Hamline University

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckdude9

Hamline University

Post by Puckdude9 »

Now I know Hamline hasn't been too good the past few years but I was talking to a friend who is going to play there and I am pretty impressed with their incoming class of players.<br><br>This is the list he sent me of the guys he said are pretty good and should see significant playing time.<br><br>Pos/Name/HS team/yr of grad-former team<br>G/Cameron Voss/St. Thomas Academy/05<br>G/Austin Ledo/BSM/04-transfer Lake Forest<br>G/Todor Petkov/Canada/02-transfer Northland<br>G/Drew Hage/Windom/04-MnJHL Wisconsin<br>D/Matt Zilles/Stillwater/05<br>D/Kyle Turner/Hudson, WI/05<br>D/Jason Wong/Lakeville/03-MnJHL Northern Lights<br>F/Joe Long/Elk River/04-USHL Green Bay<br>F/Dustin Fulton/Breck/04-NAHL Bismark<br>F/Tom Stunyo/Grand Rapids/05<br>F/Ted Urschel/Red Wing/02-MnJHL Northern Lights<br>F/Steve Festler/Little Falls/05<br>F/Justin Hanna/Roseville/04<br>F/Peter Jepsen/Eden Prairie/05<br>F/Alex Spies/Hill Murray/05<br>F/Luke Chilson/Rice Lake,WI/05<br><br>Now I'm not saying they will win the MIAC but it seems like their new coach Scott Bell-Minnesota 95' captain, is doing a good job of recruiting guys to come play for them. I can't remember the last time Hamline had Junior players coming to their program. Should be interesting to see how they do. <p></p><i></i>
hillhockey

Re: Hamline University

Post by hillhockey »

I dont know many of those names, but I'll tell you right now alex spies is going to be one of the hardest workers on that team and it should help the team out a lot. <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Lots of good names there.<br><br>But the biggest is Bell.<br>Excellent hockey guy and coach.<br><br>May not challenge this year, but with a year under their belt, they should be real exciting. <p></p><i></i>
fastice16

Post by fastice16 »

Festler is an excellent player he should help out. <p>The Iceman</p><i></i>
puckhead89

Post by puckhead89 »

Who are some of the older players there? Those listed are mainly 04-05...interested in what anyone knows about older and returning players. <p></p><i></i>
iknowbetter

Post by iknowbetter »

Give Bell a year or two and if he wants to stay at Hamline they will be a powerhouse, year in and year out. I am afraid Bell won't stay long in the MIAC. He is an excelent hockey guy on any level. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

Im just curious but is Fulton a Captain there as a freshman?? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyisthebest21

Hamline

Post by Hockeyisthebest21 »

I am impressed with their players they got in this year. This team has been the joke of the MIAC the lst few years. This is the 3rd coach in as many years. Fulton is a danger. What a surprise a HM guy only talking about an HM kid, JK not surprised at all. <p></p><i></i>
hamlinekron18

Re: Hamline

Post by hamlinekron18 »

Fulton is an assistant this year. Still, I think some of the guys are transitioning to playing a new style (atleast the returners) and I think the faster type of play which Bell has is better for them. They still have to learn to stay out of the box, way too many damn penalties. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

What do some of the older guys think of a freshman being a Assistant Captain this year i mean there are still some older guys left beside wagner theres griffen Forks and any other guys that returned <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyisthebest21

Hamline

Hamline did not look very good and were actually lucky tonight for the game to be only 6-2. I hope things get better for them. Gustavus had a lot more talent 3-0 ten minutes into the game. 2 goals on the first 3 shots, way too many penalties. They were not as good of playes as the Gusties. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

Thats to bad cause they had problems with them last year not to beat a topic to death but what do the older players that returned to HU think about a Freshman being a captain <p></p><i></i>
BULLDOG 888

Post by BULLDOG 888 »

Gettin a new freshman at the beginning of the 2nd half of the season-Mike McDonough, from Eastview, he will tear it up! <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

I have never seen him play so don't get me wrong but i looked at his junior and senior year stats and he didn't exactly tear it up i would say maybe 2nd line his soph year but thats just going off of stats where is he playing now?? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyisthebest21

Hamline

Well, not to day that he is bad, but i have never heard of him, and for Hamline to be good they will need a lot more than this kid. One win so far for the Pipers. <p></p><i></i>
hockey88

new guys

Post by hockey88 »

I decided to look at their stats from the season the other day and heres how the freshman did, most of them led the team in scoring, top 4 were freshman i think....<br><br>Dustin Fulton 25GP 10G 15A 25pts (1st team all-miac)<br>Joe Long 25GP 7G 15A 22pts (all-miac hon ment)<br>Justin Hanna 21GP 7G 7A 14pts<br>Steve Festler 16GP 7G 4A 11pts<br>Ted Urschel 22GP 1G 6A 7pts<br>Luke Chilson 24GP 4G 1A 5pts<br>Jim Erickson 12GP 2G 3A 5pts<br>Mike Mcdonough 9GP 1G 2A 3pts<br>Tom Stunyo 22GP 2G 1A 3pts<br>Matt Zilles 25GP 2G 1A 3pts<br>Pat Leclaire 22GP 1G 1 2pts<br>Kyle Turner 25GP 1G 1A 2pts<br>Jason Wong 11GP 0G 2A 2pts<br>Matt Held 17GP 0G 1A 1pts<br>Joe Lorentz 13 0G 1A 1pts<br>Jack Madryga 20GP 0G 1A 1pts<br>Alex Spies 18 0G 1A 1pts<br>Joe Tierney 7 0G 1A 1pts<br>Matt Buckley 2GP 0G 0A 0pts (medical redshirt)<br>Cam Voss 7GP 3.64GAA .904% 1-4-2<br><br>They seem to have a decent foundation to build off of. I'm sure some of these guys wont stick around next year since I'm assuming Bell would have been recruiting his tail off this season. But they could be ok in a year or 2. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Re: new guys

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

just curious but why did Festler only play in 16games when he was in the top 4 of scoring <p></p><i></i>
hockey88

Post by hockey88 »

I think he hurt his leg at the beginning of the season and then missed a couple more games from a shoulder injury. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

ahh i c who do you think is going to leave HU next year??where will they be heading if u have any ideas?that and why didn't Voss play towards the end up of the season he played some good games "looking @ stats" <p></p><i></i>
hockey88

i dont know

Post by hockey88 »

I don't really know who or why people would leave but it happens every year at college. People who scored 30-40 pts at their high school team go to college, play 4th line and get 1 or 2 pts on the year and think its the coachs fault cuz they didn't play alot or PP so they leave. I'm not sure guys will leave but I think its a safe bet especially when Bell will probably bring in some good players from junior A so the new freshman will be better and older than some of the sophomores.<br><br>As for Voss, I heard he quit. Don't know why or when but thats the reason he didn't play at the end of the season. and yes he did have some good games. <p></p><i></i>
Thehockeyplaya

Re: i dont know

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

did he quite HU or just the hockey team?is he done playing now or what is going to happen with him...and i realize why ppl quite i was just curious on some of the main reasons on why...any idea who some of the new recruits are? <p></p><i></i>
puckstuff9

Post by puckstuff9 »

Don't know why he quit but i heard he's going to UST next year. <p></p><i></i>
hamlinekron18

Post by hamlinekron18 »

The reason Voss quit is that he had some family issues which came up. and from what i heard he just needed to take some time away and take care of his family issues...as far as him leaving to UST...i havent heard anything. <p></p><i></i>