LETS SET THE RECORD FOR LONGEST THREAD!!!!!!!!

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 pm

east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
You literally took the words from my mouth, Lee.

The NHL is dead to me as well. They take the fans for granted too often. I'll never buy tickets to games again (including my Wings), I will never buy NHL merchandise again (unless its unlicensed) and I will limit my viewing on TV. Boycott both the players and the owners. You're a fool if you spend your hard earned money on them.

They can all go pound sand. (I've been listening to a lot of Handel on the Law lately.)

8)
The Puck
LGW

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:56 pm

starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
You really are a Vikings fan...

You get crapped on year after year, etc and you still get back up for more.

8)
The Puck
LGW

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
You really are a Vikings fan...

You get crapped on year after year, etc and you still get back up for more.

8)
What if every Vikings fan slowly but sure abandoned their team? Eventually they would have no support! One of these years when they finally are successful I'll be able to say I stood by their side the entire time!

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:36 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
You literally took the words from my mouth, Lee.

The NHL is dead to me as well. They take the fans for granted too often. I'll never buy tickets to games again (including my Wings), I will never buy NHL merchandise again (unless its unlicensed) and I will limit my viewing on TV. Boycott both the players and the owners. You're a fool if you spend your hard earned money on them.

They can all go pound sand. (I've been listening to a lot of Handel on the Law lately.)

8)
You guys are harsh... You abandon the Vikings and now you're turning your backs on the sport we love.....

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm

starmvp wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
You literally took the words from my mouth, Lee.

The NHL is dead to me as well. They take the fans for granted too often. I'll never buy tickets to games again (including my Wings), I will never buy NHL merchandise again (unless its unlicensed) and I will limit my viewing on TV. Boycott both the players and the owners. You're a fool if you spend your hard earned money on them.

They can all go pound sand. (I've been listening to a lot of Handel on the Law lately.)

8)
You guys are harsh... You abandon the Vikings and now you're turning your backs on the sport we love.....
Just the NHL.

We still have college, high school, international, juniors, etc.

8)
The Puck
LGW

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

starmvp wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
You really are a Vikings fan...

You get crapped on year after year, etc and you still get back up for more.

8)
What if every Vikings fan slowly but sure abandoned their team? Eventually they would have no support! One of these years when they finally are successful I'll be able to say I stood by their side the entire time!
Define successful.

8)
The Puck
LGW

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
You really are a Vikings fan...

You get crapped on year after year, etc and you still get back up for more.

8)
What if every Vikings fan slowly but sure abandoned their team? Eventually they would have no support! One of these years when they finally are successful I'll be able to say I stood by their side the entire time!
Define successful.

8)
NFC Championship

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
You literally took the words from my mouth, Lee.

The NHL is dead to me as well. They take the fans for granted too often. I'll never buy tickets to games again (including my Wings), I will never buy NHL merchandise again (unless its unlicensed) and I will limit my viewing on TV. Boycott both the players and the owners. You're a fool if you spend your hard earned money on them.

They can all go pound sand. (I've been listening to a lot of Handel on the Law lately.)

8)
You guys are harsh... You abandon the Vikings and now you're turning your backs on the sport we love.....
Just the NHL.

We still have college, high school, international, juniors, etc.

8)
:roll: :roll: Fair enough... So you won't even watch the playoffs this year?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm

starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
Nope, no joy whatsoever.

As to the question of whether I'll watch the playoffs, if it doesn't conflict with:

1. An evening bike ride
2. Walking my dog
3. Taking a nap
4. Watching something on the 100+ other channels I have
5. Taking a drive

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
....is dead to me. They can all go pound sand, players and owners alike.

Lee
I have hard feelings about everything that happened... But you have no joy?? :roll:
Nope, no joy whatsoever.

As to the question of whether I'll watch the playoffs, if it doesn't conflict with:

1. An evening bike ride
2. Walking my dog
3. Taking a nap
4. Watching something on the 100+ other channels I have
5. Taking a drive

Lee
:lol: :lol: So no chance....

