Pee Wee A - State Tournament @ Mars Lakeview

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

egoalie33

Re: Outstate

Post by egoalie33 »

there allways seems to be a big upset in the state tounament and thats what makes it great like last year it happened to be in the championship <p></p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

Yep - Just like in the High School Tournament this year. Who would have thought this time last weekend that CDH would be Class AA Champions or that STA would be Class A Champions?<br><br>That is why we play the games.<br><br>It was great to see Grand Rapids make it into the Championship. I just wish that they would have gotten a few more good bounces of the puck. Nothing seemed to go their way last night.<br><br>I think we will see one maybe 2 big "UPSETS" in Duluth. The only reason I am saying "upsets", is that I am taking the rankings into consideration.<br><br>I mean no disrespect to the "out-state" teams but the bulk of "highly" ranked that will be in Duluth are "Cities" teams.<br><br>My predictions will be up sometime Monday or Tuesday. <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

i totally am with u all the way because last year im pretty sure the the "city" teams won there first game <p></p><i></i>
grizisastud

pee wee predictions

Post by grizisastud »

Eden Prarie over Duluth<br>Edina over Sartell<br><br>Lakeville over Roseau<br>Wayzata over Grand Rapids<br><br>Semis:<br>Edina over Eden Prarie (i know edina's lost to them like 4 times but they gotta win sometime)<br>Wayzat over Lakeville<br><br>Championship<br>Edina over Wayzata 5-4 in OT's<br> <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Re: pee wee predictions

Post by egoalie33 »

any way ti goes it will be fun and exciting <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

hey hockey dad i was reading other subjects and i see u said your son was in the superseires? just wondering <p></p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

Yes egoalie33 - Ryno is on the EAST Major Pee Wee.<br><br>Are you playing? <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

congratulations to him im on the southern team who are some other kids on that team it should be fun <p></p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

New team - he has been on the East for a number of years.<br><br>New Coach and new players. Ben Marshall was a late scratch over the weekend. He has a broken shoulder.<br><br>Eagan, Moundsview, Cottage Grove, N. St. Paul, Hastings, Stillwater, WOodbury, Tartan, Hudson, and FIRE players.<br><br>Should be fun again this year. <br><br>Where do you play? If you want to keep it secret, email me and let me know. <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

check your inbox i dont know if it worked but if not do u know what team hockeystud27 is on <p></p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

Got it egoalie33.<br><br>Good luck at State, I really think your squad has a great chance. Just have to get those boys to move the puck! <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

thanks yep you got it were really working hard to do that and good luck to ryno in the super seires. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Re: Pee Wee A - State Tournament @ Mars Lakeview

Post by boblee »

QUARTERS:<br>Eden Prairie 6<br>Duluth East 2<br><br>Edina 9<br>Sartell 1<br><br>Lakeville South 5<br>Roseau 2<br><br>Grand Rapids 4<br>Wayzata 3<br><br>Semis:<br>Eden Prairie 5<br>Edina 3<br><br>Grand Rapids 3<br>Lakeville South 2<br><br>Conso Semis:<br>Duluth East 5<br>Sartell 1<br><br>Wayzata 6<br>Roseau 2<br><br>Conso Final:<br>Wayzata 4, Duluth East 2<br><br>3rd Place:<br>Edina 3, Lakeville South 1<br><br>Championship:<br>Eden Prairie 6<br>Grand Rapids 2<br><br> <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

