NORTH DAKOTA

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

IS KRISTO A WUSS?

YES
11
50%
NO
11
50%
 
Total votes: 22

FREDFLINTSTONE
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 am

NORTH DAKOTA

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:08 pm

PLEASE ANSWER

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by mulefarm » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

No, if he was he would be playing for the rodents!

FREDFLINTSTONE
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 am

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

I thought maybe his feet were frozen yet....I guess too many cocktails lead to frost bite.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Very classy player though. Okay, I understand the sioux are dirty and physical. Thats fine. Dont act like that when you clearly get a chack from behind. People wonder why there is so much attention to check from behinds in hockey these days.

I hope you raise your kids like that mulefarm.

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by mulefarm » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Very classy player though. Okay, I understand the sioux are dirty and physical. Thats fine. Dont act like that when you clearly get a chack from behind. People wonder why there is so much attention to check from behinds in hockey these days.

I hope you raise your kids like that mulefarm.
Please don't post when you have been drinking. Just a simple yes or no.

warriors41
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by warriors41 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 am

I understand he took a bad checking from behind penalty in tonight's game. I'm glad it was called correctly but let's not pretend that everyone who is guilty of this penalty is cheap or is a "wussy". Let's not forget that the Gophers took a boarding call that could have been a five minute major and a dq. I've seen plays like that get called both ways...it depends on the the reffing crew on the ice that specific night. Ten or fifteen years ago the style of play the Sioux, excuse me, UND played was totally acceptable. Now the game has moved to such a finesse style that they are labeled cheap. They are the team that some teams want to model themselves after. They go all out every shift and play as physical as any team in the NCAA field. My hope is that BSU can play as well or can get the quality recruits that UND has come every year.

What impressed me was UND's grit even after losing one of their best players. Brock Nelson was every where tonight. He himself had three great opportunities in Minnesota's five minute major power play. No matter what team they play for, it's always great to see a great, hardworking kid get a huge, game winning goal for his team when they've worked their tail off the entire game. And yes, I'm biased towards any team playing against the Gophers, especially is that team is Bemidji State or UND!

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:29 am

The penalty is what it is. However, you can tell he got mad that he had the puck taken off his stick. So, he went in for a check from behind and led with his forearm to the kids head.

The part that upset me as my two kids watched the game was his poor behavior in the runway. You are a college kid. Take the penalty and get to the locker room. I had massive text messages from people completely shocked by his behavior afterwards. (From no dak fans and rodents)

This is the type of penalty and behavior that I wish college coaches and the league would crack down harder. Sit the kid for tonight! Make a message to the kid, the team, and the league. Until something happens at a higher level I dont anticipate much change from the high school level. These hits will continue over and over!

I have nothing wrong with the way the sioux play. They play hard and push teams around. However, you know this and I know this. They complain about every single call out there! I understand a lot of college players complain. But the first penalty was an obvious intereference, the kid whines to the ref. Kristo was a certain penalty, and he puts on a show for everyone. The kid gets a cross check on Rau not once but twice and he complains as well as Hakstol. If you are gonna play that style you have to expect penalties.

observer
Posts: 2227
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

It appeared to me ND was trying to draw a penalty in the last minutes. I never really liked that coaching tactic.

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 am
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am

People who know Kristo know he is immature and last night was a golden example of it. He was a total baby after getting called for a penalty that wasn't even questionable.

I watched some of the UMD-UNO game last night and Josh Archibald got a CFB major and a game misconduct for a very similar play. Yet he just skated off the ice and took his medicine like a man.

FREDFLINTSTONE
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 am

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 pm

warriors41 wrote:I understand he took a bad checking from behind penalty in tonight's game. I'm glad it was called correctly but let's not pretend that everyone who is guilty of this penalty is cheap or is a "wussy". Let's not forget that the Gophers took a boarding call that could have been a five minute major and a dq. I've seen plays like that get called both ways...it depends on the the reffing crew on the ice that specific night. Ten or fifteen years ago the style of play the Sioux, excuse me, UND played was totally acceptable. Now the game has moved to such a finesse style that they are labeled cheap. They are the team that some teams want to model themselves after. They go all out every shift and play as physical as any team in the NCAA field. My hope is that BSU can play as well or can get the quality recruits that UND has come every year.

What impressed me was UND's grit even after losing one of their best players. Brock Nelson was every where tonight. He himself had three great opportunities in Minnesota's five minute major power play. No matter what team they play for, it's always great to see a great, hardworking kid get a huge, game winning goal for his team when they've worked their tail off the entire game. And yes, I'm biased towards any team playing against the Gophers, especially is that team is Bemidji State or UND!
I guess I am a little miffed by his EP list as home town. Playing one year qualifies? He's too soft.

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by mulefarm » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 am

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:
warriors41 wrote:I understand he took a bad checking from behind penalty in tonight's game. I'm glad it was called correctly but let's not pretend that everyone who is guilty of this penalty is cheap or is a "wussy". Let's not forget that the Gophers took a boarding call that could have been a five minute major and a dq. I've seen plays like that get called both ways...it depends on the the reffing crew on the ice that specific night. Ten or fifteen years ago the style of play the Sioux, excuse me, UND played was totally acceptable. Now the game has moved to such a finesse style that they are labeled cheap. They are the team that some teams want to model themselves after. They go all out every shift and play as physical as any team in the NCAA field. My hope is that BSU can play as well or can get the quality recruits that UND has come every year.

