University of Minnesota new head coach?

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bulldog14411

Post by bulldog14411 »

defense wrote:Here's why: Mike Tice, Tim Brewster, even Brad Childress, the ballot is out on Richardson.... Minnesota has had way too many unknown coaches in major sports. None of the above really proved anything before they were hired or after. I think we, Minnesota sports fans deserve more at this point.
The basketball coach for the gophers is pretty unknown too.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
BeerBibleBullets

Post by BeerBibleBullets »

Hate to say, but I think its time we look in a new direction. No reason we should lose to BSU or be swept by UMD. Program has slipped for some reason.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

behonestbenice wrote:How can you even argue with have Coach Lucia as our coach.
One of the winningest coachs Natioanl Championships, top recruits all the time yearafter year. He is success and first class on and off the ice.
Year in and Year out everyone in the country is gunning for u because you are the GOPHERS. Why mess with success.
The above quote is from Ryan Walters dad. I wonder if he feels the same way now?
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Big year ahead for tDon. Walters or not, he's got to turn the machine around. :twisted:
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

flatontheice wrote:
One of the winningest coachs Natioanl Championships, top recruits all the time yearafter year. He is success and first class on and off the ice.
Year in and Year out everyone in the country is gunning for u because you are the GOPHERS. Why mess with success.
The above quote is from Ryan Walters dad. I wonder if he feels the same way now?
Looks more like a 7th grader than Ryan Walters dad.
The U invented swagger.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
flatontheice wrote:
Looks more like a 7th grader than Ryan Walters dad.
The time for change is upon us!!!!! Now Mr. Maturi!!!
BeerBibleBullets

This is a year in which decisions will be made. No reason we should finish in the bottom half of the conference 3 or 4 years in a row.
BeerBibleBullets

Guentzel, Blais, the guy from Miami OH?

Cant be losing to UN-O...
218-to-State

Post by 218-to-State »

Lucia gets all the credit for the repeat National Championships, but in fact, the guys he coached were brought in by Mr. Woog. Not only that, but the kids we had those years had played together for a couple years. The teams we have now are just a bunch of talented guys getting together to play for a year. Example: Bjugstad; If he stayed even through his Junior year he could be the best player in the country, but the U has to realize that the coach needs to be held accountable for keeping kids in the program and give them the impression that their team can compete for a Nat'l Ship year in and year out.
BeerBibleBullets

I can hardly contain myself after last night. I can deal with "a few" down years in football. Not so much here.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

It's time!!! Mike Ramsey????
plunk

Post by plunk »

I say keep Lucia as coach. As a SIOUX fan, I love seeing all the primadona's recruited by the Gopher's every year and the coach can't do anything with them. Also as a SIOUX fan, I would hate to see a quality coach like Dean Blaise head to the Gopher's.
mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

plunk wrote:I say keep Lucia as coach. As a SIOUX fan, I love seeing all the primadona's recruited by the Gopher's every year and the coach can't do anything with them. Also as a SIOUX fan, I would hate to see a quality coach like Dean Blaise head to the Gopher's.
Maybe they should hire Tie Domi so we can have a team that has 6 major's in 12 games. I'm sure Domi and Hak would be on the same playing field. Actually, i hate to put Domi in that company.

But Hak does win...