Bantam AA Super Districts

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DrGaf

Bantam AA Super Districts

Post by DrGaf »

What are the current breakdowns of the BAA super districts? By some simple research, this is what I came up with. Please update what you can, this is going to be a fun year to watch the Bantams.

D6 BAA: (10 teams)
Chaska/Chan
Eden Prairie
Edina
Jefferson
Minneapolis
Minnetonka
Osseo/Maple Grove
Prior Lake
St. Louis Park
Wayzata

D8 BAA: (11 teams)
Eagan
Eastview
Hastings
Lakeville North
Lakeville South
Owatonna
Rosemount
Sibley
Stillwater
White Bear Lake
Woodbury
(missed anyone ... maybe Rochester?)

D10 BAA: (12 teams)
Andover
Anoka
Blaine
Buffalo
Centennial
Champlin Park
Elk River
Forest Lake
Rogers
Roseville
St. Cloud
STMA

Where are the rest of the BAA teams playing?
Ex: Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Hermantown, Moorhead, etc...

***DISCLAIMER ... yes, BoDangles was right. having to make this disclaimer hurts. :(
Last edited by DrGaf on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
ogelthorpe

Post by ogelthorpe »

From D2:

Stillwater and WBL will be playing with D8 this year.
Forest Lake with D10.
Not positive about Roseville, but I believe they are also going to play with D10.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

ogelthorpe wrote:From D2:

Stillwater and WBL will be playing with D8 this year.
Forest Lake with D10.
Not positive about Roseville, but I believe they are also going to play with D10.
updated, thank you.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

Boy, talk about your MURDER'S ROW or PICK YOUR POISON!
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Owatonna-D8
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

old goalie85 wrote:Owatonna-D8
Thank you sir. Updated.
ogelthorpe

Post by ogelthorpe »

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

ogelthorpe wrote:Roseville confirmed in D10

http://district10hockey.org/Standings.p ... n=BantamAA
Wow ... STMA stayed in D5.

Aren't the only AA teams there STMA and St. Cloud? Where are they going to get their games (outside of tourneys of course)?

Anyone know about Rochester or the northern teams?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Just got E-mail today- Forest Lake BAA/PAA needs to schedule home and away games w/Buff/STMA/St Cloud. Per MN Hockey. D5/D10/Roseville/FL will be one district. The plot thickens. Where's Bo ?? He predicted all of this two years ago. We should pull up some of those old threads. :idea:
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

old goalie85 wrote:Just got E-mail today- Forest Lake BAA/PAA needs to schedule home and away games w/Buff/STMA/St Cloud. Per MN Hockey. D5/D10/Roseville/FL will be one district. The plot thickens. Where's Bo ?? He predicted all of this two years ago. We should pull up some of those old threads. :idea:
1 - don't encourage him
2 - Personally, I like the direction. I think it encourages the teams to move on up and get some serious competition. If you have to play them in high school, may as well start playing them in PW.

Thanks OG.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

DrGaf wrote:
ogelthorpe wrote:Roseville confirmed in D10

http://district10hockey.org/Standings.p ... n=BantamAA
Wow ... STMA stayed in D5.

Aren't the only AA teams there STMA and St. Cloud? Where are they going to get their games (outside of tourneys of course)?

Anyone know about Rochester or the northern teams?
Rochester can play in D8 (may be too late), so Long they play all away games.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

*bump

Any updates?
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Is it safe to say that D8 is the weakest super district even with the addition of Stillwater and WBL?
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

Mnhockeys wrote:Is it safe to say that D8 is the weakest super district even with the addition of Stillwater and WBL?
The season will tell ... but I'd say yes by far.

D6 is the cream of the crop.

... IMHO.
Daulton21

Post by Daulton21 »

D10 has some teams on the bottom end that will struggle at this AA level.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

DrGaf wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:Just got E-mail today- Forest Lake BAA/PAA needs to schedule home and away games w/Buff/STMA/St Cloud. Per MN Hockey. D5/D10/Roseville/FL will be one district. The plot thickens. Where's Bo ?? He predicted all of this two years ago. We should pull up some of those old threads. :idea:
1 - don't encourage him
2 - Personally, I like the direction. I think it encourages the teams to move on up and get some serious competition. If you have to play them in high school, may as well start playing them in PW.

Thanks OG.
The number of magnetic associations will continue to grow smaller.

I'm sure your wishes will become even more of a reality as top end talent continue to move into associations like yours.. Most of the top 15 associations have received numerous top end additions since MNH's quest to turn association hockey in to a few haves and many have nots. District rivalries have all but disappeared in most districts since the change and the playoff system is a joke for most.

You're in a great position until Johnny brick wall goalie comes in from tiny - little 'Maxwell association:" and bumps your kid. Keep smiling about the rosy situation you're in....

MNH is dismantling association hockey at a rabid pace.

I'm being fitted for a wand and cape as I'm writing this..

:?
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

MrBoDangles wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
1 - don't encourage him

Thanks OG.

I'm sure your wishes will become even more of a reality as top end talent continue to move into associations like yours.. Most of the top 15 associations have received numerous top end additions since MNH's quest to turn association hockey in to a few haves and many have nots. District rivalries have all but disappeared in most districts since the change and the playoff system is a joke for most.

You're in a great position until Johnny brick wall goalie comes in from tiny - little 'Maxwell association:" and bumps your kid. Keep smiling about the rosy situation you're in....

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

DrGaf wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
DrGaf wrote: 1 - don't encourage him

Thanks OG.

Nothing going on this forum (its been weeks since OG's post) and you comment back in fifteen minutes..?
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

MrBoDangles wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: The number of magnetic associations will continue to grow smaller.

Nothing going on this forum (its been weeks since OG's post) and you comment back in fifteen minutes..?
Good timing is all.

Besides, best episode of Community EVER.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Thanks for being the flag carrier around here.. You r appreciated.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Daulton21 wrote:D10 has some teams on the bottom end that will struggle at this AA level.
OG's FL team?