GOPHERS 2014-2015

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
Tenoverpar
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm

GOPHERS 2014-2015

Post by Tenoverpar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Mine as well get this started.
Barring early departures what are the Gophers starting with:

RAU-FASCHING-BOYD
AMBROZ-CAMMARATA-KLOOS
GUERTLER-LETTIERI-REILLY C
REILLY R-WARNING- MICHAELSON-ISACKSON

REILLY M-SKJEI
BRODZINKSI-MARSHALL
BISCHOFF-

WILCOX-COYNE

I'd say the DON doesn't have much worries going into next season.
Any insight on the incoming class?

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Re: GOPHERS 2014-2015

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu May 01, 2014 6:28 am

Tenoverpar wrote:Mine as well get this started.
Barring early departures what are the Gophers starting with:

RAU-FASCHING-BOYD
AMBROZ-CAMMARATA-KLOOS
GUERTLER-LETTIERI-REILLY C
REILLY R-WARNING- MICHAELSON-ISACKSON

REILLY M-SKJEI
BRODZINKSI-MARSHALL
BISCHOFF-

WILCOX-COYNE

I'd say the DON doesn't have much worries going into next season.
Any insight on the incoming class?
From what I'm hearing they expect Glover and Collins to make the most immediate impact.

DmanDad1980
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by DmanDad1980 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Glover and Collins

Both Big D... fresh off U18 World Championship!!!

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 pm
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Sun May 04, 2014 8:30 pm

If Reilly and Skjei return (should know soon), they will be deep and talented on the blue line. No guarantee that Collins, Glover or Steven Johnson will see oodles of ice time. I'm sure there will be some kind of rotation early in the year with these new D men.

Don't overlook the Swedish kid at forward (Bristedt). I've heard really good things about him. It won't surprise me if he sees plenty of ice time.

DmanDad1980
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by DmanDad1980 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:If Reilly and Skjei return (should know soon), they will be deep and talented on the blue line. No guarantee that Collins, Glover or Steven Johnson will see oodles of ice time. I'm sure there will be some kind of rotation early in the year with these new D men.

Don't overlook the Swedish kid at forward (Bristedt). I've heard really good things about him. It won't surprise me if he sees plenty of ice time.
Agree w/ your comments... Don't want Reilly or Skjei to leave, think they could use another year at college, especially Reilly to get bigger and learn to use that body before going pro... Glover & Collins will present a nice problem... depth at D!

Forgot about the Swedish kid... That would be a nice additon to forwards!

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by DrGaf » Tue May 06, 2014 2:56 pm

So basically what I'm reading is that my beloved Gophers will:

- start the year ranked top 3
- end up number 1 for the better part of the year
- get the number 1 seed for the Big10 tourney and take 3rd.
- get a number 1 seed for the Frozen Four and lose in the semis.

/sigh

I hate being a Minnesota sports fan.

/facedesk
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

Bonin2121
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Boyd on the wing, and Warning on the fourth line? Where am I?

Sats81
Posts: 2734
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Sats81 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Bonin2121 wrote:Boyd on the wing, and Warning on the fourth line? Where am I?
lol. no doubt.

Tenoverpar
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm

f

Post by Tenoverpar » Mon May 12, 2014 4:21 pm

BONIN...I was just running off names in my head in no particular order or line..warning was not one of the first 9 names I thought of..

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat May 24, 2014 4:53 am

Gophers schedule released:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/260274091.html

P.S. Note the "note" at bottom about some game dates being tentative - tbd by BTN.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Gophers could be real potent if the trend continues...

Gophers men's hockey team not hurt by early departures yet

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...260497901.html

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm

My guess...

Fasching - Rau - warning
Cammarata - kloos - c. Reilly
Ambrosz - Boyd - b. Marshall
Liettieri - guertler - michaelson

Reilly - glover
Skjei - brodzinkski
Collins - bischoff

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon May 26, 2014 10:02 pm

There's no way I can safely predict, with any degree of accuracy, how the line combinations will end up. But one thing for sure: with the highly touted incoming freshman class and (hopefully) no early departures, there will be intense competition this year for playing time.

P.S. to Tigers33: I don't see Marshall being moved to forward. He made very good progress at D this past season, and I look for more of that to continue his senior year.

Bonin2121
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:11 am

Tigers33 wrote:My guess...

Fasching - Rau - warning
Cammarata - kloos - c. Reilly
Ambrosz - Boyd - b. Marshall
Liettieri - guertler - michaelson

Reilly - glover
Skjei - brodzinkski
Collins - bischoff
Rough spelling on some lol. Bristedt will be in the lineup. Also, no point to predict until departures are known.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 pm

This team will be better when Marshall isn't in the lineup. He might have improved, which I don't think he did, but it's easy to make strides when you have been so bad before that. I don't know how good Collins is but Marshall could and should be the odd D man out if Collins is better then him.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 pm

My sources are telling me the only one they are waiting for his Reilly. I hope he comes back and I hope my sources are true.

I think a lot of the word around the team is national championship favorites if they all come back.

Bc, Wisconsin, and union should all take a drop off.

Gopher Blog
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 pm
Contact:

Post by Gopher Blog » Wed May 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Tigers33 wrote:My sources are telling me the only one they are waiting for his Reilly. I hope he comes back and I hope my sources are true.
Your source on this is incorrect.

Bonin2121
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:My sources are telling me the only one they are waiting for his Reilly. I hope he comes back and I hope my sources are true.
Your source on this is incorrect.
The combination of this and your tweet the other night means... Unless I'm going crazy. I also acknowledge the risk that the last one's decision to leave could change other minds.

EDIT: Yup! Nice!

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 am

I have heard Reilly, fasching, skjei, and Rau are all coming back...is Wilcox the only questionable one.

Bonin2121
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't think your source is very good

DmanDad1980
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by DmanDad1980 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Was just looking at Gopher Hole website, and it reported that Gophers have received verbal commitment from Scott Reedy - another Shattuck St Marys player... played on Bantam T1 team this past year, scored 56 goals and had 125 points...
Prior Lake kid...

Anyone know more about this young man...? who made an excellent choice I might add... :D

Bonin2121
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Bonin2121 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Gopher Hole is awful. Stick to GPL. :wink:

Sats81
Posts: 2734
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Sats81 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Reilly confirmed he's coming back. Glad to hear. Personally, think it would have been a mistake for him to leave, or any of the others for that matter...Rau, Fasching, Brady, etc.

Sats81
Posts: 2734
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Sats81 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:05 pm

DmanDad1980 wrote:Was just looking at Gopher Hole website, and it reported that Gophers have received verbal commitment from Scott Reedy - another Shattuck St Marys player... played on Bantam T1 team this past year, scored 56 goals and had 125 points...
Prior Lake kid...

Anyone know more about this young man...? who made an excellent choice I might add... :D
Reedy is really good. Big for a kid his age (6'0" 180), skates very well, and can obviously score based on the numbers he put up.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:45 pm

My sources are inside sources so boning please tell me who I am wrong on?

Post Reply