One step closer to Big Ten Hockey Conference

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Locked
JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 pm

no97, your response was articulate and educated. Something wayoutwest is incapable of. Your understanding of teh business aspect and the dollars and sense of things is right on target. Again something wayoutwest could not possibly hope to ever grasp. There is no point in continuing as he is incapable of any real insight or anything remotely clsoe to an educated response.

PuckU126
Posts: 3768
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:15 pm

JSR wrote:no97, your response was articulate and educated. Something wayoutwest is incapable of. Your understanding of teh business aspect and the dollars and sense of things is right on target. Again something wayoutwest could not possibly hope to ever grasp. There is no point in continuing as he is incapable of any real insight or anything remotely clsoe to an educated response.
*

8)
The Puck
LGW

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 pm

JSR wrote:no97, your response was articulate and educated. Something wayoutwest is incapable of. Your understanding of teh business aspect and the dollars and sense of things is right on target. Again something wayoutwest could not possibly hope to ever grasp. There is no point in continuing as he is incapable of any real insight or anything remotely clsoe to an educated response.
What, in the world, ever made you think you had the tools to possibly know?
Absurd.
And if you believe no97's response was "articulate and educated", that speaks volumes, indeed.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Mon May 02, 2011 4:07 pm

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote:no97, your response was articulate and educated. Something wayoutwest is incapable of. Your understanding of teh business aspect and the dollars and sense of things is right on target. Again something wayoutwest could not possibly hope to ever grasp. There is no point in continuing as he is incapable of any real insight or anything remotely clsoe to an educated response.
What, in the world, ever made you think you had the tools to possibly know?
Absurd.
And if you believe no97's response was "articulate and educated", that speaks volumes, indeed.
Yep..... :oops:

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: One step closer to Big Ten Hockey Conference

Post by JSR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

WayOutWest wrote:Nonsense.
Good for Penn State. It is about time they get a hockey program.
But to imply that such would drive the creation of a Big 10 conference is ludicrous. What about the other Big 10 schools that don't have significant hockey programs.......Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, and now even Nebraska? Ignore them?
The WCHA isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. I doubt many of the others are either. There are hockey rivalries there that are not superceded by a perceived need to coordinate conferences across other sports.

Good luck, Penn State. But this is going to take QUITE awhile.
Sorry but I had to bring back this classic post from WoW (this is back right when PSU announced it was going D1 in hockey)..... his lack of insight and intelligence was just absolutely astounding even for a message board forum...........

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Re: One step closer to Big Ten Hockey Conference

Post by WayOutWest » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 am

JSR wrote:
Sorry ......
Yes, you're "sorry" alright, and you must also be twelve, or 75, with nothing better to do. You've been lurking, for THIS long, waiting to bring this up again? Hilarious. I must really have hurt your feelings, badly.

Sure, I'll give you that the BIG10 conference is going to happen (obviously), but I wouldn't go trumpeting that as a big win, just yet, Gramps. Penn State has played a laughable schedule of opponents, which is understandable for a first year program. But let's not point to their progress as a success just yet, based on such.
I don't think you want to hold up Michigan State, Michigan or even Ohio State as examples of how stellar this conference will be, either.
On the other side of the coin, the WCHA currently holds down 5 of the top 10 spots in the D1 hockey rankings. Michigan? Michigan State? Ohio State? Penn State? They cannot even crack the top 20. The WCHA is the premier conference in D1 hockey. The BIG10 conference will be a joke, comparatively.

While you are digging up old posts, go ahead and dig up some of YOUR ridiculous assertations. There area pile of them to choose from. Personally, I have neither the time or inclination to spend on such trivialities, but it appears that you do.

Looking forward to those Penn State/Gopher tilts, upcoming. Scalped ticket prices will be very inexpensive. Do you think they'll hand out pillows, at Mariucci, for those that are bound to nod off?

Good luck, and...............obtain some semblance of a life, JSR.

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 pm

JSR wrote:
personally I am excited for it as a Badger fan. I love the rivalries with Denver, UND and Minne but frankly, outside of those I don;t really care abotu any of the other conference games to the degree that I would miss having them. In fact I much rather look forward ot the idea of home at home, year in year out rivalries with Michigan and Mihcigan State and Ohio State and Minnsota over Benidhi, or Michigan Tech or MS St-Mankato or St Cloud State etc.....

Look for the BTHC to come very very soon and look for it to be a great addition to college hockey that many of us fans will greatly embrace.
Yes, I can see how you would relish watching such quality matchups agains the likes of the 4th, 8th, and last place teams in the CCHA, over the likes of the 7th (UND), 8th (SCSU), and 9th (Mankato) ranked teams in the country. That makes perfect sense................to you. :roll:

The National Hockey Conference is going to OWN the BIG10 conference, next year. That is just embarrassing, for the schools that initiated this big re-org. :oops:

Oh well, at least the Gophers will get an automatic entry into the NCAA's on a yearly basis. It's a pity they won't be getting much prep-work, in the BIG10.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:33 am

Why don't you email the big ten commissioner and the presidents of all big ten teams? That's probably who you should complain to. There are only 3 teams that MOST gopher fans will miss playing; St. Cloud, North Dakota, and UMD. Denver, cc, mankato, Omaha, Bemidji, Alaska, and tech don't do much for me either way.

