new conferences good for college hockey?

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Mr. Negatice, is that naughtey or nice?

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:29 pm

mulefarm wrote:Mr. Negatice, is that naughtey or nice?
:D :shock: :D

Webster's doesn't recognize this term. The popular slang dictionaries also return no matches.

It appears there was a mixture of plural and singular tense in the statement as well, but that may be dependent upon the definition of the term.

The most likely explanation is that it is fictitious, which fits the profile of he who employed it. :D

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:40 pm

east hockey wrote:I would say Sherlock Holmes' job is safe here. :mrgreen:

Lee
The site admin's might not be so locked up, though. :D :D

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 pm

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

karl(east) wrote:Image
Extra butter please.

8)
The Puck
LGW

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Pass the licorice too please East and Puck :)

JSR

Post by JSR » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:08 pm

So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney. I suspect as long as Mark Osiecki is the coach at tOSU that the Buckeyes are going to be a real force in college hockey. Penn State will take a couple years to get their traction but if they get a good coach in their anything is possible as they are in a recruiting hotbed where they are located. The conference is going to be an excellent conference with tremendous growth potential. Looking forward to seeing it unfold.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm

JSR wrote:So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney. I suspect as long as Mark Osiecki is the coach at tOSU that the Buckeyes are going to be a real force in college hockey. Penn State will take a couple years to get their traction but if they get a good coach in their anything is possible as they are in a recruiting hotbed where they are located. The conference is going to be an excellent conference with tremendous growth potential. Looking forward to seeing it unfold.
I believe they hired a coach last spring, he was form an eastern D1 school and is coaching their club team this year. Nate Jensen from Minnetonka is playing there.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 pm

JSR wrote:So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney. I suspect as long as Mark Osiecki is the coach at tOSU that the Buckeyes are going to be a real force in college hockey. Penn State will take a couple years to get their traction but if they get a good coach in their anything is possible as they are in a recruiting hotbed where they are located. The conference is going to be an excellent conference with tremendous growth potential. Looking forward to seeing it unfold.
Yawn! :-s
You spoke a bit too soon. (pssst.....that's why they play the REST of the season)
Let's see.....they're currently free-falling worse than any other team in college hockey. They haven't won in 2012, last claiming victory when they beat Robert Morris on December 30th!!!! ](*,)
It's a good thing the CCHA has Western Michigan and Ferris State, to provide some credibility for that conference.

BTHN = Excellent Conference????? Yeah,....sure. :^o

JSR

Post by JSR » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:30 am

WayOutWest wrote:
Yawn! :-s
You spoke a bit too soon. (pssst.....that's why they play the REST of the season)
Let's see.....they're currently free-falling worse than any other team in college hockey. They haven't won in 2012, last claiming victory when they beat Robert Morris on December 30th!!!! ](*,)
It's a good thing the CCHA has Western Michigan and Ferris State, to provide some credibility for that conference.

BTHN = Excellent Conference????? Yeah,....sure. :^o
I swore I wouldn't engage anymore but I can't let this one slide by, as of right this minute Western Michigan is 14-11-5 and ranked 19th in the pairwise while tOSU is 14-10-5 and ranked 12th in the pairwise but Western Michigan is who you are hitching your wagon to as an example of giving the CCHA credibility over tOSU.... Seriously, fact check before posting..... wait, nevermind, don;t, it makes it more fun for the rest of us when you don't :lol:

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:14 am

JSR wrote: I swore I wouldn't engage anymore but I can't let this one slide by, as of right this minute Western Michigan is 14-11-5 and ranked 19th in the pairwise while tOSU is 14-10-5 and ranked 12th in the pairwise but Western Michigan is who you are hitching your wagon to as an example of giving the CCHA credibility over tOSU.... Seriously, fact check before posting..... wait, nevermind, don;t, it makes it more fun for the rest of us when you don't :lol:
Way to focus on the miniscule and overlook the elephant in the room, goofball. :roll:

Here, I will spell it out for you............
Ohio State has not won in 10 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS is the program you hold up as an example of why the BTHC is going to be good.

