2008-2009 Offical St.cloud State Season Thread

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Love4Hockey

2008-2009 Offical St.cloud State Season Thread

Post by Love4Hockey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:32 pm

What are we to expect for the Huskies in 08-09. I cant wait till them make it 1 for 9 this year because i feel that this is the year everything comes toegher and all goes good. I like the recruits coming in this year and i like the depth we have at goalie. Our strenght again is going to be the powerful offence and the defence played really well at the end of the season last year and I believe that they will continue that into this year. I think the Huskies need to be a more consistant team and cant rely on just 2 or 3 guys. If these things cane come toegher, I see no reason why the Huskies cant be a top 3 team this year in the WCHA and accually win a NCAA game. I believe this is the year everything comes toegher and it all works. Huskies in 08-09

ThomasVokounOn4thStreet

Post by ThomasVokounOn4thStreet » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:50 pm

I agree. I think the Huskies will have a great year this year, and I think this is the year that the get their first NCAA win.

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:53 pm

This is the year...Great group of returning guys...Great group of freshmen comming in...This is going to be a very good deep team....They are gonna go a long way

Reggie

Gophs Rule

Post by Reggie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Will lose every game to the GOPHERS!

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 pm

i think the goophers better be woried about beating mtu and alaska

huskyhawky

Hey Reggie!

Post by huskyhawky » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:00 am

Your comment " Will lose every game to the Gophers" is rather ridiculous.

Please fill me in as to #1 why things are going to change this year as compared to the last three. #2 Fill me in if you are just kidding and I will understand a bit more. #3 Have you compared the teams with what they have coming back and who they have coming in?

I know you are a great hockey mind but please do not just leave a comment like this on this thread and not back it up. I know you are a great hockey mind and dedicate a lot of your time to the sport up in them northwoods but I would love to hear you back it up.

Let me know as I am sure there are several people that would like to hear where you are coming from.

ThomasVokounOn4thStreet

Re: Gophs Rule

Post by ThomasVokounOn4thStreet » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am

Reggie wrote:Will lose every game to the GOPHERS!
Are you kidding me? The Gophers haven't done anything against the Huskies in about the last three years. Why would that change now?

tomASS

Post by tomASS » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm

I heard that Elvis died

I heard that the Beetles broke up

I heard that we put a man on the moon

when the heck did St.Cloud get a hockey team??? :P :P :P :P

Really????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

or is this something you just read on the internet and believe it to be true? :evil:
fighting all who rob or plunder

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:10 pm

lol....really funny

Reggie

Re: Hey Reggie!

Post by Reggie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:24 am

huskyhawky wrote:Your comment " Will lose every game to the Gophers" is rather ridiculous.

Please fill me in as to #1 why things are going to change this year as compared to the last three. #2 Fill me in if you are just kidding and I will understand a bit more. #3 Have you compared the teams with what they have coming back and who they have coming in?

I know you are a great hockey mind but please do not just leave a comment like this on this thread and not back it up. I know you are a great hockey mind and dedicate a lot of your time to the sport up in them northwoods but I would love to hear you back it up.

Let me know as I am sure there are several people that would like to hear where you are coming from.
:twisted:

Just stir'in da pot in the off season, but really like always the series could be good again this year. The gophs will be young, but they are the GOPHERS :!:

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:53 pm

exactly...this is the new gophers and they are here to stay...the gophers are not a super team like they were 5 years ago....gophers fans are not used to it but im glad its happening

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Love4Hockey wrote:exactly...this is the new gophers and they are here to stay...the gophers are not a super team like they were 5 years ago....gophers fans are not used to it but im glad its happening
What's it like to be an idiot?
The U invented swagger.

Fireman66

Post by Fireman66 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Love4Hockey wrote:exactly...this is the new gophers and they are here to stay...the gophers are not a super team like they were 5 years ago....gophers fans are not used to it but im glad its happening
What's it like to be an idiot?
maybe you should ask yourself the same question :roll: I hate the huskies and love my beavers but the rain of the gophers at the top of minnesota college hockey is coming to a end, take it from me a expert in post high school hockey :wink:
Lots of water = a dead flamer

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Fireman66 wrote:but the rain of the gophers at the top of minnesota college hockey is coming to a end, take it from me a expert in post high school hockey :wink:
The reign (as you put it) isn't going anywhere. The occasional good season by other D1 programs in MN has always been around and it will continue to happen from time to time. But the only team that has been consistently contending the majority of seasons has been the Gophers. That won't change.

