To all of us 'creepy' old guys that watch High school Hockey

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Teak
Posts: 1870
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 am

Goldfishdude wrote:Teak.... you may wanna start thinking of quitting that day job of yours, and hitting the clubs with that humor!!! :P
Only if I could tell jokes like Mitch Hedberg told them. Sigh, Mitch R.I.P.

I have taught high school and college-age students for 21 years now, so I think that I have that mindset down quite well.

One anecdote. My first girls volleyball team had some nice-looking ladies who went with the big hair popular in the 1980s (this was around 1986). At our first tournament, where we finished 6th out of 8, some high school boys from another school kept coming to our matches. Afterwards, while the girls were in the showers, these boys came up to me and started a conversation. It went something like this:

"Hi, coach. Good team you got."
"Really?" I responded. "We only finished 6th; but, yeah they did pretty well for their first tournament."
"Gosh, coach, your team was our favorite. We were rooting for you."
"Gee, thanks; that was nice of you."
"Yeah, your girls might not have been the best, but they were the purtiest."

When I told my team about the conversation, they asked me to point out the boys who had made that statement (we were all watching the championship match). After seeing the boys, the girls went:

"Eeeeeewwwww; icky; gross me out........"

Gotta love'm at that age.
Last edited by Teak on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Teak
Posts: 1870
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 am

mj79 wrote:My gf says that :( Shes a shopaholic ... But She just asks me NOT for my apparel input, but for me to compliment her... I hate women sometimes :?
You know, after teaching young women for over 20 years, it finally dawned on me. Women do NOT dress to impress men; they dress to impress other women. That has got to be Rule #2 for men to understand in the battle of the genders.

Rule #1? You can never answer the following question:

"Does this make my b@*$# look big?"

There is NO way to answer that question; no way. You just say something like, "I think I left the car lights on; I'll be right back."

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:00 am

Teak wrote:
mj79 wrote:My gf says that :( Shes a shopaholic ... But She just asks me NOT for my apparel input, but for me to compliment her... I hate women sometimes :?
You know, after teaching young women for over 20 years, it finally dawned on me. Women do NOT dress to impress men; they dress to impress other women. That has got to be Rule #2 for men to understand in the battle of the genders.

Rule #1? You can never answer the following question:

"Does this make my b@*$# look big?"

There is NO way to answer that question; no way. You just say something like, "I think I left the car lights on; I'll be right back."[/quote]

NOW you tell me!!!!!! No wonder I got divorced 6 years ago!!!! I answered that question!!!!! :idea:

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Teak wrote:
mj79 wrote:My gf says that :( Shes a shopaholic ... But She just asks me NOT for my apparel input, but for me to compliment her... I hate women sometimes :?
You know, after teaching young women for over 20 years, it finally dawned on me. Women do NOT dress to impress men; they dress to impress other women. That has got to be Rule #2 for men to understand in the battle of the genders.

Rule #1? You can never answer the following question:

"Does this make my b@*$# look big?"

There is NO way to answer that question; no way. You just say something like, "I think I left the car lights on; I'll be right back."
Yea I understand the "trying to impress" side of it, But like Women will never understand why men do what we do and like what we like, We ( for the most part will never understand why women must have all the attention, EVERY new fashion trend ( especially 100s of shoes ), and feel the need to look better than every girl and in my case , just seem to like the most expensive of each :roll: I can only imagine what its like to have a materialistic popular daughter in HS right now.. I feel sorry for you all and your credit cards

When they ask you the " does this make my ( whatever) big" question.. Ive learned to just say, you look sexy as hell, lets take it off.. usually works

Hockeyfan#8
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Hockeyfan#8 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Does any of this have to do with hockey?
"If your not first, your last" R.B.

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Out of curiosity, am I old enough to qualify as a "creepy old guy" yet?

My instincts say: "probably." But then, I did get away with paying the student price for a ticket for most games at the state tourney last year.

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 pm

karl(east) wrote:Out of curiosity, am I old enough to qualify as a "creepy old guy" yet?

My instincts say: "probably." But then, I did get away with paying the student price for a ticket for most games at the state tourney last year.



That might do it.. But did you make yourself available to any sleepovers is the question...???

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
yes.. It has everything to do with hockey, and hockey fans ....

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:52 pm

mj79 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Out of curiosity, am I old enough to qualify as a "creepy old guy" yet?

My instincts say: "probably." But then, I did get away with paying the student price for a ticket for most games at the state tourney last year.



That might do it.. But did you make yourself available to any sleepovers is the question...???
:lol: Afraid not...

pucknutz
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:14 am

Post by pucknutz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 pm

guess im a creeper too. I go to as many East metro games as I can see! Just love watching them play. Its good cheap entertainment.

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:38 pm

karl(east) wrote:
mj79 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Out of curiosity, am I old enough to qualify as a "creepy old guy" yet?

My instincts say: "probably." But then, I did get away with paying the student price for a ticket for most games at the state tourney last year.



