Will gas prices ever go down?

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will gas prices go down?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes: 27

darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

Tell you what is gonna happen................ People in the United States are gonna start shooting each other over gasoline and fuel that will finally make our government pay attention to a huge problem.

Old way of preventing a revolt= feeding your nation's people

New way of preventing a revolt= low fuel and food prices (and they are both rising at alarming rates)

Hmmmm do i forsee riots?
The DEMON
Knowlzee

Please don't shoot.

Post by Knowlzee »

Pretty dark post by the demon. Shooting each other over gas?

The demon's post suggests that our government is mommy, and if she takes care of us kids by providing "low fuel and food prices", then we will be good and not kick and scream. :)

Actually, we are all grown up now, and can take care of ourselves, if mommy (our government) stays out of the way. If the government would quit subsidizing silly solutions like wasting farm land and energy growing corn and converting it to fuel, or wasting acres on obnoxious looking windmills, and......just use the god-given resources that he has blessed us with. We don't have to develop fancy alternatives. Oil works fine, and we have it in the US.

Companies just need to be able to get it, without appeasing every little environmental group along the way. Ease up on impact studies, permitting processes, rules, and regulations, and most importantly,......drop this attitude that a few little plants and animals are more important than mankind. Develop an attitude that we have resources, and we are going to use them, and prosper. A simple change in attitude would change the trend of oil/gas costs, immediately. Then we can save our guns and ammunition for hunting.
Can't Never Tried

Re: Please don't shoot.

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Knowlzee wrote:Pretty dark post by the demon. Shooting each other over gas?

The demon's post suggests that our government is mommy, and if she takes care of us kids by providing "low fuel and food prices", then we will be good and not kick and scream. :)

Actually, we are all grown up now, and can take care of ourselves, if mommy (our government) stays out of the way. If the government would quit subsidizing silly solutions like wasting farm land and energy growing corn and converting it to fuel, or wasting acres on obnoxious looking windmills, and......just use the god-given resources that he has blessed us with. We don't have to develop fancy alternatives. Oil works fine, and we have it in the US.

Companies just need to be able to get it, without appeasing every little environmental group along the way. Ease up on impact studies, permitting processes, rules, and regulations, and most importantly,......drop this attitude that a few little plants and animals are more important than mankind. Develop an attitude that we have resources, and we are going to use them, and prosper. A simple change in attitude would change the trend of oil/gas costs, immediately. Then we can save our guns and ammunition for hunting.
Just for fun........... what will we hunt? :P :lol:
Govs93

Re: Please don't shoot.

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Knowlzee wrote:Pretty dark post by the demon. Shooting each other over gas?

Just for fun........... what will we hunt? :P :lol:
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Jumped 18 cents from yesterday in GR. Now at 3.79. Time to start walking or biking. Then build a nice inexpensive hut to live in. Our nation is going to crap. Pretty soon there will be no middle class. Just rich and poor. Nice to see how everything on the planet has increased in cost yet wages remain low. Great government we've got. But let's make sure we bend over and prosecute an American soldier for shooting a book while they burn our flags. Guess he didn't show enough "respect" for the nation of Islam. :roll: Sorry for the rant, been a bad day :evil:
Character is who you are when no one is watching
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

$4.30 and above in the Chicago area. Reported to be the most expensive in the nation.
Can't Never Tried

OK I think now would be a good time to use the bored to see how fuel prices fluctuate during a known holiday travel weekend.

So, how about Friday, or tonight, list the regular Unleaded price at the station you use the most, then let's see if it actually comes down next week or even by Monday.

This will be an odd year as we've probably never before seen the upward trend as we have recently, it's up 20% since the 1st of May as reported today, so it may actually not come down at all.(if it goes up we're screwed)

But if it does come down was it a supply issue? or just a volatile market?

Oh yeah and for those of you last Jan. that said gas was still to cheap...are you happy yet. :wink:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Can't Never Tried wrote:OK I think now would be a good time to use the bored to see how fuel prices fluctuate during a known holiday travel weekend.

So, how about Friday, or tonight, list the regular Unleaded price at the station you use the most, then let's see if it actually comes down next week or even by Monday.