And the same comments you made might have been made 10 years ago by people just like you when the Gophers had a short down stretch.... and look what has happened since then. A couple of national titles and a number of WCHA regular season and playoff trophies for the Gophers. What trophies did SCSU, UMD, or Mankato win in that same stretch after the Gophers had that short down turn in the late 90s? One WCHA playoff title for SCSU. That's it. Not one other trophy (UMD's one Frozen Four appearance duly noted... but they don't hand out trophies for just getting there).

As a self proclaimed "expert", you should know this. :wink:

Fireman66

Post by Fireman66 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
Fireman66 wrote:but the rain of the gophers at the top of minnesota college hockey is coming to a end, take it from me a expert in post high school hockey :wink:
The reign (as you put it) isn't going anywhere. The occasional good season by other D1 programs in MN has always been around and it will continue to happen from time to time. But the only team that has been consistently contending the majority of seasons has been the Gophers. That won't change.

And the same comments you made might have been made 10 years ago by people just like you when the Gophers had a short down stretch.... and look what has happened since then. A couple of national titles and a number of WCHA regular season and playoff trophies for the Gophers. What trophies did SCSU, UMD, or Mankato win in that same stretch after the Gophers had that short down turn in the late 90s? One WCHA playoff title for SCSU. That's it. Not one other trophy (UMD's one Frozen Four appearance duly noted... but they don't hand out trophies for just getting there).

As a self proclaimed "expert", you should know this. :wink:
You would say this since you have the word gopher in your name :roll: No one is talking about the 90's were talking about now :roll:
Lots of water = a dead flamer

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 pm

This "expert" is an expert in gooder grammar and is probably the beztest speller ever.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:32 am

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:This "expert" is an expert in gooder grammar and is probably the beztest speller ever.

Shirley knot a scsU graduatte? Or maybe so..... :wink:

ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Blue&Gold wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:This "expert" is an expert in gooder grammar and is probably the beztest speller ever.

Shirley knot a scsU graduatte? Or maybe so..... :wink:
If he is a SCSU grad that makes all SCSU grads including me look bad :oops:

But flamer says he loves his beavers so we can assume he is a BSU guy :? :?:
If you only knew the power of the dark side!

Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm

ap4mvp wrote:
Blue&Gold wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote: But flamer says he loves his beavers so we can assume he is a BSU guy :? :?:
Weeeellllll, I'm not going to respond to this... but perhaps you're right..

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Fireman66 wrote:You would say this since you have the word gopher in your name :roll: No one is talking about the 90's were talking about now :roll:
The 90s were used as a frame of reference to make a valid point. Maybe your "expertise" doesn't go back very far? That'd be my hunch based on such commentary.

The example I used is perfectly apt in showing how a short term bump in the road for the Gophers doesn't mean much in the big picture. The cream will still rise to the top more often than not.

breakout

Post by breakout » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Overall, St. Cloud has done a good job of recruiting. That is Bob Motzko's strength. He proved that he was a solid recruiter in Sioux Falls. A big hole for St. Cloud is at the D end. They never seem to top end D to commit to their program.

You can get all the top end forwards available. However, if you don't have great puck distributors, defenders it's tough to break on through to the other side (Jim Morrison).

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 am

Nice piece on NODL on the NHL web page about the Flyers.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=380007

ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:24 am

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 002/SPORTS

HUSKIES getting ready for another season
If you only knew the power of the dark side!

darkdemon

Post by darkdemon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

ap4mvp wrote:http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 002/SPORTS

HUSKIES getting ready for another season
I saw Lasch at the bar the other night and he was optimistic about the teams chances of winning their first game in the NCAA tournament
The DEMON

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll

September 22, 2008
No. Team
1. Boston College
2. Michigan
3. Notre Dame
4. North Dakota
5. Colorado College
6. Denver