Best Hitting Team

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mr. Danglz 69

Post by Mr. Danglz 69 »

Champlin Park BB1 they may not be the most skilled team but always bring physical play to each game
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

Last edited by tdruk on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WASABEMIDJIFAN

Post by WASABEMIDJIFAN »

tdruk your a complete idiot.

Go play 12U or 14U if ya cant take it. Its part of the game.
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

WASABEMIDJIFAN wrote:tdruk your a complete idiot.

Go play 12U or 14U if ya cant take it. Its part of the game.
haha did you get a little offended by my comment? i see your from bemidji. some U14 players could probably beat you in skill.
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

tdruk wrote: some U14 players could probably beat you in skill.
Don't brag about how you could probably beat him in skill.
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

DAbears25 wrote:
tdruk wrote: some U14 players could probably beat you in skill.
Don't brag about how you could probably beat him in skill.
to bad im not a girl
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

Wow...

:roll:

8th grader I take it?
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

DAbears25 wrote:Wow...

:roll:

8th grader I take it?
haha definitely
The truth hurts
#1hockey121

Post by #1hockey121 »

tdruk wrote:northern teams cant skate with city teams. so to fix that they teach their kids to hit
wow, ur an idiot, the best skating teams are up north, and they hit becasue thats what hockey is about. all the city teams are spoiled little bitches who think theyare the best, but the truth is that they are all overated and stuckup. and the north produces more better players, hockey cant be learned in a city, it must be learned playing street games and shimmy hockey games during 24-7 freeskating, citys dont have that. and considering the number of players to choose from up north (about 40-50 kids) they produce about 30-35 of them good. while city teams have enogh to make about 4-5 teams, and from that they can only grab about 20 good skaters. so your remark is dumb and not even close to the facts.
(the best skating team in the state is probobly roseau, which is way north)
Gums45

Post by Gums45 »

:twisted: :twisted: WOW!! throwing down the gauntlet :shock:
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

That has got to be the biggest load of drivel ever penned. Good hockey players can come from ANYWHERE!!! Joey Mullin grew up on roller skates in New York, Chris Chelios in sunny california, Phil Housley in St. Paul and Neal Broten in Roseau. Whats the common link? They were all GOOD!!! Does the game tend to be more physical up north..probably, but if you check d1 and professional rosters you'll find these players come from not only all parts of the state of hockey but from points all over the globe. Let go of the stupid idea that hockey somehow belongs to anybody....Do you suppose canadians somehow think less of Gretzky because he grew up in southern Ontario, if you check I'll think you'll find that Brantford Ontario is SOUTH of Minneapolis. Bottom line is you'll find good players wherever you can get enough young athletes to play the game. A TRUE MINNESOTA HOCKEY FAN APPRECIATES THE GAME REGARDLESS OF WHERE ITS PLAYED.

P.S. Aaron Ness was the best player at state this year and I didn't notice him running around trying to kill anybody..like most good players he used his body effectively without taking stupid penalties.
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

#1hockey121 wrote:
wow, ur an idiot, the best skating teams are up north, and they hit becasue thats what hockey is about. all the city teams are spoiled little bitches who think theyare the best, but the truth is that they are all overated and stuckup. and the north produces more better players, hockey cant be learned in a city, it must be learned playing street games and shimmy hockey games during 24-7 freeskating, citys dont have that. and considering the number of players to choose from up north (about 40-50 kids) they produce about 30-35 of them good. while city teams have enogh to make about 4-5 teams, and from that they can only grab about 20 good skaters. so your remark is dumb and not even close to the facts.

so if roseau is the best skating team in the state, is that why they made it to state? pequot lakes went to state instead of roseau. and pequot lakes lost 2 games in a row to quickly exit the tourney. and who did they play? llake of the woods and red lake falls? any team would look good playing against them. put a city team in there like wayzata or eden prairie and they probably would go undefeated.
Snipesky13

Post by Snipesky13 »

tdruk wrote:
#1hockey121 wrote:

so if roseau is the best skating team in the state, is that why they made it to state? pequot lakes went to state instead of roseau. and pequot lakes lost 2 games in a row to quickly exit the tourney. and who did they play? llake of the woods and red lake falls? any team would look good playing against them. put a city team in there like wayzata or eden prairie and they probably would go undefeated.

I would like to start off by saying that in Youth Hockey City teams probably have the edge but by high school (as represented in the state tournament year after year) the Northern teams are just as good and in many cases better. But we could sit here and argue over this stupid forum on who is better, but that really wouldnt get us anywhere now would it? Because all of the city folk would say there better, and vice versa for the Northerners. So instead of coming on here saying who is better, lets let our play do they talking, and go prove your better one the ice for whatever side your on. And on another note, T Druk, I read all of your posts and they are all stupid, poorly thought out attacks on other organizations and regions. And its just making an ass of yourself to the entire hockey world, so please, for the love of hockey, stop making stupid posts and say something meaningful instead of trying to start fights all the time. Thanks.
Hi Eric Hanse!
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

alright captain walsh
fanatichockeyguy

Post by fanatichockeyguy »

I watched all of the best Bantam A teams around, and the best hitting team to me was Duluth East, they took the body every time. Another team that did well physically was Stillwater, I saw them play Tartan and it seemed to me that Tartan was afraid to go in the corner with those two big defensemen. EP was pretty physical at times to, they were all good size boys on that team.
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

yeah the bantam b1 stillwater team was very physical when we played them