Alrighty! It is that time - time to make a few (and hopefully accurate) predictions on the 2006 Minnesota Pee Wee A State Championship.<br><br>Before I begin, I want to congratulate ALL teams, players, coaches and parents. Everyone that has made it to Duluth should be very proud.<br><br>My "picks" are in no way a slam on any team(s). Every team is VERY good that has made it to Duluth.<br><br>REMEMBER - These are just my opinions and are posted only to have a little discussion and fun. Please don't rip me for my picks, they are my own humble opinions.<br><br>So here we go!<br><br>Quarters:<br><br>Duluth East 0<br>Eden Prairie 2<br><br>* I look for a VERY low scoring affair. Heck you never know, but if Duluth East gets a few bounces of the puck early on, could be an early loss for EP. But in the end I'll go with Mr. Ford tossing a Tournament opening SHUTOUT! The boys from EP will be mighty focused after that loss to Wayzata.<br><br>Sartell 2<br>Edina 7<br><br>* Everyone that has read my posts knows I think that this might be the year for the Hornets. (AND most of you know I DO NOT live near Edina!) So no disrepect to the boys from Sartell but this one might get ugly early. IF, and I mean IF, the boys from Edina MOVE THE PUCK this one will be over in a hurry. FYI - Remember these boys have something to play for - DUKE! <br><br>Roseau 4<br>Lakeville South 3<br><br>* BEST GAME OF THE QUARTERS! I would give anything to see this one in person. I believe that all this talk of "out-state" stuff will be dead after this one. Roseau has more than just a couple of the best players in the state. They have a VERY solid team. Lakeville South has a VERY solid team. TWO SOLID TEAMS = GREAT GAME! This one might be a multiple overtime game with some tried boys in in the dressing rooms after this WAR!<br><br>Grand Rapids 2<br>Wayzata 7<br><br>* Big and Strong! Wayzata should be FLYING after their performance in the Regions at Brooklyn Park. This is another one that could be over early. <br><br>Semi's:<br><br>Eden Prairie 2<br>Edina 3<br><br>* Ok this is easy - NOT! Let's check the results of the season:<br><br>1/1: EP 3 Edina 2<br>1/8: EP 4 Edina 1<br>2/16: EP 4 Edina 3 OT<br>2/18: EP 3 Edina 1<br><br>Either EP has Edina's number or you can come back with the old saying "TOUGH TO BEAT THE SAME TEAM FIVE TIMES IN A YEAR - or is that THREE TIMES?" Whatever the saying, I am saying if you thought the Roseau/Lakeville matchup was a WAR - this one might be WORLD WAR III. Again, I think that the boys in green have learned that if they MOVE THE PUCK, very few teams can beat them. This may be the "DON'T MISS GAME" of the tournament. Game winner will be SIT from WALKER and VAN VOORHIS, in the late minutes of the 3rd. (Sounds like a fun one, doesn't it?)<br><br>Roseau 1<br>Wayzata 4<br><br>* Dittos on Wayzata's quarterfinal round - TOO BIG AND STRONG! Wayzata Rolls into the Championship Game.<br><br>Championship:<br><br>Edina 5<br>Wayzata 4<br><br>* Here we go - the old statement "IF THEY MOVE THE PUCK - THEY WIN" holds true again. IF the Hornets come out moving the puck - They WIN! IF the boys in green are selfish and try to do it themselves, Wayzata WINS! Sorry to "be-on-the-fence" but my belief is that it is up to the boys in GREEN! I think that they have learned and I believe that they will move the puck and win one for themselves, their coaches, their parents and best of all DUKE!<br><br>3rd Place:<br><br>Eden Prairie 4<br>Roseau 3<br><br>Consolation Championship:<br><br>Duluth East 2<br>Lakeville South 4<br><br>RYNO and I wish we could attend in person, but will be looking to the website for updates.<br><br>Good luck to everyone!<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... keyDad9</A> at: 3/15/06 2:54 pm<br></i>
Gray Mullet

Post by Gray Mullet »

I am going to disagree with ol' HockeyDad9 and wager that 1 and possibly 2 of the northern teams will pull an upset this weekend. <p></p><i></i>
tender33

Post by tender33 »

QUARTERS:<br>Eden Prairie 4<br>Duluth East 2 (will have A LOT fans cheering them on, but EP is deeper and better)<br><br>Edina 9<br>Sartell 0<br><br>Lakeville South 3 <br>Roseau 1<br><br>Grand Rapids 2<br>Wayzata 4<br><br>SEMIS;<br>EP 4 2OT<br>Edina3<br><br>Lakeville South 3 OT<br>Wayzata 2<br><br>THIRD PLACE<br>Edina 4 (EN)<br>Wayzata 2<br><br>CHAMPIONSHIP<br>EP 2<br>Lakeville South 3<br>if lakeville can get a good start, EP will panic. <p></p><i></i>
Hockeystud27

Post by Hockeystud27 »

HockeyDad Edina's not the boys in "Green" anymore now there the boys in "Black"<br><br>But im out for a while and headin off to the state tourney! Were taking the bus up tomorrow so I just wish the best for every team participating.Good Luck! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ystud27</A> at: 3/15/06 10:18 pm<br></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

yes good luck to everone participating and have fun <p></p><i></i>
HockeyDad9

Post by HockeyDad9 »

