Nick Seeler leaves UNO

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Nick Seeler leaves UNO

Post by Sats81 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:32 am

Per UNO press release, EP native and Wild draft pick has left UNO citing personal reasons.

MNHockeyFan

Re: Nick Seeler leaves UNO

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 am

Sats81 wrote:Per UNO press release, EP native and Wild draft pick has left UNO citing personal reasons.
There was also a short mention of this in the Star Tribune this morning.

boardguy1998

Post by boardguy1998 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Sats81 wrote:Per UNO press release, EP native and Wild draft pick has left UNO citing personal reasons.
Sounds like he will be joining the Gophers.

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:22 pm

boardguy1998 wrote:
Sounds like he will be joining the Gophers.
That's what I heard on the street too. :wink:

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Does he have to sit out a yr. Most of the time transfers only become practice players. Wild must not be interested in signing him, might be running out of options.

Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Ya he has to sit out a year but the Gophers are fine on D this year then lose Marshall, Reilly, and Skjei. It's a no brainer.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm

If true, wow...........

"Thanks for all the effort and time you took noticing me, recruiting me, and allowing me to play at UNO.
But I'm going somewhere else anyway. Sorry I took a spot that some other kid would have loved to have."

Loyalty = four letter word these days.

boardguy1998

Post by boardguy1998 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:49 pm

puckbreath wrote:If true, wow...........

"Thanks for all the effort and time you took noticing me, recruiting me, and allowing me to play at UNO.
But I'm going somewhere else anyway. Sorry I took a spot that some other kid would have loved to have."

Really?

So I assume you married the first girl you ever dated? Still have the first job you ever took?

The kid made a decision, for reasons only he knows, that he didn't want to be there anymore. Why can't a kid change his mind? How do we even know it was his choice to leave.

Pretty arrogant statement to assume you know what is going on, as it appears that no one does.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

What color is the sky in your world????? Do you have any clue as to the situation? (no) How can you have any idea as to why this happened? (you don't)

This is a huge issue in today's sports world (people with opinions like yours) and it needs to get put away forever. Fair and nice are not apart of sports!! Loyalty (dreamland) is gone and is not coming back.

I don't know the situation but I give the kid a lot of credit for doing what he feels is in the best interest of his future. Right or wrong, he made a choice and is going to miss an entire season for it.....it must have been worth it. Best of luck, Nick!!

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:18 pm

oldschoolpuckster wrote:

What color is the sky in your world????? Do you have any clue as to the situation? (no) How can you have any idea as to why this happened? (you don't)

This is a huge issue in today's sports world (people with opinions like yours) and it needs to get put away forever. Fair and nice are not apart of sports!! Loyalty (dreamland) is gone and is not coming back.

I don't know the situation but I give the kid a lot of credit for doing what he feels is in the best interest of his future. Right or wrong, he made a choice and is going to miss an entire season for it.....it must have been worth it. Best of luck, Nick!!
So, if you know, fill me in.

Interesting statement that; dissenting opinions "need to be put away forever."
Last edited by puckbreath on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:19 pm

boardguy1998 wrote:

Really?

So I assume you married the first girl you ever dated? Still have the first job you ever took?

The kid made a decision, for reasons only he knows, that he didn't want to be there anymore. Why can't a kid change his mind? How do we even know it was his choice to leave.

Pretty arrogant statement to assume you know what is going on, as it appears that no one does.
Your comparisons are apple/oranges.

Arrogant ?

Might want to look in a mirror, sport.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 pm

I would guess that in most cases the player and coach have a heart to heart. The coach says he is where you stand and this is where I see you on are depth chart. The player doesn't like it and moves on. Probably is why players de-commit when it is time for them to start at that school. Comes down to playing time in the majority of the cases.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 pm

mulefarm wrote:I would guess that in most cases the player and coach have a heart to heart. The coach says he is where you stand and this is where I see you on are depth chart. The player doesn't like it and moves on. Probably is why players de-commit when it is time for them to start at that school. Comes down to playing time in the majority of the cases.
That's what I was wondering, but he played in virtually every game as a freshman and sophomore.

Maybe not enough minutes in his eyes, who knows. Hard to believe he'd get more at UM though, if the case.

Interestingly enough though; there is no mention of him on their site's rosters for those two years.....

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 am

He is playing for the coach that recruited him. Mike Guentzel recruited him at UNO. Where is Mike Guentzel now?

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:10 am

puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Like I said above...I don't know the situation

And yes, dissenting opinions need to go away. There was not a shred of constructiveness in your statement. You just threw around some negativity without a clue of the real story. Kids transferring schools happens in all sports every year for many reasons. It must have been the wrong situation for the kid and he is willing to pay the price and sit out a full season to make the change!!

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 am

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

And yes, dissenting opinions need to go away. There was not a shred of constructiveness in your statement. You just threw around some negativity without a clue of the real story. Kids transferring schools happens in all sports every year for many reasons. It must have been the wrong situation for the kid and he is willing to pay the price and sit out a full season to make the change!!
If you too don't know the situation, maybe you should heed your own advice.

Since you're not a mod of this forum, quit acting like one.
Last edited by puckbreath on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 am

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:

He is playing for the coach that recruited him. Mike Guentzel recruited him at UNO. Where is Mike Guentzel now?
You may be onto something there, good point.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 pm

puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

You're so not worth it.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:33 pm

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

You're so not worth it.
Then we have something in common.

The feeling is mutual.

drop the puck

Post by drop the puck » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:

Guentzel has been with the Gophers (2nd time around) for some time now. MG was with UNO 2010-11 season. MG just stole a MN player from the team his son plays for ?? That does not make for good table talk ...

:wink:

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm

drop the puck wrote:
FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:

Guentzel has been with the Gophers (2nd time around) for some time now. MG was with UNO 2010-11 season. MG just stole a MN player from the team his son plays for ?? That does not make for good table talk ...

:wink:
I didn't say he stole a MN player from the team his son plays for? I didn't say anything about stealing him. This is in response to puckbreath's negative comment regarding Seeler backstabbing the coach at UNO that recruited him......Guentzel recruited him at UNO, so how could he back stab him......he is coaching him.....and why would Seeler stick around in UNO? He knows that making the NCAA tournament with that team is quite a leap.