lakeville South in PWA State

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyman5

lakeville South in PWA State

Post by hockeyman5 »

Lakeville went 2 and out during the tourney. They were dominated by Roseau and Grand rapids. In ot they showed no heart or desire to win. I can't believe they made it to state. i thought they were really good. they are but they didn't show it. <p></p><i></i>
dddddddude

re

Post by dddddddude »

HUH? <p></p><i></i>
JLS 81

Lakeville South

Post by JLS 81 »

Lakeville South played into Roseau's hand all game which sort of surprised me a bit. They seemed to not adjust well to the physical pounding that Roseau does deliver. Their best counter would have been quick puck movement and moving the feet and the kids never adjusted. Against Grand Rapids that was an uptempo game all the way through with both clubs getting phenominal chances to win it. They are a great team at the peewee A level. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Re: Lakeville South

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids had a great comeback against Lakeville South. Down 3-1 in the third, came back to tie it. South had plenty of chances in the OT, Grand Rapids, a few. But Matt How buried his opportunity on a great move to shelf it on his backhand on the breakaway. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
hockeydogger

Re: lakeville South in PWA State

Post by hockeydogger »

lakeville south got hosed by the refs. <p></p><i></i>
toedrag

Re: lakeville South in PWA State

Post by toedrag »

Agreed. If LS had been in the other half of the Maroon regionals this topic wouldn't exist. <p></p><i></i>
boblee

brutal

Post by boblee »

I hope you're not talking about the refs in state, because that would be a SAD excuse for Lakeville South's fans. <p>Grand Rapids-2006 State Runner Up</p><i></i>
dddddddude

lakeville south

Post by dddddddude »

Lakeville south did indeed limp into the state touney, they played their best hockey in early February at the WBL tourney. In Duluth a good portion of the team was sick and they clearly didn't play up to their potential. Over all this team had a great year going 41-8-5. As for deserving to be there, find another team that went 3-4 against EP, Edina and Wayzata. Considering they had only 50 kids tryout at this level they should be proud of everything they accomplished. <br><br>P.S. The officiating in Duluth had ZERO affect on the outcome of lakevilles games. <p></p><i></i>
Crazy7s

Re: lakeville south

Post by Crazy7s »

If it were not for Lakevilles strong goaltender they were mediorce at best. <p></p><i></i>
BauerHoc77

Lakeville Goaltending

Post by BauerHoc77 »

Id say that the goaltending was "ok". The goaltending situation was kind of like Ep, McNeely played almost all of the games, so did Ford for Ep. It's a bummer for the other goalies, Beaton and that other kid. (dont know the name) <p></p><i></i>
Gray Mullet

Post by Gray Mullet »

I think you are right about the clubs who peek early (some manage to peek just right). That has always been a factor in sports since day 1 and makes for the heartaches and as well the breaks of a season. Sure it has to be dissapointing for Lakeville South but they ran into formidable opponants in Roseau and Grand Rapids and one should not forget that. Just to throw in my .02 cents I liked the way that Lakeville South club played hockey throughout the year same with Edina, Duluth East and Grand Rapids. From the games that I saw it looked like the coaches from those communities stressed the importance of team play. Sorry I did not get to see Eden Prarie play but did hear that they were coached the same way. So credit to those coaches for doing a great job in an era where a lot of people think it is a ME game. <p></p><i></i>
acpal

Post by acpal »

I thought lakeville south had a great team, the roseau game was just too fisical with the checking from the roseau team, Omdahl, Norman, Johnson baumgartner,gunderson <p></p><i></i>
lakevillesouthBantamA

Post by lakevillesouthBantamA »

yea the only thing that got that team that far was mcneely. ive seen him play for...over 2 years(im on the LS bantam A team and ive done camps with him)and he was definitley the backbone of the team. i even asked my coach wat he thought of the team movin up and he didnt think much of em <p></p><i></i>