Schroeder signs with Vancouver

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lucia4President
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am
Location: Duluth

Schroeder signs with Vancouver

Post by Lucia4President » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Schroeder is passing up his final two years of collegiate eligibility for the pros. He'll play in the AHL this year I'm sure.

Here is the link: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
HOUNDS

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Re: Schroeder signs with Vancouver

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Lucia4President wrote:Schroeder is passing up his final two years of collegiate eligibility for the pros. He'll play in the AHL this year I'm sure.

Here is the link: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
And next year, and the year after,and the year after, and the year after, and the year and the year after....

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Re: Schroeder signs with Vancouver

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 pm

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Lucia4President wrote:Schroeder is passing up his final two years of collegiate eligibility for the pros. He'll play in the AHL this year I'm sure.

Here is the link: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
And next year, and the year after,and the year after, and the year after, and the year and the year after....
:lol:

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Re: Schroeder signs with Vancouver

Post by wbmd » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 pm

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Lucia4President wrote:Schroeder is passing up his final two years of collegiate eligibility for the pros. He'll play in the AHL this year I'm sure.

Here is the link: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
And next year, and the year after,and the year after, and the year after, and the year and the year after....
Excellent chance that you are correct.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:41 pm

"There is nothing wrong with being a career AHL guy. Lots of potential for big tax free money over in Europe too. Get a couple games in the NHL, have a cup of coffee and realize your limitations," should be the Don's parting shot, I mean words.

CanadianTuxedo
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Hungry? Why wait...

Post by CanadianTuxedo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 pm

starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Excellent hockey player and his "stock" is high. Watching the world juniors and gopher games (huge difference) you would see his potential. He would stay if the Gophers had a bright future next year, but the clouds are out. I don't blame him for leaving the gophers at the top of his game and healthy. Plus he knows and we know he'll have better development and coaching with the Canucks.

Best of luck, Jordan.

BlaineJGA
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by BlaineJGA » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

That is the best thing for the gophers. I have heard rumors that he was a problem child in the locker room. I hope things change for the gophers next year.

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 am

BlaineJGA wrote:That is the best thing for the gophers. I have heard rumors that he was a problem child in the locker room. I hope things change for the gophers next year.
Not to mention he didn't do much in the later half of the season

BodyShots
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Hungry? Why wait...

Post by BodyShots » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:11 am

CanadianTuxedo wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Excellent hockey player and his "stock" is high. Watching the world juniors and gopher games (huge difference) you would see his potential. He would stay if the Gophers had a bright future next year, but the clouds are out. I don't blame him for leaving the gophers at the top of his game and healthy. Plus he knows and we know he'll have better development and coaching with the Canucks.

Best of luck, Jordan.
If 9 goals is playing at the top of his game, I'm glad to see him go. It will be nice to see someone actaully skate the puck into the offensive zone for once. I'm tired of watching the proverbial, get to the blue line and coast!

CanadianTuxedo
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Hungry? Why wait...

Post by CanadianTuxedo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

BodyShots wrote:
CanadianTuxedo wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Excellent hockey player and his "stock" is high. Watching the world juniors and gopher games (huge difference) you would see his potential. He would stay if the Gophers had a bright future next year, but the clouds are out. I don't blame him for leaving the gophers at the top of his game and healthy. Plus he knows and we know he'll have better development and coaching with the Canucks.

Best of luck, Jordan.
If 9 goals is playing at the top of his game, I'm glad to see him go. It will be nice to see someone actaully skate the puck into the offensive zone for once. I'm tired of watching the proverbial, get to the blue line and coast!
Did you not see him play in the world juniors? (No you didn't) Team USA had way better talent he played with (something the Gophers lacked). Hence him playing way better than he did with MN.

He had 9 G and 19 A for 28 points, most assists and tied for most points by the Gophers. So in the right mind set you wouldn't want one of your top point guys to leave his sophomore year.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2416
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

They had to pull this kid out of college in order to get him some development. If you have any talent at all to go beyond college a kid should think twice about going to the U of M under the current staff.

totaldominance
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 am

Post by totaldominance » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

I think the reason jordan is leaving the gophers is because hes not getting any better. He has leveled out with the gophers and he needs to go to the next best level and get better there...

Mark my words Schroeder will be a great NHL player

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:38 pm

totaldominance wrote:I think the reason jordan is leaving the gophers is because hes not getting any better. He has leveled out with the gophers and he needs to go to the next best level and get better there...

Mark my words Schroeder will be a great NHL player
Archived

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by wbmd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:12 pm

totaldominance wrote:I think the reason jordan is leaving the gophers is because hes not getting any better. He has leveled out with the gophers and he needs to go to the next best level and get better there...

Mark my words Schroeder will be a great NHL player
In his dreams Schroeder will be a great NHL player.

Realistically, I highly doubt that he will even be close to being a great NHL player. He'll be lucky if he does make it in the NHL with regular games and shifts - that is if he even makes the NHL at all.

For one thing, he's too small and will get drilled quite easily.

High Flyer
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 am

Post by High Flyer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:38 pm

High Flyer wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???
That is for time spent in the NHL. What are his AHL terms?

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by wbmd » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:48 pm

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???
That is for time spent in the NHL. What are his AHL terms?
The NHL is where Schroeder will not spend much time at all.

High Flyer
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 am

Post by High Flyer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???
That is for time spent in the NHL. What are his AHL terms?
Schroeder signed a three-year/entry level contract that will pay him $900,000 per year while he is in the NHL and around $65,000-70,000 while in the minors, with signing bonus of $270,000.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:35 am

High Flyer wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???
That is for time spent in the NHL. What are his AHL terms?
Schroeder signed a three-year/entry level contract that will pay him $900,000 per year while he is in the NHL and around $65,000-70,000 while in the minors, with signing bonus of $270,000.
Duh. We already knew that but you only mentioned the blue sky NHL money the first time. So he left the U for 480,000 over three years.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:36 am

Plus entry levels are up to 925 now.

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by mulefarm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 am

I believe a signing bouns can only be 10% of 1st year salary. So is bonus was $90,000.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 am

mulefarm wrote:I believe a signing bouns can only be 10% of 1st year salary. So is bonus was $90,000.
10% of each of the three years. The 270,000 is correct.

High Flyer
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 am

Post by High Flyer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:48 am

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sad to see. Not sure why he would do this....
Maybe a entry level contract worth 2.7 million dollars over three years???
That is for time spent in the NHL. What are his AHL terms?
Schroeder signed a three-year/entry level contract that will pay him $900,000 per year while he is in the NHL and around $65,000-70,000 while in the minors, with signing bonus of $270,000.
Duh. We already knew that but you only mentioned the blue sky NHL money the first time. So he left the U for 480,000 over three years.
480,000 minium with the opportunity to make significant more if he moves up anytime during the next three years.

So which program do you think will do a better job of getting him to "his next level", Gophers or Moose??

EHSHack
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by EHSHack » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 am

He played great during World Juniors.
Go Hounds.

Post Reply