PRICE OF CRUDE OIL CLOSES AT $100.01/BARREL TODAY

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Yes and my local gas stations are showing there prices 4.09 for diesel give me a break
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

$3.79 for regular in Chicago this weekend.

Big talk at the Houseware show this weekend.

1) any overseas price quote was probably only as good as the time it took the ink to dry.
2) price increases are rampant in just about every consumer product category both in finished goods and raw material costs. Typically the competitive nature amongst companies to secure retailers' business will keep price increases to a bare minimum. The retailers are powerless to prevent these increases and they will be passed along to the consumers.
3) lead times for manufacturing overseas has increased by about 30 days because of capacity issues (new chinese labor regulations) and container shortages. Those jobs are not coming back here, they are going to even further underdeveloped countries (Cambodia)
fighting all who rob or plunder
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Gee it's at $144.00/barrel today....up what 30% since this thread was started.
And Gas up a full 25%
Yep supply/demand I tell ya ! :roll:

Just another note... we are really starting to see the overseas companies coming here because of the weak dollar, to have Americans do the labor.
This I know as fact because of my business, and it's happening like I've never seen before in over 30 yrs.

Oh yeah I don't recall what thread it was where some of us were discussing in late Jan. the stock market, and I said for me that it was time to move to low yield safe money, and maybe look at getting back in stocks or mutuals in 6-9 months.
Well the market was at 12,100 then, and it went up as high as 13k (I think).

Today it's at 11,215 today, and if you look at fund performance in that period you will still find that most were (-) by good margins even as the Dow and NASDAQ climbed, so are we getting to the bottom yet? or will it go to 10K ? if so is that the time to get back on the wagon?

Some experts are saying that oil should be trading at $80.00/barrel not $144.00

:?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Can you say speculators?????

we have not seen the market hit bottom yet. Keep your money as liquid as possible and also consider buying some precious metal known as gold. Or if you want to buy any retail store stock, buy the stock of the major dollar stores. They are buying a lot of great deals of aged inventory and will have stellar years with phenomenal 4th quarter results.

All I can say is that I had 10 vendors this past week alone submit price increases to certain major retailers without any push back. We have yet to see the affect or the ceiling on retail consumer prices. They are just beginning to rise.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

In March I moved a bunch of my money out of mid cap and growth mutual funds, that are down 14.1% and 12.9% respectively since the first of March and into some gold/precious metals funds that are up 11% since March 1st. I've also put some into inflation limked bonds that are up 5%. My stupid 403B fund manager had my fund down 10% and argued against my canning him and his fee to lose my money. The good thing about my companies plan is that is easy to move money around without a fee after29 days so if the makets start to trend upwards its an easy switch.
Can't Never Tried

Wow $146/barrel today!! we must have used way to much yesterday and really pinched the supply :roll:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Wow $146/barrel today!! we must have used way to much yesterday and really pinched the supply :roll:
sorry I filled up two vehicles yesterday or I should say I filled to the $75 dollar limit. I take complete and full responsibility. My bad 8-[
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

tomASS wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:Wow $146/barrel today!! we must have used way to much yesterday and really pinched the supply :roll:
sorry I filled up two vehicles yesterday or I should say I filled to the $75 dollar limit. I take complete and full responsibility. My bad 8-[
As did I. Only $50 though. I'll still let Tom take the blame.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Can't Never Tried

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
tomASS wrote:

Well thanks a lot !
I'm running on fumes trying to help the situation, while you guys are just wiping out my efforts.
geez set an example tomAss :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Hey, I can't squeeze more than $41 worth of gas into my new Corolla. Do I need to buy a bigger gas tank? Image

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Can't Never Tried

east hockey wrote:Hey, I can't squeeze more than $41 worth of gas into my new Corolla. Do I need to buy a bigger gas tank? Image

Lee
Probably not the only thing your having trouble squeezing into that thing!
:P
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
tomASS wrote: sorry I filled up two vehicles yesterday or I should say I filled to the $75 dollar limit. I take complete and full responsibility. My bad 8-[

Well thanks a lot !
I'm running on fumes trying to help the situation, while you guys are just wiping out my efforts.
geez set an example tomAss :lol:

I will when a certain ex-gov. from TN, former VP, former Prez candidate, Oscar winner, and Nobel prize winner who likes to tell complete falsehoods about the environment (trying to prevent this thread from being locked by not mentioning any names or party affiliations) does his part to reduce something called a carbon footprint.

