2008-2009 Offical St.cloud State Season Thread

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

AngusYoung wrote:
ap4mvp wrote:Would somebody please tell Ryan Lasch that the season started! Hobey Baker my arse :!:
Jared Festler has taken his spot in the Hobey watch. :shock:

AY 8)
just maybe :-k
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
hockeyguy99

Post by hockeyguy99 »

Early in the season. Lasch will kick it in gear in a few weeks, and they will start clicking. Top 10 team by the end of the season.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

hockeyguy99 wrote:Early in the season. Lasch will kick it in gear in a few weeks, and they will start clicking. Top 10 team by the end of the season.
:lol:
The U invented swagger.
hockeyislife34

Post by hockeyislife34 »

Fireman66 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Love4Hockey wrote:exactly...this is the new gophers and they are here to stay...the gophers are not a super team like they were 5 years ago....gophers fans are not used to it but im glad its happening
What's it like to be an idiot?
maybe you should ask yourself the same question :roll: I hate the huskies and love my beavers but the rain of the gophers at the top of minnesota college hockey is coming to a end, take it from me a expert in post high school hockey :wink:
Maybe i'm being a little cheap posting after the first part of the season but you must be eating ur words about the gophers not being "super team".... even with 8+ freshmen on the team the gophers still are currently ranked number 1 in the nation.. not to mention winning both games so far agasint precious st. cloud.... i live in st. cloud and i've never seen so many whiney fans after the gophers beat them at NHC..... Its a good time to be a gopher fan and because of don luchias wonderful recruiting and the urge for players to come to the U it should be good to be a gopher for many more years to come...
Gophers for '09 National Champs
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

Its November...don't hop on the Gopher bandwagon yet.
Little Falls Fan

Post by Little Falls Fan »

SCSU Really really sucks. Haha
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Little Falls Fan wrote:SCSU Really really sucks. Haha
I wouldn't look at this weekend's loss to UMD and say that SCSU sucks. They played some good hockey the last couple weeks at home, which is olympic size ice. The DECC is smaller than NHL ice sheets, and SCSU is a speed team. When you get bunched up on the smaller ice sheets, physical play eliminates the speed that SCSU has. I think they'll end up in the middle of the pack, and there is no reason they couldn't have home ice for the 1st round of the playoffs.
HOUNDS
hockeyislife34

Post by hockeyislife34 »

hockeyguy99 wrote:Early in the season. Lasch will kick it in gear in a few weeks, and they will start clicking. Top 10 team by the end of the season.
Top 10 team? hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha... are you kidding me? hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha... ya ok..
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

SCSU stunk it up tonight :lol: They couldn't get anything started 5 on 5, and the few actual scoring chances came on power plays, and they still couldn't put the puck in the net. They need to score on their power plays and skate with some aggression. Will it be a season sweep tomorrow night :?:
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

GopherPuckPlayer wrote:SCSU stunk it up tonight :lol: They couldn't get anything started 5 on 5, and the few actual scoring chances came on power plays, and they still couldn't put the puck in the net. They need to score on their power plays and skate with some aggression. Will it be a season sweep tomorrow night :?:
SCSU doesn't match up real well with the Gophers this year. The Huskies pretty much live or die via the power play. But the Gophers have the nation's best penalty kill this year and that makes it tough on SCSU to get much going. So far, SCSU is only 1 for 23 on the PP in the three games against the Gophers. Considering how much they rely on the PP, it shouldn't be surprising that they have lost the first three games vs. the Gophers. If the Gopher penalty kill continues being effective on Saturday, I'd expect the Gophers to have a great opportunity to win again.

Of course, it doesn't help SCSU when some of their defensemen don't skate well. Especially some of the new guys. I read many SCSU fans talking up the addition of Hepp and Lauridsen as being something great because they both add size to the blue line. Problem is neither of them are very good skaters and they aren't even all that physical even with the size. Lauridsen is more tall and lean than anything. Reminds me of an undersized forward in basketball... he may have the height but he gets pushed around. Not really a bruiser. Hepp is more solid but he got flattened a few times tonight trying to make open ice checks.
Goldy Gopher

Re: Gophs Rule

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Reggie wrote:Will lose every game to the GOPHERS!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The U invented swagger.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

nice 3-0 win over the souix tonight
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Benik verses Benilde video at - MYFOXHOCKEY.COM - Possible future line of - Hanowski - Festler - Benik - " THE RECORD BREAKERS" :P
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:Benik verses Benilde video at - MYFOXHOCKEY.COM - Possible future line of - Hanowski - Festler - Benik - " THE RECORD BREAKERS" :P
That line would get chewed up and spit out in the WCHA
The U invented swagger.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SCSU got it right with Festler, do you think Hanowski is less of a player? I'm not a big SC fan but they know how to play, and Benik will suprise with some talent around him. Not saying they will be on the same line though.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:SCSU got it right with Festler, do you think Hanowski is less of a player? I'm not a big SC fan but they know how to play, and Benik will suprise with some talent around him. Not saying they will be on the same line though.
IMO. Unless Benik gets much much better, I don't think he'll be seeing much ice time for the Huskies.
The U invented swagger.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

How much better can he get? Size could possibly be a draw back, but I doubt it. :wink:
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:How much better can he get? Size could possibly be a draw back, but I doubt it. :wink:
Quite a bit. He was completely shut down by BSM last night for 95% of the game.
The U invented swagger.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

You can say he was not the best player on the ice...? The whole Benilde team was focused on him and he gets no credit because of the team he plays on. His future at SC will be bright. 8)
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:You can say he was not the best player on the ice...? The hole Benilde team was focused on him and he gets no credit because of the team he plays on. His future at SC will be bright. 8)
Is the hole Benilde team anything like the whole Benilde team?

I'm curious to hear your insight on this.
The U invented swagger.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

No answer, so you pick out a word that's not spelled right....????? Put the pocket protector away Eugene! ](*,)