citypages article

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:11 am

I agree with 90% of the stuff you just said. Let's make sure you are clear though about one thing. It's tickets purchased, not actual attendance. When they announce a crowd of 9800 at the gopher game that isn't actual attendance. I would be very curious to know the average attendance this year. I get it...the u of M doesn't care about that they just care about how many tickets are being sold.

JSR

Post by JSR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:21 am

Tigers33 wrote:I agree with 90% of the stuff you just said. Let's make sure you are clear though about one thing. It's tickets purchased, not actual attendance. When they announce a crowd of 9800 at the gopher game that isn't actual attendance. I would be very curious to know the average attendance this year. I get it...the u of M doesn't care about that they just care about how many tickets are being sold.
Actually I've understood it to be different. That the "attendance" figures on the NCAA website are how many bodies go through the turnstiles not how many tickets were purchased. It would be nice to have 100% crystal clear clarification though.