What impressed me was UND's grit even after losing one of their best players. Brock Nelson was every where tonight. He himself had three great opportunities in Minnesota's five minute major power play. No matter what team they play for, it's always great to see a great, hardworking kid get a huge, game winning goal for his team when they've worked their tail off the entire game. And yes, I'm biased towards any team playing against the Gophers, especially is that team is Bemidji State or UND!
I guess I am a little miffed by his EP list as home town. Playing one year qualifies? He's too soft.
If he lives in EP, how could you be miffed. What don't you understand about the meaning of hometown?

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:04 am

Pure class by Ben Blood in the handshake last night. Things need to become more severe at the higher levels. Messages need to be sent. After Jablonski got injured everyone made comments about how stupid checking from behind is, and how it needs to stay out of the game.

Gophers/Siuox Friday night - Kristo forearm to the head, checking from behind, and a temper tantrum on his way off the ice. However, he is right back there game 2.

Gophers/Sioux Saturday night - Alt checking from behind. I didnt even see it but he should also be out the next game.

Ben Blood makes a scene in the handshake. I could careless if kids were talking trash, they all do!! Video clearly shows Blood intentionally goes after Rau which is about half his size. Not sure if Blood will sit the next game, but he should.

Penalties need to become more sever across the board.

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by mulefarm » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am

Players should miss games for checking from behind, absolutely no place for it in hockey! Kristo, Alt and Serratore should all be watching from the press box next weekend! The officals should have booted Serratore for his blatant hit from behind, maybe Alt would have thought twice!

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 am

And maybe none of it would have happened if Kristo got booted too, yet he scores the 2nd goal for No Dak. Their second offense the penalty should be more severe. It will be interesting to see what happens with Blood.

Very rarely do players fight in college hockey, but if they do you know they wont do it again cause the peanlty is more severe for their second fight.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:33 am

I couldnt agree with you more though mulefarm. There is no place for this stuff and the penalties need to be harsher!

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 am
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:38 am

North Dakota has a total lack of class. First Kristo and his baby-like rant and then Ben Blood embarrassed his team with a lack of sportsmanship in the hand shake line.

I doubt Mr. Middle Finger at head coach will discipline anybody though. That's why they behave like such idiots. No ramifications for it from their program's leadership.

PuckU126
Posts: 3768
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:North Dakota has a total lack of class. First Kristo and his baby-like rant and then Ben Blood embarrassed his team with a lack of sportsmanship in the hand shake line.

I doubt Mr. Middle Finger at head coach will discipline anybody though. That's why they behave like such idiots. No ramifications for it from their program's leadership.
That may be so, but the Gophers were not innocent angels during the series as well. Both teams lose discipline when they play one another.

8)
The Puck
LGW

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Never said the Gophers were innocent. However, I didnt see any of the Gophers completely embarrass themselves like Blood and Kristo. Did Alt break his stick in the hallway and than come back out to the bench just to scream F off to the ref's.

As a father of two, this is the stuff I wish would receive harsher penalties. These are my people my two kids watch, and I think its getting out of hand.

There is no reason Kristo should have played saturday...Blood should miss their next game...and Alt should miss the next game for the Gophers.

PuckU126
Posts: 3768
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Never said the Gophers were innocent.
Didn't bother to mention their shortcomings either, only UND's.

All I am saying is that both teams lowered themselves. Both teams had players that did stupid things. That's all.

8)
The Puck
LGW

observer
Posts: 2227
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Players reflect their coach's behavior.

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 am
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Never said the Gophers were innocent.
Didn't bother to mention their shortcomings either, only UND's.

All I am saying is that both teams lowered themselves. Both teams had players that did stupid things. That's all.

8)
Both teams "lowered themselves"? LOL! Yeah, the Gophers get penalties. All teams do. But there was nothing that the Gophs did to lower themselves to the idiotic behavior of Kristo and (especially) Blood.

UND can't control its emotions. We've seen that time and time again.

Edit - At least Hakstol was wise enough to take Blood's assistant captain tag away from him. Props to him for it.
Last edited by Gopher Blog on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PuckU126
Posts: 3768
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm

That's your biased opinion, and I am not going to dispute it.

I've seen that both teams become chippy against one another every game; that is what I was stating. We're obviously going to disagree so lets just move on.

8)
The Puck
LGW

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 am
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:51 pm

PuckU126 wrote:That's your biased opinion, and I am not going to dispute it.

I've seen that both teams become chippy against one another every game; that is what I was stating. We're obviously going to disagree so lets just move on.

8)
I don't disagree on chippy stuff. But that was never the contention. It is the general behavior that was being pointed out.

I give credit to Kristo for acknowledging his behavior and apologizing. Same with Hakstol stripping Blood's "A" from him and Blood admitting wrong. Hopefully lessons learned.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Puck UUUUUU - Which of the Gophers should apologize for their behavior? I think what every human being can see is that the sioux had a few players completely act immature and unprofessional. This attitude reflects their leader.

Will Blood be given a one game suspension?

PuckU126
Posts: 3768
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Puck UUUUUU - Which of the Gophers should apologize for their behavior? I think what every human being can see is that the sioux had a few players completely act immature and unprofessional. This attitude reflects their leader.

Will Blood be given a one game suspension?
I doubt Blood will be given a one game suspension, that's regardless if he plays for the UUUU :lol: or UND. (Unless there was something during the hand shake again - ie Joe Finley)

As for Gophers that need to apologize, none. Kristo needed to make a statement because his behavior was out of line. Besides that, the game was a typical UND, MN game (chippy).

8)
The Puck
LGW

Post Reply