VERY IMPORTANT MUST READ

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:We should get the sectional chat room going this year. I haven't done that in a LONG time...

8)
Chat was a feature used on the old server, prior to the Board moving to phpbb. Not available with this software from what I can see.

Lee
Darn...

I knew we did it on the old board but I didn't know that feature didn't carry over...

Oh well, it was worth it to ask.

8)
There are ways to set up chat rooms independent of the forum. We could post a link to one on the main forum...that could be very fun on, say, Semifinal Saturday.

If someone could look into that, it'd be great.

EREmpireStrikesBack
Posts: 5140
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:28 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 pm

karl(east) wrote: If someone could look into that, it'd be great.
Isn't your job to do all the work and us to complain about whatever you come up with?

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 pm

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
karl(east) wrote: If someone could look into that, it'd be great.
Isn't your job to do all the work and us to complain about whatever you come up with?

:idea:
:lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 pm

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
karl(east) wrote: If someone could look into that, it'd be great.
Isn't your job to do all the work and us to complain about whatever you come up with?

:idea:
:lol: Normally...I figured I'd share the love.

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
The Puck
LGW

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:49 pm

PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm

east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
:D

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 pm

east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
Timed bans?

8)
The Puck
LGW

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN

Post by east hockey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
Timed bans?

8)
I would assume this would mean a mod can ban a person for a set period of time. It's also built into version 3 of phpbb, where you can "suspend" a person for a period of time rather than do an outright ban.

Speaking of, Mitch, if you're reading, would an upgrade to version 3 help with that nasty Critical Error message, or is this a problem with the web host?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 pm

east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
Timed bans?

8)
I would assume this would mean a mod can ban a person for a set period of time. It's also built into version 3 of phpbb, where you can "suspend" a person for a period of time rather than do an outright ban.

Speaking of, Mitch, if you're reading, would an upgrade to version 3 help with that nasty Critical Error message, or is this a problem with the web host?

Lee
[-o<

8)
The Puck
LGW

karl(east)
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:Maybe this could help, Karl...

http://www.everywherechat.com/

8)
"Timed bans". I like it already! Image

Lee
Timed bans?

8)
I would assume this would mean a mod can ban a person for a set period of time. It's also built into version 3 of phpbb, where you can "suspend" a person for a period of time rather than do an outright ban.

Speaking of, Mitch, if you're reading, would an upgrade to version 3 help with that nasty Critical Error message, or is this a problem with the web host?

Lee
[-o<

8)
The timed bans do sound like fun! Image

And out of pure curiosity, why is minnhock.com the place where the Hitler emoticon comes from? :lol: :lol:

We could try to do a test run of the chat room tomorrow night; at this point I don't have any plans, though that may change...

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 pm

karl(east) wrote:The timed bans do sound like fun! Image

And out of pure curiosity, why is minnhock.com the place where the Hitler emoticon comes from? :lol: :lol:

We could try to do a test run of the chat room tomorrow night; at this point I don't have any plans, though that may change...
Yeah, for the mods... :lol:

And I was wondering the same thing about the minnhock hotlink with the Hitler img. The other "board" has that image as :lee: :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

Post Reply