Budish Drafted to WHL

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lightin the Lamp

Budish Drafted to WHL

Post by Lightin the Lamp »

Zach Budish was drafted in the WHL to the Everret Silvertips, has anyone heard anymore about it? <p></p><i></i>
Cap19tain

Re: Budish Drafted to WHL

Post by Cap19tain »

i dunno what it means, but he was the 223rd player chosen. this after many teams passed in earlier rounds ...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://whl.ca/hm/draft.php?round=11">wh ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
wings7811

Budish Drafted ...

Post by wings7811 »

What this means is that Budish is a very good 91 player, has skill and size. If he should decide to develop in Canada by playing juniors then this team holds his rights. In addition, I believe that going this route would possibly make him ineligible for college.<br><br>The reason why more Minnesota kids are not drafted in the WHL is that we have a pretty good program already in place with local associations, high school programs and the USHL junior league that is an excellent recruiting ground for D1 and D3 programs.<br><br>Mr. Budish, (and any other players) if you read this, continue to work hard to improve your game. A 14/15 year old has years of development ahead if they want to continue to play the game at a higher level. Feel good about being selected and then forget about it. Most of all have fun! <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Re: Budish Drafted ...

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

He may have gone a lot earlier had he been from Canada. More than likely, Not many teams in the WHL knew about him. So the team that picked him knew they could get him late. <p>Taylor Mattson-The Next Non-Mr. Hockey</p><i></i>
THE GINO

Post by THE GINO »

im surprised he got drafted, i think he is a good player, but hes not that good. he couldnt go play in the WHL as a 15 year old <p></p><i></i>
tender33

Post by tender33 »

but this is the year that '91's get drafted. he may not be ready to play if he does for 3 or 4 more years. im actually not surprised he got drafted. <p></p><i></i>
grizisastud

too early

Post by grizisastud »

You get drafted as a 15 year old and 90% of the kids don't play the first year. They draft your rights so that when your ready to play as a 16 or 17 year old, that they have you. <p></p><i></i>
bauerhcky17

b

Post by bauerhcky17 »

what team drafted budish <p></p><i></i>
grizisastud

team

Post by grizisastud »

Everett Silvertips <p></p><i></i>
SLP Coach

Re: team

Post by SLP Coach »

That is kinda funny. Not in a HAHA way. <br>One of my very good friends is a season Ticket holder and is "very familiar" with the front office of the Everett Silvertips. <br><br>Mr. Budish - don't go anywhere just yet. <br>But, if you do decide it is right for you to go, the Everett Silvertips are a very nice/good franchise to play for. Good Luck to you. <p></p><i></i>