Oh, wait...

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:53 pm

You don't suppose when MN summer AAA teams play in tournaments in Toronto or Boston those kids might get noticed, even if they play high school hockey in the winter?

I'm going to stick with the point that most sports, and probably band, speech, Legos, etc. can all be compared - a kid can get noticed at a summer camp at the U, helping build the national runner-up solar car, then go back and spend the school year on his/her local robotics team, and he/she will still get calls from engineering programs all over the country.

SPUDNUT

Re: Oh, wait...

Post by SPUDNUT » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Sats81 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:It sure is lucky Tyus' parents had enough foresight to transfer him to a private school to help his development. Oh, wait...
Rather than letting him languish at a wrestling school, at least they sublet an apartment at in the Hopkins school district, so he'd get noticed. Oh, wait...
Being that Minnesota isn't a basketball hotbed, they billeted him with a family in Indiana or Kentucky to prove he could play at the college level. Oh, wait...
They had him boarding at the US Olympic team development program. Oh, wait...
What does this have to do with hockey? Is basketball even a sport?[/quote]

DITTO !!!

Since the title at the top of this page is: "Minnesota High School Hockey", I wonder if basketball people can even read . . . . .

Sanford

Re: Oh, wait...

Post by Sanford » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:47 am

SPUDNUT wrote:
DITTO !!!

Since the title at the top of this page is: "Minnesota High School Hockey", I wonder if basketball people can even read . . . . .

Oh, wait... SPUDNUT is just another hockey parent that thinks he/she is superior to others.
Oh, wait...The Cafe
The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Oh, wait...SPUDNUT can read but, he can't comprehend.
Oh, wait... :roll:

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:29 pm

One up on 'ya, since you don't seem able to do either one -