

karl(east)
Posts: 5917
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 am
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Add Blake Bergquist (Duluth East F) at #169.

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

WHL Bantam draft

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Mon May 05, 2014 3:17 am

Also @ 57 overall Baron Thompson. He plays in Omaha, but still has MN blood in him. 02-19-1999

Whiner33
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: WHL Bantam draft

Post by Whiner33 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Also @ 57 overall Baron Thompson. He plays in Omaha, but still has MN blood in him. 02-19-1999
Thought he was playing for Achiever Academy?

Iceburg
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:21 am
Location: Maplewood

Re: WHL Bantam draft

Post by Iceburg » Mon May 05, 2014 5:33 am

Whiner33 wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Also @ 57 overall Baron Thompson. He plays in Omaha, but still has MN blood in him. 02-19-1999
Thought he was playing for Achiever Academy?
He left mid-season

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 am

Yes he did.

SammyOB
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 am

HP15

Post by SammyOB » Tue May 13, 2014 10:19 pm

How many of these guys made HP15? You'd think all these guys would be playing if not why?

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed May 14, 2014 12:25 am

I don't know who is or is not, but reading several posts on the HP program, sounds like politics may be a factor. Being being picked in the Bantam draft is not necessarily an accurate barometer of talent. Sometimes it comes down to who might want to play in the league. Not many 16 year olds are ready step in and play.

redlightclub
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by redlightclub » Wed May 14, 2014 4:22 am

Song is right on.

Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath » Wed May 14, 2014 5:29 pm

WHL teams know the Minnesota kids are not as likely to play in the League as their Canadian counterparts. Most US born kids this age are not ready to give up their amateur status and move away from home to play in the Dub. Look at the USHL draft that just took place you will see a much higher number of Minnesota kids going to those team because the rules are such that kids can play in the U and not forgo their amateur eligibility.

Knowyourrole
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by Knowyourrole » Wed May 21, 2014 3:40 pm

I have nothing against this kid and have never talked to him in person so this is just an on ice opinion. I have seen Yeo play several times and I don't see how he went that high? I know it doesn't mean anything but he hasn't stood out on the ice at all. I saw him this weekend and didn't even notice him in the plays compared to some of his team mates. Again nothing to do with who his dad is but there has to be some politics there??

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed May 21, 2014 4:31 pm

These are all 99's. After the first round, I would say you could shuffle the deck and re-deal and not much would change. Potential, pedigree and willingness to play are big factors. You could sling mud at all these boys, if that's what you want. They are young, raw and every practice/game someone different shows up. Many times I have "car coached" my kid and said ,"I hope the mothership drops you off again before your next game!!" My son has played many times with the boy you mention, and just like my kid, when his feet catch up to his head, he will be fun to watch wherever he plays.

old goalie85
Posts: 3695
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 am

Post by old goalie85 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:23 pm

My 98 is the same way. Not just in hockey , but in day to day activities. It "that age" !!

nobama
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:45 am

Post by nobama » Thu May 22, 2014 2:10 pm

you have to love long hair and tattoo's because the hockey is not special :idea:

nobama
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:45 am

Post by nobama » Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 pm

you have to love long hair and tattoo's because the hockey is not special :idea:

MrBoDangles
Posts: 3945
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 am

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu May 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Knowyourrole wrote:I have nothing against this kid and have never talked to him in person so this is just an on ice opinion. I have seen Yeo play several times and I don't see how he went that high? I know it doesn't mean anything but he hasn't stood out on the ice at all. I saw him this weekend and didn't even notice him in the plays compared to some of his team mates. Again nothing to do with who his dad is but there has to be some politics there??
He has Canadian bloodlines..... So more likely to be a possible WHL kid. Get it?

All the talented Minnesota kids would be drafted if they were likely to head there.

And people need to understand that the top end talent in Minnesota rivals the best talent any where in North America. So your stock could be way up there even if you're a role player on a top end team in Minnesota.

