Joel Maturi

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Marty McSorely

Joel Maturi

Post by Marty McSorely » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

Will he go down in history as the worst AD in the U's history?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophe ... 56109.html

PuckU126

Re: Joel Maturi

Post by PuckU126 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 am

Marty McSorely wrote:Will he go down in history as the worst AD in the U's history?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophe ... 56109.html
No way.

As a Sioux fan, I think this is the best decision the Rodents have made in a looong time. :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW

Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:13 am

The people in my inner circle like to affectionately call him, Joel MANUREi..

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:57 am

Under Maturi, the big revenue sports have declined drastically...
Football - Gopher nation hire went horrible, but built a stadium, how did that happen... :shock: Kill may be good, I like him, but we have not seen the product yet...
Basketball - We have kids leaving the program in droves... :shock: Went from ranked 13th in the country to missing the NIT... :shock: Wow!
Hockey - 3rd year not in NCAA, missed Final Five last two years, recruits not playing to potential, seniors lacking heart and will to win, small D core that struggle both defensively and offensively, and forwards who can't score... .500 record over last 4 years... Won 2 titles with a lot of Wooger kids... Poor assistants...

How can an AD keep his position with such a mess and the underacheivements these top revenue sports continue to provide the consumers with... We are facing next year with an empty new TCF Bank Stadium, an empty barn, and an empty Mariucci... and they are talking about premium seating costs coming... :shock:

Maturi has to go...