Vikings in trouble for opening day?

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Govs93 wrote:Is today the day something finally happens? Sounds like all that talking the Pack did with Favre last night led to the determination that he's not going to start, and that he probably won't practice today.

The bomb is going to hit sometime today... One way or the other.

Wonder if they can get those purple Favre jerseys in stores by tomorrow? I may have to go get one.
Oh for the crying out loud Govs...this will help us as much as the Herschel Walker trade.
Geez get me another Vicodin :roll:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:Is today the day something finally happens? Sounds like all that talking the Pack did with Favre last night led to the determination that he's not going to start, and that he probably won't practice today.

Wonder if they can get those purple Favre jerseys in stores by tomorrow? I may have to go get one.
Oh for the crying out loud Govs...this will help us as much as the Herschel Walker trade.
Don't get me wrong... Like I've said all along, I'm fine with T-Jack. I just want the jersey to taunt the cheeseheads in the office.

Although if it'll get this story out of the news, I say the Vikes just throw a 3rd round pick at the Pack and get him in here. It's what's best for the entire country at this point. I don't think we should be subject to much more of this crap.
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:

Don't get me wrong... Like I've said all along, I'm fine with T-Jack. I just want the jersey to taunt the cheeseheads in the office.

Although if it'll get this story out of the news, I say the Vikes just throw a 3rd round pick at the Pack and get him in here. It's what's best for the entire country at this point. I don't think we should be subject to much more of this crap.
Would that be considered spin? :?

Taunting cheeseheads is totally acceptable \:D/
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Oh for the crying out loud Govs...this will help us as much as the Herschel Walker trade.

Would that be considered spin? :?

Taunting cheeseheads is totally acceptable \:D/
The word you're looking for is mandatory
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EPSN reports that Favre and his agent are in route to the Twin Cities tonight for contract discussions.
fighting all who rob or plunder
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Fishing is tough in here! but you never know until you try a few casts

Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

I just figured you were talking about some soccer dude named Favre who was here to talk to the Thunder.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I was hoping to see Favre and Adrian take the Viks all the way.
Pretty bizarre end to his Packer career. It shouldn't have gone like that.
Oh well!
Here's to hoping TJack can get the ball downfield against an 8 man front. :)
Go Viks.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

B-R-E-T(T) BRET(T) BRET(T) BRET(T)

The New York Bretts

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:B-R-E-T(T) BRET(T) BRET(T) BRET(T)

The New York Bretts

Ok ...now the Vikings only need to strike a deal with the Jets to bring him here, if for no other reason than to piss off the Packer fans and organization! :lol: :lol: :lol:
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

well, hopefully the Vikes learned their lesson with Hershal and won't give away multiple first round picks to do that (ala the 3 first rounders the Jets are required to give the Pack if they deal Fav-ra to the Vikes). Now the question becomes will TJack be the starter on Monday night, or does Chad Pennington run out of the tunnel first?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

UpNorthStars wrote:well, hopefully the Vikes learned their lesson with Hershal and won't give away multiple first round picks to do that (ala the 3 first rounders the Jets are required to give the Pack if they deal Fav-ra to the Vikes). Now the question becomes will TJack be the starter on Monday night, or does Chad Pennington run out of the tunnel first?
ESPN was already suggesting Pennington to the Vikes as a backup to T-Jack this morning. I don't get that at all. Frerotte is another one of those old farts who is good mentoring young guys like Jackson and Booty. Pennington wouldn't fit.

He should go to Kansas City... There's a team that could use some help at QB, and he's played for Herm Edwards.
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

Personally i'd rather see Frerotte get the boot and bring Pennington in. At least he could put some pressure on Jackson and to be honest, i'd rather Pennington start than Jackson this year. With the team/defense we have this year we don't need a QB to win games for us, we just need one that isn't going to piss it away. I'd trust Pennington to do that more than Jackson.
EREmpireStrikesBack

No way. Pennington would be the worst solution for our team. He can't throw longer than 10 yards and that's where the entire D is going to be already because of AP. TJack adds a dimension, although not always a smart one, but he can run and toss it deep so it at least makes them think twice. Pennington is useless as a Viking.

UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:No way. Pennington would be the worst solution for our team. He can't throw longer than 10 yards and that's where the entire D is going to be already because of AP. TJack adds a dimension, although not always a smart one, but he can run and toss it deep so it at least makes them think twice. Pennington is useless as a Viking.

Well i hope you're right, because it looks like its all up to Jackson.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I agree Empire. Pennington can't throw anymore after multiple shoulder surgeries. Besides, ya gotta love a QB named Gus. :wink:
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Of all of the ridiculous behavior and situations to come from the NFL in recent years, this Farve fiasco was right up there.

I , for one, am sick of it and I watch less and less NFL football each year even though its on more and more.

I hope Farve has a miserable season and quits after game 6.
Can't Never Tried

packerboy wrote:Of all of the ridiculous behavior and situations to come from the NFL in recent years, this Farve fiasco was right up there.

I , for one, am sick of it and I watch less and less NFL football each year even though its on more and more.

I hope Farve has a miserable season and quits after game 6.
I kind of like it now that he's not coming here! :D
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Well well well.... Looky who catches the first touchdown pass for the Vikes.

I'm trying to remember... Anybody know where that kid played his high school ball?

Image Image Image Image
EREmpireStrikesBack

Preseason doesn't matter Govs...

Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Preseason doesn't matter Govs...

Hey thanks! Image

Just thought a reminder was in order... Didn't want anybody to forget. :wink:
EREmpireStrikesBack

Govs93 wrote:Just thought a reminder was in order... Didn't want anybody to forget. :wink:
Right back at you. You are getting up there in age... didn't want you to get confused.

Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can we make a bipartisan effort and come together as a nation to say that this will never be topped?

T.O., Randy Moss, Icky Woods.... nobody will ever beat this one.