Wasn't St. Cloud and mankato just some of the worst teams in the wcha last year even or a few years ago? Hockey changes year to year. So are you calling mankato a powerhouse every year? If the gophers lose haula, budish, bjugstad, helgy, and Schmidt they may struggle s bit next year too.

It's funny how you make fun of the guy, then you write back to back posts. I bet you are the guy that loves to argue about anything and everything.

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Why don't you email the big ten commissioner and the presidents of all big ten teams? That's probably who you should complain to. There are only 3 teams that MOST gopher fans will miss playing; St. Cloud, North Dakota, and UMD. Denver, cc, mankato, Omaha, Bemidji, Alaska, and tech don't do much for me either way.

Wasn't St. Cloud and mankato just some of the worst teams in the wcha last year even or a few years ago? Hockey changes year to year. So are you calling mankato a powerhouse every year? If the gophers lose haula, budish, bjugstad, helgy, and Schmidt they may struggle s bit next year too.

It's funny how you make fun of the guy, then you write back to back posts. I bet you are the guy that loves to argue about anything and everything.
JSR,.....er.....I mean Tigers, I hadn't written or "argued about anything and everything" for a solid year. What the heck are you talking about? You........I mean JSR, sat in the weeds for a year.......a YEAR, and decided to throw this garbage out there again, in a feeble attempt to incite. And you find fault in ME? Hilarious.
It is clear that the WCHA is a stronger conference today, than the BigTen conference would have been. It is clear that the National Collegiate Hockey Conference, next year, with numerous current WCHA teams, will own the BigTen Conference next year. Do things change? Sure, and hopefully that will be the case for the BigTen Conference. But in at least the short term, this will represent a big downturn in competition for Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Absolutely, most Gopher fans will miss playing against UND, UMD, and SCSU. You'd be remiss if you discounted Denver, who has given the Gophers hugely competitive series, for years. And yes, Mankato is even fun for the U, with home and home series and fans travelling between sites. The Gopher/UND series may be the most popular series in D1 hockey, today. It is shameful to toss that aside in favor of Michigan State?? Oh boy.
Lastly, if you...........er I mean JSR, is tired of me arguing, let a sleeping dog lie. It worked for a year, right? Otherwise, hike up your frilly pants and stop whining. And for crying out loud, stop with the multiple online "personalities" already. Talk about dwelling on the same old schtick!!! :shock: Oh my.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 am

WayOutWest wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Why don't you email the big ten commissioner and the presidents of all big ten teams? That's probably who you should complain to. There are only 3 teams that MOST gopher fans will miss playing; St. Cloud, North Dakota, and UMD. Denver, cc, mankato, Omaha, Bemidji, Alaska, and tech don't do much for me either way.

Wasn't St. Cloud and mankato just some of the worst teams in the wcha last year even or a few years ago? Hockey changes year to year. So are you calling mankato a powerhouse every year? If the gophers lose haula, budish, bjugstad, helgy, and Schmidt they may struggle s bit next year too.

It's funny how you make fun of the guy, then you write back to back posts. I bet you are the guy that loves to argue about anything and everything.
JSR,.....er.....I mean Tigers, I hadn't written or "argued about anything and everything" for a solid year. What the heck are you talking about? You........I mean JSR, sat in the weeds for a year.......a YEAR, and decided to throw this garbage out there again, in a feeble attempt to incite. And you find fault in ME? Hilarious.
It is clear that the WCHA is a stronger conference today, than the BigTen conference would have been. It is clear that the National Collegiate Hockey Conference, next year, with numerous current WCHA teams, will own the BigTen Conference next year. Do things change? Sure, and hopefully that will be the case for the BigTen Conference. But in at least the short term, this will represent a big downturn in competition for Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Absolutely, most Gopher fans will miss playing against UND, UMD, and SCSU. You'd be remiss if you discounted Denver, who has given the Gophers hugely competitive series, for years. And yes, Mankato is even fun for the U, with home and home series and fans travelling between sites. The Gopher/UND series may be the most popular series in D1 hockey, today. It is shameful to toss that aside in favor of Michigan State?? Oh boy.
Lastly, if you...........er I mean JSR, is tired of me arguing, let a sleeping dog lie. It worked for a year, right? Otherwise, hike up your frilly pants and stop whining. And for crying out loud, stop with the multiple online "personalities" already. Talk about dwelling on the same old schtick!!! :shock: Oh my.
I find it ironic that you believe you are so far "above all this" and that you think I was lurking. Actually it is hilarious how easily it was for you to jump right back into this. I merely reposted something I had remembered because I thought it was hilarious how wrong you have been about everything and how everything I said would happen is happening exactly how I said it would happen yet you continue to try and redirect your arguments because every single one of them has been out right jibberish.... Second it actually hasn't been a year since you"argued about anything and everything" apparently math is not your strong suit as I have seen ample examples of you being argumentative on this forum in the high school section over the course of the last month. A solid year means 12 months or longer, it has barely been but a few weeks just in this forum....LOL..... Third I find it hilarious that you think Tigers and myself are the same poster. I assure you we are not and there is ample evidence to back that, it just so happens people with a grasp of reality and logic tend to agree with eachother but your ability to comprehend reality has never been your strong suit as this thread indicates........ Last the BTHC is a long term project not a one year thing. The new NCHC will eb pretty good next year, or atleast probably will be. If we take this years teams and then apply next years alignments the KRACH rankings look like this for the conferences:

