Vikings off-season moves

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

State Champ 97

Vikings off-season moves

Post by State Champ 97 »

Brad Johnson has been released. Smoot and Wiggins may be next. Smoot I understand, I thought Wiggins did alright.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Hopefully Childress is next. Wiggins and Smoot were released.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Mike Rosenthal has been released. That has to give us a ton of room under the cap.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

The team added TE Visanthe Shiancoe (pronounced vi-sahn-tee SHANK-oh) (NY Giants) and LB Vinny Ciurciu (pronounced church-choo) (Carolina Panthers), a pair of durable veterans who have played with winning franchises

found it on there site.

wait who are these guys? :?
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

i hope they can pick up joe horn in free agency we need a receiver
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

that would be nicer then kevin curtis even thou i think he already got signed with someone else joe horn is also to old.

they need linebackers to.

.....Lavar Arrington what you think about him i no hes coming off a torn acl or w/e idk but i think the vikies should try and get him
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

(cough, cough) vikes blow who cares (cough , cough)
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

me
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

Alright so they signed 2 guys ive never heard of 1's a tight end 1's a d-end. ok so what do they need wide recivers, a decent tight end and a couple decent line backers. i say they should pick up randy McMichael. what you guys think they need. and who should they pick up
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Our WR prayers have been answered... Vikes sign Bobby Wade for 5 years! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:roll:
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

Who?

wow they should actaully spend money and pick a decent wr joe horn?
RSI

Post by RSI »

Govs93 wrote:Our WR prayers have been answered... Vikes sign Bobby Wade for 5 years! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:roll:
Who is Bobby Wade, I've never heard of him? Another diamond in the rough :roll: :roll:
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Bobby Wade is an old Bears reject receiver. He couldn't cut it there so we sign him to a 5 year deal. Brilliant. :shock: Our organization is going down the tubes. The front office people are making Red McCombs and company look like geniuses. The Childress era has been utter ruin and I don't ever see it improving. Get him out ASAP.
Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze »

Bobby Wade is 5'10, 190 pounds. And the kicker is, he is slow. I fail to grasp how this meets the teams needs when west coast receivers either have to be big and physical enough to go over the middle, or fast enough to stretch the D. He fits neither criteria and gives us our 5th WR who is best suited for being our 4th WR. All in all, great signing.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

we currently have 3 wr's my favorite Troy Williamson, :roll: , BILLY McMullen 8) and Bobby Wade

Great Job Childress'

im starting to look lke slap shot with all the smiley faces
RSI

Post by RSI »

dangla. wrote:we currently have 3 wr's my favorite Troy Williamson, :roll: , BILLY McMullen 8) and Bobby Wade

Great Job Childress'
And the kicker...NONE of them should be starters in the NFL and they're our #1 receivers.
Chilly is a knucklehead, he has no idea what he's doing :evil: :evil:
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

If it makes everyone feel better they picked up the solid veteran special-teamer Vinny Ciurciu (didn't know there was a such thing) and Visanthe Shiancoe (Shockey's backup in NY)

Might as well give us the Vince Lombardi trophy right now.
The U invented swagger.
TomTheBomb

Post by TomTheBomb »

I care, but I'm happy to say football is only my 3rd favorite of the major sports. Behind the Wild who are the obvious favorite, closely followed by the Twins. Then after a major gap come the Vikings and then the TimberPups.

They are fun to watch every year. I sport my jersey on gameday. Yes, I bought the Williamson jersey with high hopes during the '06 preseason. I don't know what Childress is doing or where they're going, but I have a feeling they have a few tricks up their sleeves, and in store, is...a 2008 SUPER BOWL!!!
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

The Vikings are on their way to rock bottom.

Their drafts have been terrible. Their free agent signings have been OK but not good enough to offset one bad draft after another.

Red ran it into the ground so he could cash out and while the new owners seem OK, they dont know what they are doing.

We havent had any Super Bowls for 30 years but we have had a lot of contending and entertaining teams without hitting bottom for any length of time. I think thats going to change.

It could be a long time before we see a contending team again.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

What concerns me is that after the mess that was last season Childress doesn't seem to be making any moves to improve. Either Zygi has complete confidence in him and Childress knows his job isn't on the line or Childress is such an arrogent horses butt he really thinks his system will win in the NFL. The Vikings in 1 year went from division contenders to arguably the worst team in the worst conference in football. There is little debate however that the Vikings are well behind the Bears and Packers in terms of talent and coaching.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

They said today that they will have the same offensive line as last year. For a group that looks as good on paper as they do, they sure did stink it up on the field last year. :oops:
I say if Mckinnie isn't all pro this year, cut him. :x
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

I have been following this team sincethe days p of Tommy Mason/ Paul Flately and Tark.

Never have they had such a dirth of talent on offense. The expansion team was more explosive.

They have no QB, no quality RBs, no quality TEs and no quality WRs. None.

They will have to be perfect on defense to finish .500, which they wont.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

schwang17 wrote:Bobby Wade is an old Bears reject receiver. He couldn't cut it there so we sign him to a 5 year deal.
The Bears loved Wade, he just couldn't catch the ball.

I'm sure he will play a BIG role in getting the Viking Offense back on track.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

packerboy wrote:I have been following this team sincethe days p of Tommy Mason/ Paul Flately and Tark.

Never have they had such a dirth of talent on offense. The expansion team was more explosive.

They have no QB, no quality RBs, no quality TEs and no quality WRs. None.

They will have to be perfect on defense to finish .500, which they wont.
Talent shmalent. We don't need no stinking talent. We've got a "system".

Right Coach?
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Is wrote:"The Bears loved Wade, he just couldn't catch the ball"

The Vikes will probably pair him with Troy Willlimson then. :lol: