trade Santana for a power hitter or Two???

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Indians forever

trade Santana for a power hitter or Two???

Post by Indians forever »

I might be on drugs, but what do you all think of this?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

You are on drugs.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Trading Santana isn't far fetched.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Trading Santana is a necessity.

They ought to do it sooner than later.
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

you are not on drugs...that would be a very wise move...

Trade him for some good prospects or a power hitter...

We have potential in our pitching staff...

Baker
Slowey
Perkins
Garza
Liriano
Bonser

There are more names out there that could step in in the near future. It's obvious that we're in need of a little rebuilding and we can't do that with Santana in Minnesota as long as Pohlad keeps pinching those pennies.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

It's not a bad idea. The reason he is on drugs is because nobody will give us an established power hitter for Johan. It's easy to say we should do this, but it won't happen.

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:It's not a bad idea. The reason he is on drugs is because nobody will give us an established power hitter for Johan. It's easy to say we should do this, but it won't happen.

Bring back Harmon!
fighting all who rob or plunder
Indians forever

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:It's not a bad idea. The reason he is on drugs is because nobody will give us an established power hitter for Johan. It's easy to say we should do this, but it won't happen.

not sure but have the Twins ever put up Santana as Trade Bait?????
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

If they haven't, they are idiots. Nobody is untradeable if you think the deal makes you better.

The Twins front office has made a habit out of retaliating rather than instigating in recent years.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Ryan wasnt any good at the free agent thing but he did make some good trades.

Shannon Stewart, Silva, Bonser, Nathan, Liriano and Punto all got here by trades.

If we cant get some O in here via free agency, lets start tradin. We have pitching depth.

If you dont want to trade Santana, then go the other way and trade Slowey, or Garza etc.

The offense would be easy to improve on. Anything would help. Lets go.
Indians forever

at least now I know shouldn't commit myself to rehab!!! Lets Sign Torri and get some power hitters in the line up!!!! :x
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Trading him would be a viable option, but as said EREmpireStrikesBack, it won't happen to get what we need. We have a few options:
-Get rid of other pitchers for O.
-Increase our team salary for more O.
-Let Santana hit.
-Stop playing Punto and play Watkins.
-Offer to pay for A-Rod.

Do nothing else but the last two on the list and we'll be just fine.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Trading him would be a viable option, but as said EREmpireStrikesBack, it won't happen to get what we need. We have a few options:
-Get rid of other pitchers for O.
-Increase our team salary for more O.
-Let Santana hit.
-Stop playing Punto and play Watkins.
-Offer to pay for A-Rod.

Do nothing else but the last two on the list and we'll be just fine.
So nice to see you're back.
The U invented swagger.
HShockeywatcher

Thanks. So nice to see you comment on what I wrote :mrgreen:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
So nice to see you're back.
Goldy Gopher is not a team player or he didn't get the memo
fighting all who rob or plunder
Little Falls Fan

Post by Little Falls Fan »

personally i think that santana has had a solid year. but doesnt seem to emotionally attached to this team anymore. its sad to say, but he doesnt want to be here anymore. main reason why is the castillo trade. the trade wasnt need at that time. the twins make poor decisions at some points and this was one of them. castillo was a great influence in the dugout and a blast to watch. dont get me wrong the twins trade very well, but this was an un-needed trade. set the whole team off. but johan no longer cares about the team, let him finish out the next season, mentor liriano, baker, and garza... give them some needed advice. we just need to let him go if we want to and move on... were a small market team and well do fine without him
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

What are the odds of the team being "blown up", trading both Santana and Nathan while letting both Silva and Torii walk? 2010 is coming fast, and will guarantee sellouts regardless. Will packerboy still be a fan knowing Carl sold him out? Stay tuned...

I don't know how you blackberry guys do this so well, I'm at Champp's - Larpenter, and this bites....
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:I don't know how you blackberry guys do this so well, I'm at Champp's - Larpenter, and this bites....
Amateur... Haven't you seen my legendary "In Game Updates" during the hockey season?!

Get into the 21st century for crying out loud!
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

If a player(s) is disasitified by the Castillo trade and his performance suffers as a result, get rid of him.

These guys are something else. They want the big salaries and they want the team to stay together. With only a handful of exceptions, teams cant operate that way.

Trade GMtana to Texas and see how emotionaly attached he gets there.
HShockeywatcher

On the surface, saying Santana is unloyal while he's disappointed is just like saying KG was disloyal. For years KG has been loyal to the T-wolves and never asked for a trade, but has been very much disappointed about the team and what the people in charge are doing.

What's the big deal that Santana actually voices his opinion? That's like telling you in your firm that you should keep your mouth shut if what is going on in the administration isn't right. He's upset, he should be. Looking at the pitching specific stats, he was easily the best (or close to) pitcher in MLB. He has every right to be upset and voice his opinion.
theref

Post by theref »

HShockeywatcher wrote:On the surface, saying Santana is unloyal while he's disappointed is just like saying KG was disloyal. For years KG has been loyal to the T-wolves and never asked for a trade, but has been very much disappointed about the team and what the people in charge are doing.

What's the big deal that Santana actually voices his opinion? That's like telling you in your firm that you should keep your mouth shut if what is going on in the administration isn't right. He's upset, he should be. Looking at the pitching specific stats, he was easily the best (or close to) pitcher in MLB. He has every right to be upset and voice his opinion.
I can't say that I agree with this. Kevin Garnett didn't come out and say that he needed help or that the t-wolves should do this or that. It wasn't his job. His job was to play basketball. Johan's job is to pitch, not to question the owners and GM. He could say that "Hey, it would be great if we brought in so and so, the run support would sure be great" but he doesn't need to say anything when they don't bring in a hitter. When he retires and becomes a GM, then he can worry about that stuff. That's like football players telling the coach what play to call. It's not your job, just go out there and play your position.