Brilliant.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 am

JSR wrote: ..... Western Michigan is who you are hitching your wagon to as an example of giving the CCHA credibility over tOSU.... :
Dude, you conveniently forgot about Ferris State, who I mentioned, as well.
Can you do me a favor and "fact check" on them? Or, don't they support your contentions very well, so you opted to ignore them altogether? ](*,)

Nice work, detective! :oops:

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 am

Wayoutwest - you are joke that loves looking for arguments. Well 4 of Ohio State's losses in their 10 game stretch are to pathetic big ten conference teams by the name of Michigan and Michigan St.

By the looks of it there are 4 teams from the Big 10 currently in the top 14 in the pairwise. [b]This can and will obviously change[/b], but as of now thats what the facts are.

Currently out of the tournament are W. Michigan, No. Dakota, Denver, CC, and Miami. Oh Oh!!! NHC in trouble already? Nebraska-Omaha is 27th? Wow...Think the WCHA will take them back? How long has blais been there. I kind of expected his team to be in the final 4 the way people put bow down to him.

You always complain about the teams the gophers will now play. Well...I could care less that the Gophers play Michigan Tech, Denver, Colorado College, Alaska, and Nebrask-Omaha. The only teams that I enjoy the rilvary are North Dakota, Duluth, St. Cloud, and Wisconsin. I wont miss Mankato even, sure it is fun for them to play down there but up at Mariucci its no big thing to play Mankato. So I will take my chances that we still play those three teams besides Wisconsin.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 am

JSR wrote:So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney.
:lol: :lol: :roll: [-X =; ](*,) #-o

Dude, what happened to your impressive Ohio State squad? A single win in the last 14? Seriously? It doesn't get much worse than that. :oops:

Face it, Ohio State is run of the mill, at best. Actually, at the moment, they are one of the worst in D1 college hockey. Don't disparage the smaller programs in D-1 hockey. Many of them are making Ohio State look pretty bad, of late. 1 win in 14 is not an anomaly.

Does your alter-ego, Tigers33 have anything to add? :oops:

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 am

Osiecki is a very good coach that is in year 2 of a rebuilding project. I have little doubt he'll have them in pretty good shape in a few years. Even with the bad stretch of play, they are ahead of some pretty good programs in the pairwise rankings.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 am

Gopher Blog wrote:Osiecki is a very good coach that is in year 2 of a rebuilding project. I have little doubt he'll have them in pretty good shape in a few years. Even with the bad stretch of play, they are ahead of some pretty good programs in the pairwise rankings.
The pairwise rankings are a bit of a joke. I've seen teams move 5 places based on a single game, at THIS time of the year. And these were not huge upsets.
Seriously?

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Wayoutwest for president!!!

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Wayoutwest for president!!!
Why not? Obama had his turn. :wink: :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

JSR

Post by JSR » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 am

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote:So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney.
:lol: :lol: :roll: [-X =; ](*,) #-o

Dude, what happened to your impressive Ohio State squad? A single win in the last 14? Seriously? It doesn't get much worse than that. :oops:

Face it, Ohio State is run of the mill, at best. Actually, at the moment, they are one of the worst in D1 college hockey. Don't disparage the smaller programs in D-1 hockey. Many of them are making Ohio State look pretty bad, of late. 1 win in 14 is not an anomaly.

Does your alter-ego, Tigers33 have anything to add? :oops:
You are too funny. It's hilarious that NO ONE on this forum takes you seriously or backs you on anything but you make baseless claims about another completely different poster being my "alter ego". You have serious issues to be sure.

It's also hilarious that you try and ridicule the pairwise because it's an objective source that does not back your subject nonsense. All I know is tOSU is still ahead of several of the colleges that will make up the NHC in the pairwise and they're still ranked in the top 20. So iguess what EVERYONE is wondering is 'What is your point?" because you've done nothing to invalidate mine with this idiocy.... :roll: And for the record I never disparaqed any smaller schools I just have reported fact and reality of the college hockey landscape while you live in your fantasy world. Oh and one last thing, if you knew anything about college hockey you would know that tOSU has 19 freshman and sophmores on their roster, stretches like this happen to a very young team. Much like Wisconsin and their 20 frosh and sophmore IF they can keep those kids from leaving early they are going to be very good in the next year or two, very good indeed (note Schultz from WI is gone early but the rest should stay for both teams).....