This will be an odd year as we've probably never before seen the upward trend as we have recently, it's up 20% since the 1st of May as reported today, so it may actually not come down at all.(if it goes up we're screwed)

But if it does come down was it a supply issue? or just a volatile market?

Oh yeah and for those of you last Jan. that said gas was still to cheap...are you happy yet. :wink:
We've had four increases, each were a dime, over the past few weeks. It's currently at $3.859 at nearly all stations in Duluth, ($3.829 at the nearby M&H service station which regularly undercuts other Duluth stations by 2-4 cents).

Nostalgia time: I recall just after 9/11/01 when people were hurrying to the gas stations because gas had just rose to $1.75/gallon and folks wanted to top off the tanks expecting a further rise.

I almost feel sorry for SUV drivers. Almost, until I see them driving to work with no passengers. Dolts.

Lee
Last edited by east hockey on Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

$4.119
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:$4.119
Shanty your prices always appear to be high, are you listing premium prices?

Wednesday- went to Grand Forks gassed up in Roseau 3.79
prices were about the same in G.F. 3.77
Stopped in Karlstad on way home 3.67 :D
Roseau Wednesay night 3.89 :cry:
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Southend Holiday - $3.89 Friday 7:30am
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

TwinCitiesGasPrices.com has a place in Oakdale at $3.95. I thought for sure we would've seen at least one $4.00 station overnight for the holiday travel, but I guess not.
Can't Never Tried

I got a few from the guys at work today.
3.85 in Tonka
3.87 in ER
3.85 Golden Valley
3.88 Rogers (always higher along the interstate?) :?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote: 3.88 Rogers (always higher along the interstate?) :?
They know they can charge more to those people who will do anything to get the hell out of there! :wink: :D
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
They know they can charge more to those people who will do anything to get the hell out of there! :wink: :D
Funny boy today are we !!

Actually that has always bothered me, why is it if your traveling and have to refuel you pull just off the interstate it's more expensive? yet if you were to travel into the town, normally just a short distance off the freeway the price is lower?

It surely can't be more expensive for the trucker or supplier to drop their load just off the highway, as opposed to driving into town...what gives? :?
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
No sir, 87 octane.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
No sir, 87 octane.
Ouch, thats high.

I guess thats why it's named Crookston. :wink:
Can't Never Tried

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote: Shanty your prices always appear to be high, are you listing premium prices?
No sir, 87 octane.
Ouch, thats high.

I guess thats why it's named Crookston. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
Funny boy today are we !!

Actually that has always bothered me, why is it if your traveling and have to refuel you pull just off the interstate it's more expensive? yet if you were to travel into the town, normally just a short distance off the freeway the price is lower?

It surely can't be more expensive for the trucker or supplier to drop their load just off the highway, as opposed to driving into town...what gives? :?
Simple, people won't usually drive farther in and will pay the higher price. Take parking for example, you are getting the same parking spot, but one is closer and people are going to pay more for it.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

These gas prices are getting ridiculous!!!
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

wbmd wrote:These gas prices are getting ridiculous!!!
I just gassed up at $3.99... it's was a bargain! It's $4.09 all around me out here.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Govs93 wrote:
I just gassed up at $3.99... it's was a bargain! It's $4.09 all around me out here.
I did the same at 3.99 (3.89 with coupons). Pretty bad when that price looks like a bargain now.

I saw one station at $4.14 this morning.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

wbmd wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
I did the same at 3.99 (3.89 with coupons). Pretty bad when that price looks like a bargain now.

I saw one station at $4.14 this morning.
Holding at $3.86 - $3.89 in GR. Wife saw $3.75 in Hibbing. Surely it will rise within the next couple of weeks. Looking at Mopeds now as a means of transport.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

GR3343 wrote:Looking at Mopeds now as a means of transport.
C'mon... if you're trying to cut fuel costs, go all the way:

GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Govs93 wrote:
GR3343 wrote:Looking at Mopeds now as a means of transport.
C'mon... if you're trying to cut fuel costs, go all the way:

I spoke too soon. Now up to $3.95 & climbing. Any chance you could forward me the dealer's name where I can get one of these gems? Thinking about having the kid be my chauffer. He should be working out more. :lol: