Overtime Hockey League (OHL - Simulation Hockey)

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Jesster

Overtime Hockey League (OHL - Simulation Hockey)

Post by Jesster » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Overtime Hockey League (OHL) is just beginning and is looking to add more members into its hockey league.
Ever wanted to create your own player and compete to be win a championship? Maybe you're like Ovechkin and you want to score 50 goals a season. Or, perhaps you want to be like Thornton and lead the league in assists every year. Of course, being a heavyweight like Colton Orr, or a punishing defenseman like Dion Phaneuf can be rewarding too.

Now, with the Overtime Hockey League, you have a chance to create your own player and define your own legacy! CHECK IT OUT:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/OHL/index.php?act=idx

How does it work? Simple: First you Create your player which will be entirely unique to your own traits. This is done by taking a survey which asks you questions, your answer to the two surveys will be factored together to create your player and attribute points will be allocated based upon your player’s personalty drawn from your survery answers. Then, you'll be entered into the OHL Entry Draft.

After the draft, you take part in training camp where you can improve your player, negotiate your contract, you can find a job to earn yourself some extra cash (also used to improve your player). These jobs are not required but are a great way to participate and get more out of the league. Things like writing media articles about your player and keeping up to date on his experiences throughout his career in the OHL.

Then the fun really starts as the season opens - you'll see your team compete and your player rack up the goals, assists, or maybe penalty minutes.
BEST PART: This league is brand new and will be celebrating its inaugural season making this the best time to make history and be looked up to as the greatest player in the history of the Overtime Hockey League.

The OHL is run by experienced administrators who love simulation hockey, and are devoted to making the league a great experience for all of its members. It uses the SimonT Hockey Simulator for simming all of the games, and will provide live play by play (and with it an exciting atmosphere) for each simulated game. This league will be one of the best and most unique sim hockey league for many years.

If you're interested or have any questions, swing by and check it out, all of your questions are welcome and will be answered promptly!

Jesster

Post by Jesster » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

By the way I am brand new here, obviously but I wanted to share this league with you guys. It is a lot of fun and I've enjoyed sim leagues for quite a few years now and this is one of the most unique and active leagues I've had the pleasure to be a part of.