LSU vs Ohio State

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

LSU
48%
Ohio State
52%

Total votes: 21

Lucia4President

LSU vs Ohio State

Post by Lucia4President »

For the National Championship
HOUNDS
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

I like Ohio State. Hopefully they'll prove all the Big-Ten haters wrong, which is everybody outside of Big-Ten Nation.
ChrisK

LSU

Post by ChrisK »

I've watched a lot of college football this year, it's been one of the wildest seasons ever. I was kind of hoping Missouri and West Virginia would hold position as it would've been fun to see one of two programs outside the traditional powers grab the mythical championship.

From what I've seen LSU is the best team in the country. They've endured as many injuries as any other team in the country but they're able to plug the holes better than other teams. They won the SEC championship game with their backup QB and mostly without their star defensive tackle, Glenn Dorsey. Ohio State will be hard pressed to keep this game close.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
Little Falls Fan

Post by Little Falls Fan »

Hawaii should be playing for the National Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colt Brennan is a phenom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 »

I AM SO PISSED OFF THAT WEST VIRGINIA LOST!!

my boys couldnt hold it together it seems. what i dont get is that pat white gets hurt, leaves the game, then comes back for the last half of the 4th quarter. if he was in the same condition, how could he magically come back?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

LSU in a blowout. The Big Ten has been a joke the last couple years. Florida will kill Michigan, USC will stomp on Illinois and LSU will pummel OSU. The only team that has a chance is Sconi vs Tenn, but that isn't likely.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:LSU in a blowout. The Big Ten has been a joke the last couple years. Florida will kill Michigan, USC will stomp on Illinois and LSU will pummel OSU. The only team that has a chance is Sconi vs Tenn, but that isn't likely.

I was gonna say the same thing about the LSU-OSU game but this season has been so unpredictable that I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU win the game on three blocked punts returned for TDs.

LSU has a ton of talent and they've also got heart, they're not going to fold when the going gets tough. The guy I really like on that team is Jacob Hester, the power RB, he epitomizes the guts and desire that this team has. The Florida-LSU game this year was one of the best college games I've ever seen. LSU should win this handily but it would be the final capper on this season for Ohio State to pull it out.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

LSU should have lost to Auburn and Alabama, they're the most overated team in the country outside Ohio State. You could make a very valid argument that the 2 best teams in the country are USC and Oklahoma, I'd throw Georgia in there as well, too bad they didn't get to play LSU.

The only real beef I have with the BCS is, and it's really more with polls, how can Virginia Tech be rated 5 and LSU 7 going into the weekend, Va. Tech beats #12 Boston College by more than LSU beats #15 Tennessee. How does LSU jump Va. Tech? If the pollsters really believed LSU was a better team why weren't they rated higher the week before? Also, if idle #3 Ohio St. gets to move up, why doesn't idle #4 Georgia? Ohio St has a pathetic SOS, Georgia a great SOS, it all looks like a fix was in this year. (Though if you watched the Pitt/West Virginia game there was 1 official who did everything he could do to get West Virginia the win.)
He Hate Me

Post by He Hate Me »

artifactually153 wrote:I AM SO PISSED OFF THAT WEST VIRGINIA LOST!!

my boys couldnt hold it together it seems. what i dont get is that pat white gets hurt, leaves the game, then comes back for the last half of the 4th quarter. if he was in the same condition, how could he magically come back?
dont get me wrong i love WV but how is Pat White not on the field all game long... i realize an injury but cmon pat u have to man up for a game of that magnitude.. you did not and that is why you are where you are sir. :x
Absit Invidia
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

LSU in a blowout considering OSU is 0-8 against the SEC in bowl games
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

He Hate Me wrote:
artifactually153 wrote:I AM SO PISSED OFF THAT WEST VIRGINIA LOST!!

dont get me wrong i love WV but how is Pat White not on the field all game long... i realize an injury but cmon pat u have to man up for a game of that magnitude.. you did not and that is why you are where you are sir. :x
Pat White couldn't handle the snap with a dislocated thumb. When he came back he bobbled one snap and fumbled another. In hindsight it probably hurt WV to put him back in.

