Granato new Badger coach

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JSR

Granato new Badger coach

Post by JSR » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:23 am

Tony Granato has been tabbed as the new men's head coach for the Wisconsin Badgers. While I think this is an excellent choice the even "bigger" news is that he has named Mark Osiecki and Don Granato as his two assistant coaches. That to me is HUGE. Don is unbelievably respected at the USNTDP and will come with some instant ties to top recruits in that program. He's also a top notch coach in his own right. Osiecki is a fantastic coach and a masterful recruiter as well with a ton of experience. Honestly, this is like a dream come true for Badger fans and this group of coaches is practically a "super group" (considering all three were top candidates for the head job) that is riding in like the cavalry to bring Wisconsin back to prominence. The excitement around the program is very high with this announcement to say the least.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 am

Unbelievable! If I was a D and my dream is the nhl, Wis be my #1 choice. Look at the D in the nhl that were recruited and coached by Osecki.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 am

Great hires by the Badgers. Welcome back to competitive hockey.

JSR

Post by JSR » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:05 am

I figured, even though we are rivals, that good hockey people would appreciate this and would appreciate the Badgers being the quality they need to be for the good of the college game.