KRACH avg conf rankings 2013-14
1 NCHC 181.988
2 HEA 147.209
3 B1G 137.967
4 ECAC 135.042
5 WCHA 96.87
6 AH 59.9

Compare that to this years real rankings:
KRACH avg conf ratings
1 WCHA 162.392
2 HEA 141.85
3 ECAC 135.042
4 CCHA 131.091
5 AH 59.9
6 Ind 31.25

and actually the BTHC actually doesn't look too bad considering there are only 6 teams and PSU and MSU are two of them...... but why don't we rvisit this in a few short years, like 3 or 4 and see what direction things are going then....... I don't think your argument will hold any more water than any of the rest of your useless arguments have and you will continue to play the part of the fool in this saga.......

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

JSR wrote:
I find trouble with everything.......
Oh boy, it's "JSR's" turn.
Do you ever get confused with your "persona's?"
Rhetorical question. You get confused with just about everything.

Thanks for doing the "research" into the ratings. They'd only prove my point, but you missed that. And you speak of irony?

Regardless of all of that, what is truly alarming is your incessant stalking of me. I'm starting to wonder about your "intentions", and frankly, I am very disturbed by them. :shock:
Please do revisit this in another three years, when you think you've proven your point. I am sure you'll be sitting in mama's basement........waiting.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 am

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote:
I find trouble with everything.......
Oh boy, it's "JSR's" turn.
Do you ever get confused with your "persona's?"
Rhetorical question. You get confused with just about everything.

Thanks for doing the "research" into the ratings. They'd only prove my point, but you missed that. And you speak of irony?

Regardless of all of that, what is truly alarming is your incessant stalking of me. I'm starting to wonder about your "intentions", and frankly, I am very disturbed by them. :shock:
Please do revisit this in another three years, when you think you've proven your point. I am sure you'll be sitting in mama's basement........waiting.
Typical and just the incoherent rambling I would have expected. Classic, always appreciate the dancing monkey entertainment you provide WoW..... and it's not stalking, you made an obsurd comment and on message boards all you have to do is click on a link and it instantly tells you the info to refute, but you wouldn't be smart enough to realize that.... a good laugh is what the doctor ordered on gray snowy days like this while sitting at my desk in my office. Mental breaks like this are great, I don't even have to think to outwit the likes of you, it's very relaxing

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:10 am

JSR wrote:....and it's not stalking, you made an obsurd comment and on
"Obsurd:, indeed. :oops:
That seals it. You are twelve.
Back to Mama's basement, Skippy.
But hey, ping me again in another 3 or 4 years.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am

Wayoutwest - all I am is a big hockey fan, mainly college and high school. I am not here to continue this argument because all I hear is how you never stop.

All I will say is read the new addition of let's play hockey. Lincoln, Nebraska is opening up a 16,000 seat arena in the next year. It will be equipped for hockey. So yes I think there is strong speculation that Nebraska could have hockey in 5 years.

Do u think as a fan I want them to play penn state 4 times and such. No!! But I know it's about money. Everything is always about money. Personally i think this will grow the game, it's just an opinion.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote:....and it's not stalking, you made an obsurd comment and on
"Obsurd:, indeed. :oops:
That seals it. You are twelve.
Back to Mama's basement, Skippy.
But hey, ping me again in another 3 or 4 years.
The only basement dwellar here is you WoW. You been shown to be incompetent at every turn in this argument and you change your argument every time one of your inane and ABSURD comments gets proven wrong (I guess you've never made a typo on the board but way to go moron on trying to redirect the argument with spelling :roll: ). Which is pretty much every time you type on this forum. Now back to your basement and maybe your mom will let you watch an extra hour of TV........ :oops: You do realize you could have avoided all this but you just conitnue to dig your self deeper and deeper and deeper but I do enjoy the show

Locked