Big 10 conference

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Locked
Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Big 10 conference

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Wayoutwest...you seem quiet lately.

I just read that Illinois could be going division 1 in the near future. Look for more to follow.

Thoughts?

BodyShots
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Big 10 conference

Post by BodyShots » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 am

Tigers33 wrote:Wayoutwest...you seem quiet lately.

I just read that Illinois could be going division 1 in the near future. Look for more to follow.

Thoughts?
Are you stirring the pot? :wink:

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: Big 10 conference

Post by DrGaf » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Wayoutwest...you seem quiet lately.

I just read that Illinois could be going division 1 in the near future. Look for more to follow.

Thoughts?
About a year or so ago, I read an article somwhere that both Iowa and Indiana following suit as well. Apparently they already have club teams that play some kind of D3 schedule or something ... (my google skills failed me in trying to locate the article)
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6790
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by MNHockeyFan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 am

Three Big Ten teams now ranked in the Top 5 - quality over quantity!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/227740891.html

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:18 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:Three Big Ten teams now ranked in the Top 5 - quality over quantity!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/227740891.html
Tired subject, boys. #-o
Minnesota is the only Big Ten program that has a legitimate shot at the national championship, this year. Michigan is okay. The rest is extremely run-of-the-mill.
If the Big Ten is ever going to be the preeminent conference in D1 college hockey, it is going to need a whole lot more firepower than what is there today.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 am

WayOutWest wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Three Big Ten teams now ranked in the Top 5 - quality over quantity!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/227740891.html
Tired subject, boys. #-o
Minnesota is the only Big Ten program that has a legitimate shot at the national championship, this year. Michigan is okay. The rest is extremely run-of-the-mill.
If the Big Ten is ever going to be the preeminent conference in D1 college hockey, it is going to need a whole lot more firepower than what is there today.
Hilarious that WoW waited til now to chime in, notice he wasn't so vocal when there were so many BT teams in the top of the rankings, typical though... that said your statement is a joke about MN being the onlyteam with a shot.... Wisconsin is a historically slow strating but good finishing team with a ton of talent. Once they start getting it going like they always do in the second half of seasons they will have a legit shot at a national title as well.... Also, the Big Ten will be the pre-eminent conference in college hockey, you cannot expect it in the first year but it will happen it's only a matter of time..... can't wait for a few more BT schools to start programs, also only a matter of time

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6790
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 am

JSR wrote:Also, the Big Ten will be the pre-eminent conference in college hockey, you cannot expect it in the first year but it will happen it's only a matter of time..... can't wait for a few more BT schools to start programs, also only a matter of time
Agree what you say about the Big Ten eventually becoming the best conference, and hope you're right about more Big Ten schools joining for hockey. However at the last Blue Line Club meeting I posed the question to the Big Ten hockey commissioner, who was the guest speaker, and she said that currently she is not aware of any other school that is considering starting a DI hockey program. A little disappointing, but I do agree with you that it's likely going to happen at some point in the future....but it appears that it will be a few years. Until then, I like the Gophers' schedule which is balanced and leaves room for plenty of non-conference games.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
JSR wrote:Also, the Big Ten will be the pre-eminent conference in college hockey, you cannot expect it in the first year but it will happen it's only a matter of time..... can't wait for a few more BT schools to start programs, also only a matter of time
Agree what you say about the Big Ten eventually becoming the best conference, and hope you're right about more Big Ten schools joining for hockey. However at the last Blue Line Club meeting I posed the question to the Big Ten hockey commissioner, who was the guest speaker, and she said that currently she is not aware of any other school that is considering starting a DI hockey program. A little disappointing, but I do agree with you that it's likely going to happen at some point in the future....but it appears that it will be a few years. Until then, I like the Gophers' schedule which is balanced and leaves room for plenty of non-conference games.
No one is starting one next year so I am sure she is giving you the correct info, however from what I have heard Illinois is actively greasing the wheels to have it within five years... Also have heard Nebraska, Rutgers, Iowa and Indiana are entertainig the idea as a "within ten years" project, which sounds like a long time but really isn't if you think about it, the obvious driving force is "money" and that money of course would likely come from a few "mega-doners" so that is the uncertainty I am sure..... That would be exciting times if all those schools join the fold in the next decade... I also am surprisingly pleased with Wisconsin's schedule this year and the foreseeable future schedules.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Way out west...

I do believe Michigan and Minnesota are both in the top 5. :)

Where is North Dakota in the rankings?

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Way out west...

I do believe Michigan and Minnesota are both in the top 5. :)

Where is North Dakota in the rankings?
You picked out North Dakota, why? Because they appeared to support your point?
Are you not overlooking the elephant in the room? SCSU?

Wasn't it just two years ago that Ohio State was ranked #1 at Christmas, and then won exactly one game the rest of the year? Rankings don't mean a lot.

But, just to cut you a break, why don't you, (and your other moniker, JSR) and I place a wager.
If Michigan finishes higher than North Dakota, in the NCAA's, I'll not return to this forum.
If North Dakota finishes higher than Michigan, you leave. (both your monikers)

Deal?
Put up, or drop it.
This should be easy, right?

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:22 pm

WayOutWest wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Way out west...

I do believe Michigan and Minnesota are both in the top 5. :)

Where is North Dakota in the rankings?
You picked out North Dakota, why? Because they appeared to support your point?
Are you not overlooking the elephant in the room? SCSU?

Wasn't it just two years ago that Ohio State was ranked #1 at Christmas, and then won exactly one game the rest of the year? Rankings don't mean a lot.

But, just to cut you a break, why don't you, (and your other moniker, JSR) and I place a wager.
If Michigan finishes higher than North Dakota, in the NCAA's, I'll not return to this forum.
If North Dakota finishes higher than Michigan, you leave. (both your monikers)

Deal?
Put up, or drop it.
This should be easy, right?
Seriously, your still on the idea that Tigers and I are the same person.... we're not you moron, we just both find it fun to remind you of your grave mistakes.... You want to make a bet make one with Tigers he put forth the idea not me.... I have an even easier thing to do, you admit you were wrong and I was right (which is all fact based) and I'll leave you alone and drop it. (Won't speak for Tigers because again we are not the same person. For cryin out loud it's beyond easy to figure out and prove by the way, atleast for anyone with two licks of sense.....) Or you continue with your idiocy and I continue to ridicule until it's not fun anymore, but it's been fun for a while so who knows when that will be.... :lol:

WayOutWest
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:45 am

Post by WayOutWest » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 pm

JSR wrote: ....blather...............hissy fit.............false bravado...........protesting.....a bit too much.....:
Yawn!!

Chicken.

This forum must be your only semblance of a life, eh?
Color me surprised.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

WayOutWest wrote:
JSR wrote: ....blather...............hissy fit.............false bravado...........protesting.....a bit too much.....:
Yawn!!

Chicken.

This forum must be your only semblance of a life, eh?
Color me surprised.
I expected a nonsense, immature response and sure enough I was rewarded.... keep digging that hole you dug for yourself..... LOL, go back to your mom's basement and keep telling yoruself "your good enough, strong enough, and gosh darn your a good person"..... :lol:

Locked