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 23, 2014 1:22 pm

nobama wrote:you have to love long hair and tattoo's because the hockey is not special :idea:
nobama wrote:you have to love long hair and tattoo's because the hockey is not special :idea:
nobama wrote:you have to love long hair and tattoo's because the hockey is not special :idea:
Might as well get a hat trick out of this witty insight. Another Storm Trooper who has never seen a WHL game. Portland just had another player sign a 3 year entry level contract with the Canucks. Just by playing your "not special hockey".
Here is a link that will most likely not do anything for nobama, but some will see that this hockey may be just slightly more special Than a Breck vs Delano. No offense to those communities, just a random dart board pick. Yes, I know this is a youth forum, but it is related to the Bantam Draft.

I am NOT saying the Dub is the way, the truth, or the light. It's just a option for some kids. MN hockey is a beautiful and ever evolving path, with thousands of great players, coaches, parents and Hockey Forum crusaders!!

http://youtu.be/qfG5p4xNPJ0

http://vimeo.com/68233144

old goalie85
Posts: 3695
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 am

Post by old goalie85 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 pm

My kid has long hair, and I've tattooed hi a$$ plenty of times. :lol:

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm

\:D/ =D>

lilgretzky99
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:27 am

Re: WHL Bantam draft

Post by lilgretzky99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:48 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Also @ 57 overall Baron Thompson. He plays in Omaha, but still has MN blood in him. 02-19-1999
Hey! Dad's aren't allow to lobby for their kids. Are they :)

lilgretzky99
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:27 am

Re: WHL Bantam Draft

Post by lilgretzky99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 am

blueblood wrote:11 WHL Bantam draftees with MN ties ('99 birth year)

75th Austin, Pratt Centre Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-07-30
81st Kyler Yeo Forward Hill-Murray HS 1999-03-11 (Mike Yeo's son)
87th Scott Reedy Centre Prior Lake, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-04-04
94th Erik Dahl Defence Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-01-08
97th Grant Mismash Centre Edina, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-02-19
149th Sammy Walker Centre Edina, MN Edina 1999-06-07
158th Jack Harris Left Defence Prior Lake, MN Prior Lake 1999-06-13
191st Nate Knoepke Right Defence Farmington, MN Lakeville S. 1999-04-08
203rd Adam Kadlec Forward Edina, MN Revolution 1999-09-03
213rd Matt Anderson Defence Holy Family 1999-04-11
235th Reid Hill Defence Duluth East 1999-01-01
Scott Reedy and Matt Anderson are the best players listed. Not even a close third on the list. One player on the list is WAY over-rated.

57special
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by 57special » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:39 am

I think Mismash is close to those two. Wonder if we're thinking about the same "overrated" kid?

2112
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: WHL Bantam Draft

Post by 2112 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Maybe if you managed a WHL team your "little" guy could have been drafted.
lilgretzky99 wrote:
blueblood wrote:11 WHL Bantam draftees with MN ties ('99 birth year)

75th Austin, Pratt Centre Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-07-30
81st Kyler Yeo Forward Hill-Murray HS 1999-03-11 (Mike Yeo's son)
87th Scott Reedy Centre Prior Lake, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-04-04
94th Erik Dahl Defence Lakeville, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-01-08
97th Grant Mismash Centre Edina, MN Shattuck Bantam 1999-02-19
149th Sammy Walker Centre Edina, MN Edina 1999-06-07
158th Jack Harris Left Defence Prior Lake, MN Prior Lake 1999-06-13
191st Nate Knoepke Right Defence Farmington, MN Lakeville S. 1999-04-08
203rd Adam Kadlec Forward Edina, MN Revolution 1999-09-03
213rd Matt Anderson Defence Holy Family 1999-04-11
235th Reid Hill Defence Duluth East 1999-01-01
Scott Reedy and Matt Anderson are the best players listed. Not even a close third on the list. One player on the list is WAY over-rated.

7feetunder
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by 7feetunder » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 am

Not cool calling a kid (or adult) out by name Listening. Obviously he struck a nerve.

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:33 am

Obvisiously you have not read any post on this forum. My name and my boys name are well known for better or worse. But that is a very impressive 2nd post for yourself. Welcome to the hockey forum, or is this Dan Newell from Chanhasen with a new name.... Again!!

Post Reply