LETS SET THE RECORD FOR LONGEST THREAD!!!!!!!!

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 am

Did you notice there is a thread on "why do you hate Goldfishdude?"...

I hope you guys are successful.... I really don't have much else to say, excpet that.... I dunno....

How 'bout that hit Alex Ovechkin had on the Black Hawks Campbell that broke his collarbone, and O-Dog ran him thru the boards??

DMom

Post by DMom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 am

murray wrote:1st post. whooooooooooo!!!!! after reading all winter, forgot bernie mac sucks, my kid id 6'3 215 and wants!!! to skate every single night.
2008 blades are better than the 2009 machine.
that late 2009 #8 on the termites for edina really can skate, future mr hockey there. I'm just sayin.
oh yeah hibbing does suck
Great first post Murray, there may be hope for the Cafe yet :shock:

wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:39 am

Goldfishdude wrote:Did you notice there is a thread on "why do you hate Goldfishdude?"...

I hope you guys are successful.... I really don't have much else to say, excpet that.... I dunno....

How 'bout that hit Alex Ovechkin had on the Black Hawks Campbell that broke his collarbone, and O-Dog ran him thru the boards??
I'm kind of pissed, because Campbell is on my fantasy team! :x
Always celly hard.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:05 am

Ovechkin's hit: hmm. I've been thinking. He was obviously playing very hard. I definitely do not think it was intentional or cheap and you could tell that he felt bad after the hit.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 am

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:Did you notice there is a thread on "why do you hate Goldfishdude?"...

I'm kind of pissed, because Campbell is on my fantasy team! :x
6-8 Weeks. He'll be back soon enough :wink:

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 am

how about the soiux hit on the gopher player?

DMom

Post by DMom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 am

dirtracing17 wrote:how about the soiux hit on the gopher player?
Much worse hit and he only got a 5 minute, how could there not have been intent to injure on that one?

Kasson, MN -dirt track

signed,

former modified pit crew groupie

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

dirtracing17 wrote:how about the soiux hit on the gopher player?
Left his feet, cheap, uncalled for...

Thehockeyplaya

Not happppenin

Post by Thehockeyplaya » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 pm

This will never happen if you guys go to the archives forum there is a section 2A thread from back in the 2002-2003 season. It reached the max limit and EZboard "this site runs off of them I believe" locked it because it was getting to big. Lee unlocked it and it would immediately lock up again after a few comments...I'm just going to take a stab at it that Lee isn't going to want to sit and unlock this worthless thread every 5mins so you can have "the biggest topic"

Nice try though.

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Not happppenin

Post by east hockey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Thehockeyplaya wrote:This will never happen if you guys go to the archives forum there is a section 2A thread from back in the 2002-2003 season. It reached the max limit and EZboard "this site runs off of them I believe" locked it because it was getting to big. Lee unlocked it and it would immediately lock up again after a few comments...I'm just going to take a stab at it that Lee isn't going to want to sit and unlock this worthless thread every 5mins so you can have "the biggest topic"

Nice try though.
If that was the case, no, I wouldn't keep unlocking the topic. However, the 500 post max EZBoard had doesn't apply here. I don't know what the max # of posts is on an phpbb topic. Guess we'll find out. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

starmvp

Re: Not happppenin

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm

east hockey wrote:
Thehockeyplaya wrote:This will never happen if you guys go to the archives forum there is a section 2A thread from back in the 2002-2003 season. It reached the max limit and EZboard "this site runs off of them I believe" locked it because it was getting to big. Lee unlocked it and it would immediately lock up again after a few comments...I'm just going to take a stab at it that Lee isn't going to want to sit and unlock this worthless thread every 5mins so you can have "the biggest topic"

Nice try though.
If that was the case, no, I wouldn't keep unlocking the topic. However, the 500 post max EZBoard had doesn't apply here. I don't know what the max # of posts is on an phpbb topic. Guess we'll find out. :)

Lee
I guess we will find out! Eventually....