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 pm

JSR wrote: 'What is your point?" .....I never disparaqed any smaller schools I just have reported fact and reality of the college hockey landscape.......tOSU has 19 freshman and sophmores on their roster, stretches like this happen to a very young team. ....
My point?
Invalidating yours.
But that was done weeks ago.

"Stretches like this happen to a very young team."
1 win in 14 games? That's quite a "stretch." How young are they? Freshmen and sophomores? In high school???? :lol:

Look Tiger.....er.....I mean JSR. Backpedal if you wish, but your pronouncement of OSU as a powerhouse was WAYYY premature, at best. That's the point. (I guess you missed it.)
And, it was WELLLLLL proven out, even greater than I imagined it would.

For the sake of this horrible idea called the BTHC, I hope OSU does improve. But right now, they are no better than most the small D1 programs. You don't need to take my word for that. Please merely refer to the standings and the results over the last 2+ months.

Cheers.

JSR

Post by JSR » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote: 'What is your point?" .....I never disparaqed any smaller schools I just have reported fact and reality of the college hockey landscape.......tOSU has 19 freshman and sophmores on their roster, stretches like this happen to a very young team. ....
My point?
Invalidating yours.
But that was done weeks ago.

"Stretches like this happen to a very young team."
1 win in 14 games? That's quite a "stretch." How young are they? Freshmen and sophomores? In high school???? :lol:

Look Tiger.....er.....I mean JSR. Backpedal if you wish, but your pronouncement of OSU as a powerhouse was WAYYY premature, at best. That's the point. (I guess you missed it.)
And, it was WELLLLLL proven out, even greater than I imagined it would.

For the sake of this horrible idea called the BTHC, I hope OSU does improve. But right now, they are no better than most the small D1 programs. You don't need to take my word for that. Please merely refer to the standings and the results over the last 2+ months.

Cheers.
Reading comprehension is obviously a problem, but not s surprising one. Who ever called tOSU a powerhouse. No one even insinuated that let alone said it. My statement was inr esponse to those folks (like your self) who ignorant called then weak and bottom of the barrel. You invalidated nothing, but you did make yourself look even dumber if that is even possible. So apparently you've missed the point and we are all STILL wondering what your point is since you clearly have no clue even... :oops:

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 pm

After Penn State is done with this Sandusky situation, will there be any money left to run an athletic program or even have a university?

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm

JSR wrote:
Reading comprehension is obviously a problem, but not s surprising one. Who ever called tOSU a powerhouse. No one even insinuated that let alone said it.
You are absolutely correct about comprehension. Unfortunately, you cannot even comprehend what you, yourself, had written.

"So much for Ohio State being a weak link inthe newly formed BTHC. If the season were to end today tOSU would be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney. I suspect as long as Mark Osiecki is the coach at tOSU that the Buckeyes are going to be a real force in college hockey. "

That's some nifty trumpeting.
And by the way, not to play spell check cop, but your posts are becoming atrocious. With all this Ohio State support, I might have thought you were an alum. But, it has become quite clear that you are not.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:47 am

JSR wrote:
All I know is tOSU is still ahead of several of the colleges that will make up the NHC in the pairwise and they're still ranked in the top 20.
OOOPS!!! :oops: :o
JSR wrote:
if you knew anything about college hockey you would know that tOSU has 19 freshman and sophmores on their roster, stretches like this happen to a very young team. Much like Wisconsin and their 20 frosh and sophmore
One win in the final 16 games for Ohio State. It is very difficult to do any worse than that. That's quite a "stretch."
Ohio State drops out of the top 20 in pairwise (duh), and still finishes ahead of Wisconsin, but the differences between these two teams, that you like to compare, could not be more stark. Wisconsin finishes with 3 wins out of their last 4 on the road, and are playing quite well. Ohio State, on the other hand, has been a train wreck, for months.

The only thing working in your favor, in this debate, is that Ohio State cannot lose any more, this year. Their season ended last night........with a whimper.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 pm

I'm not really sure why there is a ton of focus on current performance anyway. Things are hardly going to look the same 5 years from now. Some teams get better, some take a step back.

As I mentioned earlier, Osiecki is a good coach just wrapping up Season #2 of a rebuilding project. I am sure he'll have them in pretty good shape in a few seasons.