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm

This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
The Puck
LGW

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

PuckU126 wrote:This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
I was definitely thinking about that. With Parise and Suter I almost DON'T want the Wild to win the Stanley Cup this year because no one will give them credit for it. It would be much better if they won their first cup with a full season....

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 pm


east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 pm

PuckU126 wrote:This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
Well, if my car is stolen, my dog dies and the frame on my bike cracks...

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
Well, if my car is stolen, my dog dies and the frame on my bike cracks...

Lee
Throw a snow storm in there

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
Well, if my car is stolen, my dog dies and the frame on my bike cracks...

Lee
Throw a snow storm in there
You lost me.

8)
The Puck
LGW

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:This "season" (that they may have) has already been sullied by the greed and arrogance of the owners and players. In fact, there shouldn't be a playoffs; it would only taint the Cup. Put a asterisk next to the team that wins like Barry Bonds' HR record.

Play a full season, weed out the best teams within the league and then get Cup Crazy.

8)
Well, if my car is stolen, my dog dies and the frame on my bike cracks...

Lee
Throw a snow storm in there
You lost me.

8)
:oops: :oops: I thought he was referring to a different conversation of ours.... A busie Sundayy nightt means noo proof-reading for I... :wink:

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

I guess I am of two minds on the NHL mess. I'm as disgusted by the lockout as anyone, and certainly don't plan to spend any money on anything NHL-related over the course of the season. No doubt whatever happens this season will feel tainted.

But on the other hand, I do think hockey needs a successful top-end league if it's going to continue to grow and inspire kids to start playing. If Suter and Parise can turn the Wild into contenders and make Minnesota hockey fans forget about this whole mess, I'm all for it. But then, I suppose that's just enabling them if they want to repeat this nonsense again a few years down the road. It's a dilemma, really.

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

karl(east) wrote:I guess I am of two minds on the NHL mess. I'm as disgusted by the lockout as anyone, and certainly don't plan to spend any money on anything NHL-related over the course of the season. No doubt whatever happens this season will feel tainted.

But on the other hand, I do think hockey needs a successful top-end league if it's going to continue to grow and inspire kids to start playing. If Suter and Parise can turn the Wild into contenders and make Minnesota hockey fans forget about this whole mess, I'm all for it. But then, I suppose that's just enabling them if they want to repeat this nonsense again a few years down the road. It's a dilemma, really.
I had a feeling another lockout would occur within 10 years of the last one.... Let's just hope we can make it more than 10 years this time or else the NHL will certainly lose the majority of its credibility.

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 am

:-({|=

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Your Packers sure laid an egg, karl.

8)
The Puck
LGW

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm

PuckU126 wrote:Your Packers sure laid an egg, karl.

8)
The announcing of the score (I think it was 31-24 Frisco at the time) got almost as big a cheer from the Amsoil Arena crowd as when UMD scored on Michigan Tech.

Now that was just weird. And fun. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 am

east hockey wrote:The announcing of the score (I think it was 31-24 Frisco at the time) got almost as big a cheer from the Amsoil Arena crowd as when UMD scored on Michigan Tech.

Now that was just weird. And fun. :mrgreen:

Lee
I expect all Minnesotans that dislike the Packers to do so.

Karl must be either licking his wounds or in a deadlock writing his rankings.

8)
The Puck
LGW

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 am

PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:The announcing of the score (I think it was 31-24 Frisco at the time) got almost as big a cheer from the Amsoil Arena crowd as when UMD scored on Michigan Tech.

Now that was just weird. And fun. :mrgreen:

Lee
I expect all Minnesotans that dislike the Packers to do so.

Karl must be either licking his wounds or in a deadlock writing his rankings.

8)
"Football"? What is this "football" you speak of? I remember going to an enjoyable East-Eden Prairie game yesterday afternoon, and then there is a nice big black hole in my memory after that. It's as if it were all erased or something. Wait...hang on...I'm having these nightmarish flashes of someone in a red #7 jersey running rampant. Kyle Rau, is that you? No? Who is it? Better to just ignore it all, and pretend it didn't happen.

I would say "at least they beat the Vikings," but that really isn't much consolation at all. :P

Post Reply