Historic MN Brick Team

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

edgeless2

Historic MN Brick Team

Post by edgeless2 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:34 am

All of these years of whining about sending the best MN team to the Brick, the best of MN comes together and there is no comment? Nothing? Blades and Orange combine. This is fantastic. Gotta believe if the people who put this team together have any clue, we should be prohibitive favorites. Bring it home boys!

Jeffy95

Re: Historic MN Brick Team

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:09 am

edgeless2 wrote:All of these years of whining about sending the best MN team to the Brick, the best of MN comes together and there is no comment? Nothing? Blades and Orange combine. This is fantastic. Gotta believe if the people who put this team together have any clue, we should be prohibitive favorites. Bring it home boys!
Derek Plante is coaching the team. He wouldn't be the coach if he couldn't send the best 06's. He's a great guy to have in charge. Should be a great tourney for the Minnesota boys. Good luck!

JSR

Re: Historic MN Brick Team

Post by JSR » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:25 pm

edgeless2 wrote:All of these years of whining about sending the best MN team to the Brick, the best of MN comes together and there is no comment? Nothing? Blades and Orange combine. This is fantastic. Gotta believe if the people who put this team together have any clue, we should be prohibitive favorites. Bring it home boys!
"Prohibitive favorites"..... ummmm no. Good team. Will compete and have a chance amongst the best teams but prohibitive favorite is Minnesota homerism and not reality. I think Winnipeg, Toronto Bulldogs and BC Jr Canucks all still have a big say in the matter.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm

4-0 so far. Have outscored their opponents 13-3.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:26 pm

5-0. Just beat Winnipeg 4-1.

JSR

Post by JSR » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:08 pm

I see the British Columbia and Thunder Bay, ONT goalies are doing an awesome job of keeping the other teams from scoring :lol: .... apparently no goalies in the "state of hockey" this year....

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:45 pm

JSR wrote:I see the British Columbia and Thunder Bay, ONT goalies are doing an awesome job of keeping the other teams from scoring :lol: .... apparently no goalies in the "state of hockey" this year....
Isn't it lovely when the adult writing the team profile is clueless(or an outright liar) take your pick

All they needed to say was: this is our team

JSR

Post by JSR » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm

nu2hockey wrote:
JSR wrote:I see the British Columbia and Thunder Bay, ONT goalies are doing an awesome job of keeping the other teams from scoring :lol: .... apparently no goalies in the "state of hockey" this year....
Isn't it lovely when the adult writing the team profile is clueless(or an outright liar) take your pick

I guess I'm not following you? The two goalies on the team are from BC and ONT respectively and not from MN. That part is fact, I read that in Youth Hockey Hub article but also found both of them on their winter rosters online in their home cities which confirmed that because I thought it was odd and maybe a mistake, but it wasn't..... Not sure where the clueless or liar part comes in? Maybe I'm missing something out of context here though...

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:09 pm

JSR wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:

I guess I'm not following you? The two goalies on the team are from BC and ONT respectively and not from MN. That part is fact, I read that in Youth Hockey Hub article but also found both of them on their winter rosters online in their home cities which confirmed that because I thought it was odd and maybe a mistake, but it wasn't..... Not sure where the clueless or liar part comes in? Maybe I'm missing something out of context here though...
On the Team profiles page for the tourney, TM Mn states they have gathered the best 9 and 10 yr olds from "within the boundaries of MN"......obviously false

It's not that a big of deal , whoever wrote the profile is either clueless about the roster or fabricated a lie. You can bet every kid on the Team and their parents read the profile yet it remains . It would have been fine to leave out the MN claim and I am glad they did well,
just I don't think "historic" applies

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Congrates to all the kids. And most of the parents What Plante was coaching Stuey ?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:49 am

ttt

JSR

Post by JSR » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 pm

nu2hockey wrote:
JSR wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:

On the Team profiles page for the tourney, TM Mn states they have gathered the best 9 and 10 yr olds from "within the boundaries of MN"......obviously false

It's not that a big of deal , whoever wrote the profile is either clueless about the roster or fabricated a lie. You can bet every kid on the Team and their parents read the profile yet it remains . It would have been fine to leave out the MN claim and I am glad they did well,
just I don't think "historic" applies
Oh, I gotchya now