BSU Beavers!

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

BSU Beavers!

Post by elliott70 »

Congrats to the Beavers!

Perhaps this will lock them into the WCHA.
D16Dad

Post by D16Dad »

Second That!!!
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

third that!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Absolutely. Bring them (and Air Force) into the WCHA.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Hilltopper99

Post by Hilltopper99 »

east hockey wrote:Absolutely. Bring them (and Air Force) into the WCHA.

Lee
Hadn't thought about Air Force as a potential member (focusing more on the midwest) but that is a really good idea - another Colorado team to intensify rivalries.
Dit Clapper

Post by Dit Clapper »

Air Force has expressed that they have no interest in going to the WCHA. Probably cuz they dont wanna compete in such a good conference. I don't agree at all with a Colorado team being in the AHA.

Props to Bemidji, a job well done. Watching these games it didnt even look like a miracle that they won, they played like the team that should have won. If they play like they this in DC, they are a serious contender.
If this doesn't give Bemidji a lock into the WCHA, I will boycott all WCHA games.

Here are my thoughts for repositioning the conferences.

1. Bring Northern Michigan back into the WCHA and add Bemidji also. This will give you a 12 team WCHA.
2. Niagara and Robert Morris are already accepted into the AHA giving the AHA 12 teams as well.
3. Put Alabama-Huntsville into the CCHA to replace Northern Michigan. This would result in a 12 team CCHA like it has always been.

There would be four 12 team conferences and one 10 team conference. I don't like the idea of that many teams in a conference but its better than an 11 team WCHA.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

Congrats to BSU! Tom (Ernie) has done a nice job putting that team together and keeping them focused!
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Congrats to BSU, now finish her off!!!
defense

Post by defense »

Dit Clapper wrote:Air Force has expressed that they have no interest in going to the WCHA. Probably cuz they dont wanna compete in such a good conference. I don't agree at all with a Colorado team being in the AHA.

Props to Bemidji, a job well done. Watching these games it didnt even look like a miracle that they won, they played like the team that should have won. If they play like they this in DC, they are a serious contender.
If this doesn't give Bemidji a lock into the WCHA, I will boycott all WCHA games.

Here are my thoughts for repositioning the conferences.

1. Bring Northern Michigan back into the WCHA and add Bemidji also. This will give you a 12 team WCHA.
2. Niagara and Robert Morris are already accepted into the AHA giving the AHA 12 teams as well.
3. Put Alabama-Huntsville into the CCHA to replace Northern Michigan. This would result in a 12 team CCHA like it has always been.

There would be four 12 team conferences and one 10 team conference. I don't like the idea of that many teams in a conference but its better than an 11 team WCHA.

You likely have the best idea, however,... I think that each conference has their own say in who they have in and not, the NCAA (wich would have to implement such an alignment) really has NO say in who goes where.

WCHA schools: let the BEAVERS in!!!! it will be sad when they'll be forced to drop out of division 1.....
Dit Clapper

Post by Dit Clapper »

You are right defense, it would be nice tho if the NCAA could step in to help keep some of these programs around in Div. 1 hockey.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

I heard BSU's entry into the WCHA is likely a no-go this time around because no one else besides them got their paperwork in. I did hear something about a second date or extension in hopes of getting one or more other intersted parties to finish their homework.
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

Go Beavers!!!!
The game according to ESPN will be broadcast on ESPN 2HD starting at 5PM today. Hope to see them play Saturday, that will be on ESPN.
Dit Clapper

Post by Dit Clapper »

CasseauCougar wrote:I heard BSU's entry into the WCHA is likely a no-go this time around because no one else besides them got their paperwork in. I did hear something about a second date or extension in hopes of getting one or more other intersted parties to finish their homework.
I sure hope this isnt true, we are talking about a team that is probably better than MTU, UAA, and probably MSU, and they can give any other team a run for their money. they took UND into OT and beat SCSU....oh ya they beat the Irish too. Put them into the WCHA please
D16Dad

Post by D16Dad »

greybeard58 wrote:Go Beavers!!!!
The game according to ESPN will be broadcast on ESPN 2HD starting at 5PM Eastern today. Hope to see them play Saturday, that will be on ESPN.
defense

Post by defense »

CasseauCougar wrote:I heard BSU's entry into the WCHA is likely a no-go this time around because no one else besides them got their paperwork in. I did hear something about a second date or extension in hopes of getting one or more other intersted parties to finish their homework.
According to the Fargo Forum in today's edition, The Minnesota State University of Moorhead has and is exploring fielding a division 1 hockey team. They would play in Fargo's new arena, the Urban Plains Center, managers of the arena have said they could handle a Dragon hockey team. The University president is looking for at least $10 million before they will move forward and ......... conference affiliation. Affiliation specifically with the WCHA. A long shot yes. Impossible, not any more.
BeerBibleBullets

Post by BeerBibleBullets »

Congrats to BSU on a nice run.