See you should know me better - in my world the future is made up of nows! Besides I'm working on reducing my carbon-fiber footprint. I had the road bike out yesterday .....don't worry I don't do lycra bike clothes any more or maybe It's because I can't

Tour de France starts this weekend - wonder what the drug of choice and follow-up excuse will be this year.

Do steroids work on cars?? or maybe we should try doping our gas like they can with blood???
Silent But Deadly

Post by Silent But Deadly »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
east hockey wrote:Hey, I can't squeeze more than $41 worth of gas into my new Corolla. Do I need to buy a bigger gas tank? Image

Lee
Good one CNT.......say east hockey....if you have a gas problem...try eating fewer beans!

Silent But Deadly....... :lol: :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Silent But Deadly wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:

Lee
Good one CNT.......say east hockey....if you have a gas problem...try eating fewer beans!

Actually, the only problem I have is not letting the SUV drivers see me laughing as I watch them at the pump filling up with a look of dismay in their eyes.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Can't Never Tried

east hockey wrote:
Silent But Deadly wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Probably not the only thing your having trouble squeezing into that thing!

Actually, the only problem I have is not letting the SUV drivers see me laughing as I watch them at the pump filling up with a look of dismay in their eyes.

Lee
There are economy SUV's too!

By the way, has anyone tried the MyGallons card? just think what a deal that would have been if if a guy bought 1000 gallons a year ago!!
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Silent But Deadly wrote: Good one CNT.......say east hockey....if you have a gas problem...try eating fewer beans!

Lee
There are economy SUV's too!

By the way, has anyone tried the MyGallons card? just think what a deal that would have been if if a guy bought 1000 gallons a year ago!!
Is that a wind-up key on the back of that thing?

In regards to MyGallons, it might be a good idea to hold off on that until they get their crap together. Looks like you may be able to buy all you want, but not be able to redeem any of it at the moment.
Can't Never Tried

Nice work Govs...it's reads good on their website...but the BBB paints a whole different picture.. :?
EREmpireStrikesBack

First Fuel up in St. Cloud has the same kind of idea, just with their pumps. They say that they have 40 (I think, maybe more) people that are still getting their gas for under $1.00 a gallon because they loaded up when the price was low. They must be millionaires now!

OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

With the price near 100 dollars a barrel again, why is the price of gas so slow to come down.

National average on the way up was around 3.25
National average on the way down is 3.65.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:With the price near 100 dollars a barrel again, why is the price of gas so slow to come down.

They'll probably blame the refinery costs. They have to have some way to explain how crude oil has dropped nearly 30% from his highest point (so far) yet gas prices (in Duluth) have only dropped 10%, right?

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:With the price near 100 dollars a barrel again, why is the price of gas so slow to come down.

I often wonder that myself. It ticks me off though evertime I think about it. :twisted: :twisted:
10ouncepuck

Dubai

Post by 10ouncepuck »

Here's an example of "the US's transfer of wealth". Keep filling up your petrol tanks folks.
There's no need for more domestic oil production. :lol:

http://www.clevelandsolar-wind.com/Dubai.pps
Indians forever

Re: Dubai

Post by Indians forever »

10ouncepuck wrote:Here's an example of "the US's transfer of wealth". Keep filling up your petrol tanks folks.

Very interesting.
DMom

Re: Dubai

Post by DMom »

Indians forever wrote:
10ouncepuck wrote:Here's an example of "the US's transfer of wealth". Keep filling up your petrol tanks folks.

Very interesting.
I remember talk a few years ago about adding one of these to the National Sports Center Complex, but it never came about.

http://www.skidxb.com/English/gallery1_ ... id=1&sid=4
EREmpireStrikesBack

It woulda made parking even worse.