TOP Bantam B1 teams

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

quantummekanic

TOP Bantam B1 teams

Post by quantummekanic »

Who's strong? Which big organizations are running two balanced B1 teams or two stacked teams (upper and lower like Centennial)? <br><br>Any comments on Edina, Maple Grove, Wayzata, WBL, Centennial, Blaine, Chaska, DE etc. <br> <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

RE: TOP Bantam B1 Teams

Post by MNHockeyObserver »

Blaine looks to be the front runner early. White Bear Orange and Centennial also appear to have strong teams to start the season. <p></p><i></i>
quantummekanic

Re: RE: TOP Bantam B1 Teams

Post by quantummekanic »

Duluth East originally was going to go with split B1 teams. After a lot of objections from parents including a vote, it looks like they may go with one B1 and one B2. This would put them high on the list. <p></p><i></i>
bossman

Bantam B1

Post by bossman »

If Blaines the early favorite, they have already been beaten by Wayzata. <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

Re: Bantam B1

Pre-season scrimmages aren't really an indication, so a loss in a scrimmage doesn't boot Blaine from my mind. Good to know, though. And obviously we need to put Wayzata (Which one? Blue? Gold?) up near the top to start the season. <br><br>Would like to know more about Duluth East and Maple Grove. Both strong last season. What other scrimmage results are floating out there in BantamBLand? <p></p><i></i>
bossman

Bantam B1

Post by bossman »

The Wayzata Blue team beat Blaine. <p></p><i></i>
hockeykid14

Re: TOP Bantam B1 teams

Post by hockeykid14 »

Mankato's "B" Purple is pretty good... Since there isn't another "A" team...Not enough tried out at the bantam level <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

Where are all the Elk River boys? I hear you have a pretty good Bantam B team up there this year. Any truth to that rumor?<br><br>Looks like the Wayzata teams are going to take on the Edina teams in scrimmages. That should help tell us who ranks where. <p></p><i></i>
mnhockey22

Post by mnhockey22 »

de was strong last year and they will be very good this year with a b1 and b2 team now after the original thought oh having 2 b1 teams they have a very good chance at wining state <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

Anyone have the LPH rankings for Bantam B yet? Haven't gotten my copy yet. <p></p><i></i>
mnhockey362 99

B1 Top 10

Post by mnhockey362 99 »

:1. EP<br>2. WBL - Orange<br>3. Wayzata - Blue<br>4. Centennial<br>5. Duluth East<br>6. Maple Grove<br>7. Blaine<br>8. Edina Green<br>9. Stillwater<br>10. Moorhead<br>11. Roseville<br>12. WBL - Black<br>13. Elk River<br>14. North St. Paul<br>15. Grand Rapids<br>16. Blake<br>17. Chaska<br>18. Edina White<br>19. Woodbury<br>20. Eagan<br> <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

Re: B1 Top 10

EP's good, but are they #1?<br><br>It's Thursday, anyone have this week's issue yet? (Stupid boss won't let me run out to get a copy!) <p></p><i></i>
CoachGuy

Post by CoachGuy »

Well MNhockob. it all comes down to coaching. Sure you can be handed a boatload of "a" rejects, but it's clay in the coaches hands. Rumor has it the EPBB coach is <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">decent</span><!--EZCODE FONT END-->. . . <p></p><i></i>
EagleGuy91

Post by EagleGuy91 »

CoachGuy, you are way too kind. I appreciate the compliments, but it's easy to look good when your association keeps handing you all this talent year after year. Like Denny Green (not the MN Hockey Denny Green) used to say about Daunte . . . "All he has to do is drive the car!"<br><br>Yes, Miss Daisy, I be drivin'.<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... leGuy91</A> at: 11/18/05 8:14 am<br></i>
MNHockeyObserver

LPH Week 2

1. Eden Prairie<br>2. Wayzata Blue<br>3. White Bear - Orange<br>4. Centennial Red<br>5. Duluth East<br>6. Elk River<br>7. Moorhead<br>8. Blaine<br>9. Edina White<br>10. North St. Paul<br>11. Edina Green<br>12. Maple Grove<br>13. Roseville<br>14. Stillwater<br>15. White Bear - Black<br>16. Rochester<br>17 Grand Rapids<br>18. Chaska<br>19. Woodbury<br>20. Dodge County<br><br>I also noticed that Prior Lake play it close with Eden Prairie and then beat #9 Edina White. Maybe they need some consideration. <br><br>Looks like the place to be for Thanksgiving is in White Bear Lake . . .<br>8 teams, including #1 Eden Prairie, #3 White Bear - Orange, #4 Centennial Red, #5 Duluth East, #9 Edina White and #15 White Bear - Black. Should be some good action there! <p></p><i></i>
mnhockey362 99

How they rate teams

Post by mnhockey362 99 »

How does LPH rate these teams. I watched EP play the other night against Prior Lake, and was not real impressed. They have one line, that I think scored 4 of their goals, the other two lines are average at best. <p></p><i></i>
Defenseman Legacy

Re: How they rate teams

Post by Defenseman Legacy »

Mn hockey u must not have been too cognisant that game because there were goals scored on all lines that game and every team has a best line. <p></p><i></i>
hendy1621

Re: LPH Week 2

Post by hendy1621 »

dodge county has a pretty decent team <p></p><i></i>
Defenseman Legacy

Post by Defenseman Legacy »

EP schooled everyone in that WBL tourney. No one really put up a fight except Centennial who lost 4-2 in the championship game, and the best Edina B-1 team was easily put aside the game before. <p></p><i></i>
MNHockeyObserver

Legacy - Not sure they "schooled" everyone. They have a long ways to go and a lot of teams to get past. Sounds like you are on the team, though. Good luck with the rest of the season. Oh, one other problem, the final was reported as 5-3, not 4-2. Maybe you were sitting out that game. <p></p><i></i>
Mnhckyscout

Top B1 Team

Post by Mnhckyscout »

Despite their size, Ep is number 1. I was surprised how easily they breezed through the WBL tourny. I can't wait to see who will challenge them later in the season. There should be some good hockey to come! <p></p><i></i>
EagleGuy91

EP at #1

Post by EagleGuy91 »

Scout - Thanks for the compliment. We are a talented group and I look forward to all our challenging opponents. The Edina Tournament will be a lot of fun to be a part of with 3-5 games against NO easy teams!!<br><br>Legacy - MNHObs is correct. 5-3 victory. We gave up the third with one minute left. If you're one of mine, you should know that. If you're not, then thanks for the schooling compliment. We had a good weekend. <p></p><i></i>
MNHOCK1597

Re: EP at #1

Post by MNHOCK1597 »

I haven't seen Centennial Red, but they did recently beat WBL Orange and are now #3 in LPH. <br><br>What's the deal with Roseville? They are in the top 10, but lost to Cooper/Armstrong in November. I've seen C/A and they are not too good. <p></p><i></i>
pokerstar153

Re: EP at #1

Post by pokerstar153 »

Hows White Bear lately? Anyone notice any standout players or lines? What about the goalies? I heard from a friend they haven't been performing to well lately, but they only lost 2-1 to E.P. I saw them beat Thunder Bay, probably their biggest competition yet. <p></p><i></i>
slapshot33

Best Bantam B1

Post by slapshot33 »

Ive seen several Bantam B1 games this season, including, Blaine, Roseville, EP, Edina, Duluth East and WBL. <br><br>Wayzata Blue is the top team right now. They are big and can skate. They've won 2 tournaments against good teams. <p></p><i></i>