The whole season was a bunch of what if's: Had Dixon not got hurt Oregon would likely be undefeated, had Oklahomas QB not gotten injured they'd likely be undefeated or at worst a 1 loss team. Pat White, Josh Booty, the list is full of great QB's who were hurt, all of which should have made a difference in key lsses for their respective teams.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

LSU overrated?? They could just as easily be undefeated as both of their losses came in triple overtime to good teams. How does LSU jump Virginia Tech? Easy, in a head to head matchup early in the season LSU smashed VT 48-7. Why were they rated below VT the week before? Probably because they'd lost the week before which is the way these things usually work.

I'd much rather see USC, Georgia or Oklahoma face LSU. If Georgia had won their division of the SEC they would have faced LSU so they did have their opportunity and blew it by getting blown out by Tennessee. I think Oklahoma has the strongest argument, they won their championship game and beat then-no.1 ranked Missouri for the second time to do it.

goldy313 wrote:LSU should have lost to Auburn and Alabama, they're the most overated team in the country outside Ohio State. You could make a very valid argument that the 2 best teams in the country are USC and Oklahoma, I'd throw Georgia in there as well, too bad they didn't get to play LSU.

The only real beef I have with the BCS is, and it's really more with polls, how can Virginia Tech be rated 5 and LSU 7 going into the weekend, Va. Tech beats #12 Boston College by more than LSU beats #15 Tennessee. How does LSU jump Va. Tech? If the pollsters really believed LSU was a better team why weren't they rated higher the week before? Also, if idle #3 Ohio St. gets to move up, why doesn't idle #4 Georgia? Ohio St has a pathetic SOS, Georgia a great SOS, it all looks like a fix was in this year. (Though if you watched the Pitt/West Virginia game there was 1 official who did everything he could do to get West Virginia the win.)
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

I wish the title game was Georgia and Hawaii, that will be the best one out of all the BCS games.

Colt Brennan is the best QB in the nation, and he has over 40 records to prove it!
EREmpireStrikesBack

hockyman08 wrote:I wish the title game was Georgia and Hawaii, that will be the best one out of all the BCS games.

Colt Brennan is the best QB in the nation, and he has over 40 records to prove it!
How's Timmy Chang doing?

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
hockyman08 wrote:I wish the title game was Georgia and Hawaii, that will be the best one out of all the BCS games.

How's Timmy Chang doing?

He is currently quarterbacking the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timmy_Chang
The U invented swagger.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

more like the best QB on the island (or throw in Alaska too if you want)
EREmpireStrikesBack

Goldy Gopher wrote:

How's Timmy Chang doing?

He is currently quarterbacking the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timmy_Chang
Exactly my point.

hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

Just wait til he throws all over Georgia, then I can tell you guys I told you so, he'll be a top 5 pick unless he somehow gets hurt from now until April.
EREmpireStrikesBack

hockyman08 wrote:Just wait til he throws all over Georgia, then I can tell you guys I told you so, he'll be a top 5 pick unless he somehow gets hurt from now until April.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is NO way he goes in even the first round. I don't know what you are smoking, but you should pass some to TomASS because I know he'd like to try it.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

hockyman08 wrote:Just wait til he throws all over Georgia, then I can tell you guys I told you so, he'll be a top 5 pick unless he somehow gets hurt from now until April.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is NO way he goes in even the first round. I don't know what you are smoking, but you should pass some to TomASS because I know he'd like to try it.

That's bold. He is arguably the best and for sure in the top three QB's playing college football this year. I would love to see the Vikes snatch up the Colt with their first round pick and ride him all the way to Super Bowl 43
The U invented swagger.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Georgia got snubbed and this is the Super Bowl for Hawaii, Brennan goes for 400+. He's a late first round pick barring injury.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Goldy Gopher wrote:

That's bold. He is arguably the best and for sure in the top three QB's playing college football this year. I would love to see the Vikes snatch up the Colt with their first round pick and ride him all the way to Super Bowl 43
Are you on it too?

Matt Ryan
Brian Brohm
Andre Woodson

EASILY 3 quarterbacks that are better than Colt. I will put anything down that Brennan doesn't get taken in the first round. Does he know how to read a defense when he only has 2 WRs on the field? Can he hand off? Hell, can he take a snap from under center? Too many ? marks and is just another product of the system. He'll be joining Timmy Chang in the CFL or headed to the AFL.

tomASS

Post by tomASS »

what do they call that..........oh yeah; he will be at best "a serviceable back-up "

See I'm coming around! pass that funny cigarette this way again.
BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 »

Ohio State. Have to go with BIG 10! 8)
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

LSU over Ohio State by 14 or more.
HOUNDS