WCHA Upickem Week 4

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

clutterbuck22

WCHA Upickem Week 4

Post by clutterbuck22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Nebraska Omaha At Michigan Tech= UNO Sweep
CC @ Wisconsin= Split
Minnesota State @/H vs. Minnesota= Minnesota Sweep
St. Cloud State @ Denver= Denver Sweep
Boston University @ UND= Split

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Nebraska Omaha At Michigan Tech= Split
CC @ Wisconsin= Wisconsin Sweep
Minnesota State @/H vs. Minnesota= Minnesota Sweep
St. Cloud State @ Denver= Denver Sweep
Boston University @ UND= UND Sweep

WildFan05

Post by WildFan05 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 am

Tough loss for the Gophers in Mankato. I thought Mankato played a good game. I also thought we'd see a bit more urgency out of the Gophers in the 3rd period though.

On another note I've really started to notice the play of Condon. I think he's an extremely underrated player, but sometimes it can be a good thing having players with that much talent being overshadowed by names like Bjugstad, Rau, and Haula. Thoughts?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:14 pm

WildFan05 wrote:Tough loss for the Gophers in Mankato. I thought Mankato played a good game. I also thought we'd see a bit more urgency out of the Gophers in the 3rd period though.

On another note I've really started to notice the play of Condon. I think he's an extremely underrated player, but sometimes it can be a good thing having players with that much talent being overshadowed by names like Bjugstad, Rau, and Haula. Thoughts?
I was very disappointed the Gophers came out so listless in the first period. They allowed a very determined MSU team to totally dominate, and if it weren't for Wilcox making several huge saves the Gophers could have easily been down by 4 or 5 goals at the end of one. But as down as I was about three-quarters into thay first period, my mood improved greatly when the Gophers (finally) picked up the pace and came back to tie it up. I liked the way the Gophers turned the tables on the Mavs by controlling the play for some pretty long stretches in the middle part of the game.

As the 3rd period was winding down I was pretty confident the Gophers would come away with at least one point. But then we saw yet another defensive breakdown which the Mavs took advantage of to win the game. I hope the Gophers learn from it.

Regarding Condon, I've become a big fan also. He has to be the fastest guy on the team, and he's also become a more complete hockey player this year. I do think Lucia still needs to find the right guy to play the other wing, as I'm not sure if Isackson is the right fit. I'm guessing it'll probably be Warning when he returns to the lineup...we'll see.

WildFan05

Post by WildFan05 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Wilcox is EXACTLY what kept the Gophers in that game. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger believer in him every game I watch him play.

I agree Condon has to be the fastest player on the Gophers squad this year. He's doing everything he can to contribute on the ice. He's everywhere, and aside from his drop pass to nobody lol I really didn't see him making any mistakes out there. He's definitely become a veteran leader, which we need more of.

What's the deal with Warning? I never heard any details on the injury. Anyone have a timeline on his return?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm

WildFan05 wrote:What's the deal with Warning? I never heard any details on the injury. Anyone have a timeline on his return?
To the best of knowledge no details of his injury situation have been made public. Hope he's OK and can return soon.