Yes Hockeystud27, I guess you guys are in BLACK. I do like those "sweaters" too!<br><br>Good luck to both you and your teammates. Looks like lots of snow so it is a good thing that you are all taking a bus. <br><br>Tell Mr. Capra to please stay seated while the bus is in motion! A man of his age could get hurt! LOL<br><br>Have a great weekend to all the players, coaches, parents and fans! <p></p><i></i>
Hockeystud27

Post by Hockeystud27 »

Ok I will notify Mr. Capra of that lol.<br><br>Were leaving really soon so like I said earlier I am out for a while. <p></p><i></i>
SLP Coach

Post by SLP Coach »

<!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">PREDICTIONS</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">QUARTERS:</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br>Eden Prairie 5<br>Duluth East 2 <br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">This game will be really close most of the game - the main reason is where the game is being played. In the end EP just proves to be the better team. </span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>Edina 7<br>Sartell 2<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">This game will be close in the first period. Then Edina capitalizes on their chances and figures out that they can't be over confident.</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> <br><br>Lakeville South 3<br>Roseau 1<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">Close game w/ and ENG. Roseau's first line will get many scoring chances, but Lakeville's goalie stands on his head to help his team to the win. </span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>Grand Rapids 3<br>Wayzata 6<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">The game will not be as close as the score. Wayzata outshoots them 2-1 and should dominate the game play. </span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">SEMI-FINALS</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br>Eden Praire 4<br>Edina 3<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">In what is another OT game between these two teams and a great one at that. Others have said that it's tough to beat a team X times in a season. I really gotta go with, EP is going to win this game, they know it and so does Edina (they just won't admit it), it has happened 4 times already. It is the "here we go again" factor.</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>Wayzata 5<br>Lakeville South 2<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">Lakeville keeps this game close for the first period, then Wayzata starts to taste championship blood. After the 1st Wayzata pulls away and the game gets out of hand for Lakeville. </span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>Edina <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">will take 3rd place</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> <br>Roseau <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">will shore up the consolation championship</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Championship Game</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">- Edited @ 2pm Friday</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br>Eden Prairie 3<br>Wayzata 2<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:x-small;">This will be a very very good Championship game. A bounce here or a soft goal there could turn this game the other way (or into a route). However, I do not see that happening with these two teams. EP will not allow Wayzata to beat them again (like in regions). Shots and scoring chances will be close in this one, but Ford proves to be the difference maker coming up with several key saves. This will be one that will go down in the books as one of the greatest PWA championship games ever. </span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... h@mnhs>SLP Coach</A> at: 3/17/06 2:39 pm<br></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

" EP is going to win this game, they know it and so does Edina (they just won't admit it), it has happened 4 times already. It is the "here we go again" factor." hahahah lol u think we think that we know were going to lose to ep right wow yep were going into the biggest tourny of the year only to think to our selfs that were going to lose um u have it totaly wrong (you just wont admit it) <br>we want to beat this team more than anything its happened 4 times u kinda just made my point every team we have lost to we have ened up tying or kicking there but (lost to duluth east in championship game 4-1 beat them in wbl tourny 9-2 lost to lakeville south 6-4 in wbl tourny beat em in regions 5-4 out shot them 10-36 lost to wayzata 2-5 in e.p tourny beat them in our own tourny 6-3 scoring 4 goals in the 2nd period the only team we have not beatin is ep idk we could have lost to them 100000 times in the regular season but the one that matters and is for the bragging rights is the one in the STATE tourny i dont think our team could want to beat them anymore but good try slp coach <p></p><i></i>
SLP Coach

Post by SLP Coach »

eGoalie:<br>I am glad you and your teammates have that attitude. That is what makes great hockey teams/players. And that is a big part of the reason your team is in the State Tourney. <br>I know that you think you are going to win this game. You HAVE TO think your going to win. The fact of the matter is "EP just has your number" this year. I'm sorry to break it down that way, but that is my opinion. <br><br>It is I guess more of a "no matter what you do, or how good you play or how much you outplay them all game." It boils down to, EP still has come out on top every time this season. I just think they do it again, that's all.<br>Good Luck - go out and PROVE ME WRONG.<br><br>Opinion's are like A-Holes, everybodies got one. <p></p><i></i>
egoalie33

Post by egoalie33 »

o thanks i understand it was your opinion and its just every time we have played them we have out shot them its just that ford is our one obsticle and we r going we we play them come out fireing <p></p><i></i>
tunavich

Post by tunavich »

Look out SLPcoach Appleseed got kicked off for that kind of stuff. <p></p><i></i>