LETS SET THE RECORD FOR LONGEST THREAD!!!!!!!!

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckU126 wrote:Karl is a Yanks fan as well, which I find more disturbing than being a Packer fan.

How's A-Rod panning out, Karl? Usually it's old people that get hip surgery.

Maybe your club should inject him with some more steroids. Maybe then they can get their money's worth. :wink:

8)
Oh, A-Rod. I have very mixed thoughts on him. I don't really like him as a person, he's had some awful playoff chokes, there's obviously the steroid issue, and the thing that really bothers me about his contract isn't the money, but the length...they could be carrying his deadweight well into his 40s if he doesn't have the good sense to retire with some dignity.

But on the other hand, he hasn't been a total flop. He won two MVP awards and was a key part of a World Series win (the most important thing for Yankees fans). He's been a phenomenal player, and I don't think he's done putting up good numbers. (He's easy to dislike, but you can't deny his drive...he'll work hard to come back after the injury.) I also think his contract leads people to hold him to an absurdly high standard at times.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

I remember teaching my boy the A-Roid chant.

Ahhh, those were the days.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

DrGaf wrote:I remember teaching my boy the A-Roid chant.

Echoing in my mind... Those were definitely not the days. I can't deal with his antics off the field when he is being paid such a ridiculous amount. Don't you think you could be satisfied to work hard without steroids and without complaining when you're being paid that much?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

On a football note, Ray Lewis just announced that he will be retiring after the playoffs this year. I have enjoyed watching Lewis for years.... I enjoy his fire and determination more than I like actually watching him on the field. Seems like a great leader and if you watch videos about him during the off season, it's pretty phenomenal!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

starmvp wrote:

Echoing in my mind... Those were definitely not the days. I can't deal with his antics off the field when he is being paid such a ridiculous amount. Don't you think you could be satisfied to work hard without steroids and without complaining when you're being paid that much?
That's the thing about A-Rod, really...he's never satisfied. He's not happy with being good; he wants everybody to think he's the greatest thing ever. It drives him to be a great player, but also to do dumb things to get even better, or to try too hard and wind up choking.

But he also does things like this: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=7220402

Sorry.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

karl(east) wrote:
starmvp wrote:

That's the thing about A-Rod, really...he's never satisfied. He's not happy with being good; he wants everybody to think he's the greatest thing ever. It drives him to be a great player, but also to do dumb things to get even better, or to try too hard and wind up choking.

But he also does things like this: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=7220402

Sorry.
Why did I even bother watching that.... I should have known what was coming :cry: :cry:
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Umm....Ray Lewis should be in prison.

:roll:
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:Umm....Ray Lewis should be in prison.

:roll: Yes.... It sounds like he has kept clean though...
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

starmvp wrote:

Yeah, as far as I know he hasn't help kill anyone lately.

So that's good.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
starmvp wrote:

Yeah, as far as I know he hasn't help kill anyone lately.

So that's good.
:lol: :roll: Off the field/court issues these days are such a shame to sports...
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Indeed.

It appears he has cleaned up his act but that still doesn't wash away everything.

8)
The Puck
LGW
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

PuckU126 wrote:

Indeed.

It appears he has cleaned up his act but that still doesn't wash away everything.

8)
No it does not ... :roll: But people forget about it when he is leading his team like he does...
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Any college football fans?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Spilling over a debate from the high school forum. Would you go to a game like Hill vs. Edina tomorrow? or would you watch the Vikings vs. Packers playoff game?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

starmvp wrote:Spilling over a debate from the high school forum. Would you go to a game like Hill vs. Edina tomorrow? or would you watch the Vikings vs. Packers playoff game?
If East were playing in a big home game tomorrow that conflicted with the game, I'd be there. (As it is, I hear the East AD convinced Moorhead to move their game with East up a few hours so fans who do make the road trip can catch both games.) But if it were a weak opponent, I'd probably stay home and watch football.

I'll probably have the Edina-Hill game streaming and muted on my computer so that I can check in during the many many moments of downtime one sees during football games.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

karl(east) wrote:
starmvp wrote:Spilling over a debate from the high school forum. Would you go to a game like Hill vs. Edina tomorrow? or would you watch the Vikings vs. Packers playoff game?
If East were playing in a big home game tomorrow that conflicted with the game, I'd be there. (As it is, I hear the East AD convinced Moorhead to move their game with East up a few hours so fans who do make the road trip can catch both games.) But if it were a weak opponent, I'd probably stay home and watch football.

I'll probably have the Edina-Hill game streaming and muted on my computer so that I can check in during the many many moments of downtime one sees during football games.
Thank you!!!!
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Personally, I would probably take the Vikings game over almost every regular season high school hockey game. Unless there are any huge rivalries you guys can come up with!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I won't say a word.

Oops, too late. :twisted: :P
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

karl(east) wrote:I won't say a word.

Oops, too late. :twisted: :P
That game was ridiculous...
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

I don't understand why there are Viking fans...

Nothing but disappointment each year.

Congrats to the Pack.

8)
The Puck
LGW
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

PuckU126 wrote:I don't understand why there are Viking fans...

Nothing but disappointment each year.

Congrats to the Pack.

8)
Next year :wink:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Join the club. :lol:

The second Joe Webb tossed the ball straight up into the air to avoid a sack for the first time, I knew I didn't have to worry. Really, it's a wonder he didn't turn the ball over five times. Christian Ponder suddenly looked like a perfectly decent NFL quarterback.

Meanwhile...the NHL lives!
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

karl(east) wrote:
Join the club. :lol:

The second Joe Webb tossed the ball straight up into the air to avoid a sack for the first time, I knew I didn't have to worry. Really, it's a wonder he didn't turn the ball over five times. Christian Ponder suddenly looked like a perfectly decent NFL quarterback.

Meanwhile...the NHL lives!
Webb made Ponder look like Favre
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006