That might do it.. But did you make yourself available to any sleepovers is the question...???
:lol: Afraid not...
Karl gets educated in the land where he probably just has to take 50 brisk paces outside his dorm room, impersonate a US Senator.... and... well... we all know how to finish that story, eh?? =P~ :-$

Teak
Posts: 1870
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
Consider it like intermission between two periods of an ice hockey game. You know, we're all sitting there watching the game and then its intermission. We all start chit-chatting about hockey and then a beautiful woman walks past. This causes the subject to change to women and trying to understand them.

Don't worry; intermission is almost over. We'll get back to ice hockey soon.

:lol:

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Teak wrote:
Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
Consider it like intermission between two periods of an ice hockey game. You know, we're all sitting there watching the game and then its intermission. We all start chit-chatting about hockey and then a beautiful woman walks past. This causes the subject to change to women and trying to understand them.

Don't worry; intermission is almost over. We'll get back to ice hockey soon.

:lol:
You mean you're still trying? Cute. :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:10 pm

east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:
Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
Consider it like intermission between two periods of an ice hockey game. You know, we're all sitting there watching the game and then its intermission. We all start chit-chatting about hockey and then a beautiful woman walks past. This causes the subject to change to women and trying to understand them.

Don't worry; intermission is almost over. We'll get back to ice hockey soon.

:lol:
You mean you're still trying? Cute. :P

Lee
](*,) [-o< :-# :^o

PowerForward25
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by PowerForward25 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Now don't take this personally but....

Teak
Posts: 1870
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:15 pm

east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:
Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
Consider it like intermission between two periods of an ice hockey game. You know, we're all sitting there watching the game and then its intermission. We all start chit-chatting about hockey and then a beautiful woman walks past. This causes the subject to change to women and trying to understand them.

Don't worry; intermission is almost over. We'll get back to ice hockey soon.

:lol:
You mean you're still trying? Cute. :P

Lee
Well, I have to give an excuse to my wife for why I discuss women with other men. The understanding excuse is as good as I can come up with.

In the days of the Spanish Civil War, the Catalonian language was banned from being spoken in Spain as Franco, the Fascist, lived in Madrid (Castellian Spanish) and was a fan of Real Madrid. Thus, the fans of Barcelona (part of Catalan) could only use Catalonian at the futbol stadium when watching Barcelona.

It is kind of like that with women and ice hockey. In the war of the genders (hope its civil), men find refuge at the ice rink and can freely discuss whatever (there's a teenage girl word) without the wife listening in.

:oops:

Teak
Posts: 1870
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Teak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Goldfishdude wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Teak wrote:
Hockeyfan#8 wrote:Does any of this have to do with hockey?
Consider it like intermission between two periods of an ice hockey game. You know, we're all sitting there watching the game and then its intermission. We all start chit-chatting about hockey and then a beautiful woman walks past. This causes the subject to change to women and trying to understand them.

Don't worry; intermission is almost over. We'll get back to ice hockey soon.

:lol:
You mean you're still trying? Cute. :P

Lee
](*,) [-o< :-# :^o
I love the icons Goldfishdude.....

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 pm

PowerForward25 wrote:Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Well thank you for posting in my thread for the update....

Pics or ban :)

PowerForward25
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by PowerForward25 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:09 pm

mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Well thank you for posting in my thread for the update....

Pics or ban :)
Haha well MJ i think i am a little young for you. Ban it is i guess :D
Now don't take this personally but....

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm

PowerForward25 wrote:
mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Well thank you for posting in my thread for the update....

Pics or ban :)
Haha well MJ i think i am a little young for you. Ban it is i guess :D
See what I mean Karl?? Now there even into doing it on the forums.. Oh my bad , " It's just for their entertainment" :P

PowerForward25
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by PowerForward25 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 pm

mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:
mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Well thank you for posting in my thread for the update....

Pics or ban :)
Haha well MJ i think i am a little young for you. Ban it is i guess :D
See what I mean Karl?? Now there even into doing it on the forums.. Oh my bad , " It's just for their entertainment" :P
8) Well now that you all know we have infiltrated your man time let's go back to talking hockey shall we?
Now don't take this personally but....

rinkrat555
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by rinkrat555 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 pm

this whole subject is creepy....should end now

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm

PowerForward25 wrote:
mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:
mj79 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:Hey not all of us on this forum are males.

PS We get a kick out of confusing you. It's our entertainment :P :D
Well thank you for posting in my thread for the update....

Pics or ban :)
Haha well MJ i think i am a little young for you. Ban it is i guess :D
See what I mean Karl?? Now there even into doing it on the forums.. Oh my bad , " It's just for their entertainment" :P
8) Well now that you all know we have infiltrated your man time let's go back to talking hockey shall we?

There are 100s of threads in here, This is one for the guys.... But women are sneaky, as we all see now...


Back to the topic .. what school has the best looking cheerleaders..??























:lol:

PowerForward25
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by PowerForward25 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:31 pm

I would much rather be talking about hockey. My father raised me right.
Now don't take this personally but....

mj79
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Post by mj79 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:34 pm

PowerForward25 wrote:I would much rather be talking about hockey. My father raised me right.
?? lol.. what??? You father told you not to look at women?

What does your dad raising you right have to do with not viewing a thread??? :lol: :lol:

Post Reply