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:07 pm

It didnt really look like the hit was intentional. When campbell got hit he kinda fell over and NAILED the boards...
The fighting team has a hockey problem

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm

3 pages in 3 days, we are well on our way to the longest thread. EVERYONE KEEP POSTING!!!!!!
The fighting team has a hockey problem

Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 pm

http://www.mlive.com/printer/printer.ss ... thispage=2
LINK TO AP ALL STATE... interesting

who got snubbed?..

for the most part i think that it is pretty good.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

nickmon3 wrote:

It didnt really look like the hit was intentional. When campbell got hit he kinda fell over and NAILED the boards...
Once again, Ovechkin plays hard. You could tell he felt bad after the hit. This is what he said a couple days after the hit: “I am very sorry that Brian was injured and I hope he is able to return to his team soon. NHL hockey is a physical game. We all play hard every time we are on the ice and have battles each shift in every game we play so we can do our jobs and win. As players we must accept responsibility for our actions and I am no different but I did not intend to injure Brian and that is why I was disappointed with the NHL’s decision yesterday. Every time I have the honor to play for my team, I will continue to do what I have done since I was taught to play. I will play hard, play with passion and play with respect for my teammates, opponents and fans. I look forward to returning to my team and doing everything I can to be the best player I can be.”

R1nk Rat 174

Post by R1nk Rat 174 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

starmvp wrote:
nickmon3 wrote:

Once again, Ovechkin plays hard. You could tell he felt bad after the hit. This is what he said a couple days after the hit: “I am very sorry that Brian was injured and I hope he is able to return to his team soon. NHL hockey is a physical game. We all play hard every time we are on the ice and have battles each shift in every game we play so we can do our jobs and win. As players we must accept responsibility for our actions and I am no different but I did not intend to injure Brian and that is why I was disappointed with the NHL’s decision yesterday. Every time I have the honor to play for my team, I will continue to do what I have done since I was taught to play. I will play hard, play with passion and play with respect for my teammates, opponents and fans. I look forward to returning to my team and doing everything I can to be the best player I can be.”
He should not of been suspended!
the rest of the players in league should play as hard as he does

mr. plow

Post by mr. plow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 pm

im still here. went to all star game. that was fun to watch.range came up short. new game tonite . fear the beard?

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:09 pm

R1nk Rat 174 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
nickmon3 wrote:

He should not of been suspended!
the rest of the players in league should play as hard as he does
Anyone else would have been suspended as well, so he is no different. It is a dangerous hit and it ended in an injury.

blueblood

longets post

Post by blueblood » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Wcha final 5 will be without the goofers for first time in 11 or 12 years. Is it time for Lucia to go?

And to answer FF's question:

I would rather be a Gopher than a SUE!
Play Like a Champion Today

Goldy Gopher

Re: longets post

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:39 pm

blueblood wrote:Wcha final 5 will be without the goofers for first time in 11 or 12 years. Is it time for Lucia to go?

If anyone listened to Maturi on Barreiro yesterday the entire coaching staff will be back for at least one more year.
The U invented swagger.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 pm

blueblood wrote:Wcha final 5 will be without the goofers for first time in 11 or 12 years. Is it time for Lucia to go?

Personally I think it is time for Lucia to go, but that's just me

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:

If anyone listened to Maturi on Barreiro yesterday the entire coaching staff will be back for at least one more year.
Really? Is this official?

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 pm

starmvp wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

Since the person who has the power to make the decision was the one saying it, my guess would be yes.
The U invented swagger.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
starmvp wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

Since the person who has the power to make the decision was the one saying it, my guess would be yes.
Good point :idea: We'll see...

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 pm

i think don and crew needs to stop taking these kids rite out of high school. aaron ness should have been a senior at roseau but was a freshman at the U. and was at the time playing against kids with 2-3 years of juniors behind them. it will be the same senario for mr. hockey next year.